Forza 5 at TGS 2013 shows 'severe visual degradation' compared to E3 build

#1Dev0311Posted 9/27/2013 4:01:17 PM
"The writer, Seiji Nakamura, laments a severe visual downgrade from what he experienced at E3. The gist of the problem is that in the Forza 5 corner of the Microsoft booth things looked so bad that the monitors seemed badly adjusted. Aliasing and jaggies were standing out.

In the Forza 5 press room the situation was even worse, with the picture quality defined as “rough” like what you’d see if the output was 720p, with a definite visual degradation from the E3 version."

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/09/22/tgs-2013-first-japanese-preview-of-forza-motorsport-5-laments-severe-visual-degradation-from-e3-version/

I must admit Forza 5 looked awesome at E3. I just wonder what's going on with Xbone game development recently? It's like they aimed too high and now have to lower their standards...
#2AlexanaxelaPosted 9/27/2013 4:03:05 PM
dammit meg
---
There's no way I can pay you back, but my plan is to show you that i understand.
You are appreciated.
#3Satchmo25Posted 9/27/2013 4:14:52 PM
phew. I read the article in the link and it seems it was just poorly adjusted monitors. As one of my most anticipated games I thought maybe something was wrong with the build
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
#4squarex8264Posted 9/27/2013 4:15:11 PM
But the article you linked to says there is no known issue, and the build is the exact same build that was shown at Gamescom where no one reported an issue with it...

Do you even read the sources you link? :)
---
Gamertag: Squ4rex
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#5fallangePosted 9/27/2013 4:20:24 PM
squarex8264 posted...
But the article you linked to says there is no known issue, and the build is the exact same build that was shown at Gamescom where no one reported an issue with it...

He read the tittle and got so excited about the "bad" news that he didn't care about the article at all. That's part of this whole trolling thing ;)
---
have you heard the news?
the dogs are dead!
#6Dev0311(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 4:26:27 PM
squarex8264 posted...

"When asked on Neogaf on why Nakamura-san may have experienced what he did, he provided further information even if he doesn’t know what may have gone wrong.

Microsoft PR:
I really don’t know. When I had time on the floor I was checking out the.. ahem… competition. Stuff I don’t get to see normally.

I had the same build as was on the floor in the Conference rooms, so I know it was the same, but I didn’t see the issue described in the article."

I did read it and could go either way. Depending if you believe Nakamura-san or Microsoft PR. Either way, Microsoft PR doesn't sound too sure of what the issue is. "I really don't know." If it was a monitor issue, just say so.
#7BroncavPosted 9/27/2013 5:46:55 PM
squarex8264 posted...

Sony fanboys have an amazing capacity for "selective reading."
---
Being a fanboy = Defending and dedicating yourself to a piece of plastic, made by a corporation that doesn't care about you anyway.