Once and for all, this is why PS4 is 50% faster than Xbone

#1Dev0311Posted 9/27/2013 5:55:18 PM
This is straight up logic folks, no fanboyism required.

First, let's start with the fact that:
"The sensor (Kinect) costs almost as much as the console to make."

http://vr-zone.com/articles/kinect-2-0-hardware-costs-nearly-as-much-as-xbox-one-console-to-manufacture/45487.html

So we can postulate that Xbone console = $300, Kinect 2.0 = $200, package deal = $500.
(Or some other variation like Xbone console = $275, Kinect 2.0 = $225). Whatever. The point is that the standalone Xbone console is cheaper than a PS4, which means cheaper components. It's the Kinect 2.0 driving up the total cost to $500.

PS4 = $400.

Console versus console, PS4 is actually MORE expensive than the Xbone, which is why it performs 50% faster and is the superior of the generation.

There you have it, folks. Not that hard to understand.
#2mrpicPosted 9/27/2013 6:00:18 PM
Ps4 fanboys will realize 50% faster they made a bad choice?
#3DXiRoNMaNPosted 9/27/2013 6:02:02 PM
I don't care about price, my PS3 just crapped out after one of their stupid updates, I will never buy a Sony product again
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron
#4fretless58Posted 9/27/2013 6:06:27 PM(edited)
mrpic posted...
Ps4 fanboys will realize 50% faster they made a bad choice?

No, but Xbone fanboys will take 50% longer to realize they made a bad choice. That is, if thinking so much about what a bad choice it was doesn't red ring their brains in the process.
---
http://fretless94.deviantart.com/
#5sworderPosted 9/27/2013 6:11:36 PM
DXiRoNMaN posted...
I don't care about price, my PS3 just crapped out after one of their stupid updates, I will never buy a Sony product again

You could just fix it by downloading the firmware to a USB from your PC

if you threw out your PS3 then that says more about you than them
#6Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 9/27/2013 6:16:48 PM
you really think this is once and for all...
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#7mike468Posted 9/27/2013 6:23:34 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8Dev0311(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 6:32:26 PM
mike468 posted...
Post is absolutely pointless. has nothing to do technically with either system as to which one is better. Your assessment is based on price and the cost of components alone. Not all components are brands are equal or cost the same. Sony could have gone with some generic brand that has a high failure rate, while MS might have went with kingston or another top brand. Not saying this is fact, but it just points to the stupidity of this post.

OMG, Sony and Microsoft have both been in the industry for more than a decade already, I'm sure their component costs are as low as they could get and barely an issue when it comes to this.

The fact everyone needs to realize is that MS is including a very expensive Kinect with each $500 package. Take that Kinect away and you will have an Xbone that is cheaper than a PS4, which will also be reflected in cheaper performance, which is consistent with what devs are saying about PS4 being 50% faster.
#9True_FoeHammerPosted 9/27/2013 6:44:39 PM
mike468 posted...
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

Do you *really* think that Microsoft wouldn't cut some corners on the hardware front? Because history would tell us otherwise.
#10straymatterPosted 9/27/2013 6:47:10 PM
The logic on the one hand, I understand. No Kinect = larger budget for the system overall

However, The Xbox is designed to compete with the PS4 and have advantage, it is designed that the end result through different architectures, as powerful at least parity to PS4. It is do or die strategy. They have been competing against Sony for the last two gen and have managed great results.