Microsoft used highend PC to show Xbox one games at E3. Games will be downgraded

#11assassin10133Posted 9/28/2013 5:38:14 AM
http://forum.outerspace.terra.com.br/index.php?threads/digital-foundry-afirma-ryse-forza-5-e-killer-instinct-estavam-rodando-no-xbox-one-em-ingl%C3%AAs.336999/

From the article: "We could access the console's menu by pressing the Xbox Home button, and by selecting the Ryse window, we could switch back to play again very smoothly. Yes, there's no doubt about it - this is definitely running on "real deal" Xbox One hardware." This isn't from the original article but I do remember reading after E3 that Ryse definitely was running on Xbox One hardware.

So what was that about it running on a high end pc? The author who wrote the article saying it was running on pc at E3 is speculating, provides no proof what so ever. Oh, and Crytek tweeted they reduced the triangle count to essentially make other parts of the environment look better, that's not proof of incapable hardware, that allocating your available resources to obtain balance in the game experience.
#12assassin10133Posted 9/28/2013 5:41:57 AM
Not to mention all this with shoddy drivers thus far as noted by multiple devs, once MS gets better drivers out performance will only get better
#13ste_1Posted 9/28/2013 5:44:11 AM
Get a life
#14SoulTrapperPosted 9/28/2013 5:58:20 AM
I think it's more due to Crytek having to rush out Ryse for the launch than a weak xbox.

It is, of course absolute BS that Microsoft showcased their games on much more powerful hardware than what would actually be available for the consumer.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#15assassin10133Posted 9/28/2013 6:09:36 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
I think it's more due to Crytek having to rush out Ryse for the launch than a weak xbox.

It is, of course absolute BS that Microsoft showcased their games on much more powerful hardware than what would actually be available for the consumer.

Some of the XB1 games at E3 were being shown on high end PCs, no doubt. The pics that popped up at E3 showing it was the Lococycle booth, and the studio came out and admitted they did it independently and because they didn't have an XB1 build of the game ready. If I remember correctly Lococycle, DR3 and one other one were for sure running on PCs at E3, according to Digital Foundry first party games were on actual XB1 hardware as was Ryse, Forza, don't remember others. trying to meet launch date will definitely effect optimization time, bad drivers aren't helping XB1s case ATM either.
#16NewavePosted 9/28/2013 6:12:38 AM
Reminds me of how they did the exact same thing with Halo 2 back in the day.
---
Kill the legs first, that's an ironclad battle tactic!
#17whitelytningPosted 9/28/2013 6:15:30 AM
Newave posted...

Or how this is commonplace for the industry. This is not news because (a) it happens all the time and (b) it is months old.
---
http://i.imgur.com/iZdWIKJ.jpg
#18assassin10133Posted 9/28/2013 6:19:49 AM
whitelytning posted...
Newave posted...

Or how this is commonplace for the industry. This is not news because (a) it happens all the time and (b) it is months old.

And (c) there were actual games at E3 running on actual XB1 hardware, game in question in this thread one of them
#19MeghiddoPosted 9/28/2013 6:30:00 AM
Old news

I remember watching some demo during e3 and then in the middle of it you hear a Windows sound effect. It was pretty funny, I wish I could remember what they were showing.
---
Currently playing - doctor, with your mom
#20RealCountryDarkPosted 9/28/2013 6:53:15 AM
Do you know if the new Forza has weather effects? That would be great if it did.
---
Doormat says "GO AWAY"