Microsoft used highend PC to show Xbox one games at E3. Games will be downgraded

#21SoulTrapperPosted 9/28/2013 7:56:29 AM
assassin10133 posted...

Some of the XB1 games at E3 were being shown on high end PCs, no doubt. The pics that popped up at E3 showing it was the Lococycle booth, and the studio came out and admitted they did it independently and because they didn't have an XB1 build of the game ready. If I remember correctly Lococycle, DR3 and one other one were for sure running on PCs at E3, according to Digital Foundry first party games were on actual XB1 hardware as was Ryse, Forza, don't remember others. trying to meet launch date will definitely effect optimization time, bad drivers aren't helping XB1s case ATM either.

Yeah, the problem with that digital foundry thing is that some (think it was Killer instinct) game they claimed to have seen running at 1080p at 60fps on an xbox was later revealed to be running lower.

Which means that most likely all games seen at E3, even those by digital foundry, were running on PCs.

The fact that Ryse is being downgraded ads further doubt to that entire article.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#22assassin10133Posted 9/28/2013 8:00:19 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
assassin10133 posted...

Some of the XB1 games at E3 were being shown on high end PCs, no doubt. The pics that popped up at E3 showing it was the Lococycle booth, and the studio came out and admitted they did it independently and because they didn't have an XB1 build of the game ready. If I remember correctly Lococycle, DR3 and one other one were for sure running on PCs at E3, according to Digital Foundry first party games were on actual XB1 hardware as was Ryse, Forza, don't remember others. trying to meet launch date will definitely effect optimization time, bad drivers aren't helping XB1s case ATM either.

Yeah, the problem with that digital foundry thing is that some (think it was Killer instinct) game they claimed to have seen running at 1080p at 60fps on an xbox was later revealed to be running lower.

Which means that most likely all games seen at E3, even those by digital foundry, were running on PCs.

The fact that Ryse is being downgraded ads further doubt to that entire article.

I'm not sure about the KI thing, could be though, not gonna dispute it. The thing with Ryse though is they said they could access the consoles menu by pressing the XB home button and seamlessly switch between that and the menu so that's why they stated it was without a doubt running on actual XB1 hardware at E3
#23SoulTrapperPosted 9/28/2013 8:05:06 AM
assassin10133 posted...

I'm not sure about the KI thing, could be though, not gonna dispute it. The thing with Ryse though is they said they could access the consoles menu by pressing the XB home button and seamlessly switch between that and the menu so that's why they stated it was without a doubt running on actual XB1 hardware at E3

Yes, that's what they stated.
So I'm not sure exactly what went wrong or why they changed it.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#24ChargrilledPosted 9/28/2013 8:37:29 AM
RealCountryDark posted...
Do you know if the new Forza has weather effects? That would be great if it did.

No it doesnt unfortunately
---
GT : DeadJericho/PSN : Focalpoint/WiiU : FocalpointUK
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#25assassin10133Posted 9/28/2013 8:42:20 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
assassin10133 posted...

Yes, that's what they stated.
So I'm not sure exactly what went wrong or why they changed it.

Ya I don't know either. I do agree it doesn't make sense although I believe Crytek said they reduced the triangle count on the faces so they could make the rest of the environment look better, or that in a nutshell. Maybe they were experiencing too much of a frame rate drop in other parts of the game not shown where they wanted to show more on screen? No idea, speculation at this point.
#26ILikesCheesePosted 9/28/2013 8:50:28 AM
FusionC posted...
I didnt want to add to this nonsense...but considering Forza 5 still looks as amazing today as it did at E3 and has been shown running on XB1 hardware at full 1080p 60fps shows otherwise. This issue is on Crytek's end. Not MS's

1080P and 60 FPS is a great accomplishment, but did you really think Forza 5 looked all that great at E3 last June? Its graphics were on par with the XBox 360's Grid 2 IMO.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#27rusty12000Posted 9/28/2013 8:57:23 AM
That pretty funny actually *hugs PC*
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#28BiochemicPosted 9/28/2013 9:00:58 AM
Every console unveiling is like that. It's been this way since the PS1.
#29Dev0311Posted 9/28/2013 10:13:33 AM
Vivaldi7 posted...
Why does it just not sink in that this nex gen just cant handle 1080p 60fps and high spec detail ?

Get over it, or go pc.
---

Looks like this is coming true. To add insult to injury, Xbone costs $500, wtf.
#30LazyyAmericanPosted 9/28/2013 11:07:55 AM
Why does it just not sink in that this nex gen just cant handle 1080p 60fps and high spec detail ?

Get over it, or go pc.
---
Quite the dilemma....to coexist in a world that ostracizes you into obscurity