Why the XBO is better and why nobody cares for the PS4 on these boards

#261DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/8/2013 12:45:20 PM(edited)
Doesn't matter if they are timed or not. My idea of purchasing a console isn't to buy one this year so I have games to play some 3-4 years down the line.

Secondly, CGI trailers or not, those games are announced for 2014. Sony has not announced their games at all. As for announcing their "load" early, that is traditionally the realm of Sony. In fact, MS is pretty good with due dates.

You say Sony has more releasing but how do you know they aren't timed exclusives as well and why can't you list their announcements?

The Order is just a CGI trailer too but you don't seem to be in much haste to cancel out that game. Like I said, you are a generic brand of Pony.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#262DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/8/2013 12:48:36 PM(edited)
RemakeMe posted...
DesperateMonkey posted...
Just because they spend more money =/= better.

Actually, money is a pretty consistent indicator in the gaming industry........

What if they have crappier engineers?

And a second ago, you were talking about how history should be used but you don't use RELEVANT history such as their pedigree with games like Viva Pinata, Halo series, Gears of War, Forza, Fable, Mass Effect, Ninja Gaiden and so on. At first I thought you were just making mistakes. Now its pretty clear you are just a generic fanboy.

Relevant history? Hows those exclusives coming out for 360 recently? Oh and those new ips.... Viva Pinata is dead. Mass Effect and Ninja Gaiden are multi console. Halo, Gears, Forza is all you have.

But you see, development talent is a consistent aspect of history. That the Xbox 360 is losing support because MS spent all their money on the XBOne is useless history. Unless you are saying that 5 years later, games will start slowing down? I'm sorry but I'm not buying a console for something to play 5 years later.

Sony was also barren for its launch. So is that whats going to happen again? Lets take the entirety of that history and assume that the PS4 is going to be a worthless console for the next 4 years then and we will concede your point that PS4 will be great sometime before the next generation rolls around.
---
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#263RemakeMePosted 10/8/2013 12:52:58 PM(edited)
DesperateMonkey posted...
Doesn't matter if they are timed or not. My idea of purchasing a console isn't to buy one this year so I have games to play some 3-4 years down the line.

Secondly, CGI trailers or not, those games are announced for 2014. Sony has not announced their games at all. As for announcing their "load" early, that is traditionally the realm of Sony. In fact, MS is pretty good with due dates.

You say Sony has more releasing but how do you know they aren't timed exclusives as well and why can't you list their announcements?

The Order is just a CGI trailer too but you don't seem to be in much haste to cancel out that game. Like I said, you are a generic brand of Pony.

Also The Order has been getting alot of info on the game, with screens and gameplay tidbits and info and a big coverage on game informers November issue so i'd say it's far more along than those games you list.

And it's a Sony OWNED ip...wont see it ever on ONE. You guys seem to be lacking a lot of real FIRST party games there. Banking on 3rd party as usual...cough* timed.

Yet whenever i hear the "phrase" im buying for launch games... i doubt you or anyone else will buy ALL of those games day 1. Especially when they have plenty of multiconsole games to tied them over till the next big release as well...

---
"There's No absolutes in life. Only in Vodka"
#264DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/8/2013 12:55:42 PM
Thats a lot of excuses. I never said the Order will be multiplat. There are as many first party Xbox games as there are PS4 games. On top of that, there is a bunch of third party stuff which just makes it sad.

The Order and Infamous goes up against Halo 5, Quantum Break, Project Spark and the Black Tusk project.

I don't know where you learned to count...

And yes I am buying a lot of games this year, some of which are on other consoles:

Crimson Dragon
BF4
Lego Marvel
Dead Rising 3
XCom Enemy Within
Dark Souls 2

The fact is, I have a lot more to choose from, not that I am buying all of them.
---
#265RemakeMePosted 10/8/2013 12:56:35 PM
And the only reason 360 seemed like a bigger library at the time was because it was released a year earlier. This time they are being release together and with THE PS4 has tons of momentum, easier to develop than the cell, worldwide recognition (more Japanese support).

I'd bet by fall 2014 the PS4 will dominate the ONE in terms of exclusivity by a huge margin... That goes for "retail" too since apparently that's all that matters around here.
---
"There's No absolutes in life. Only in Vodka"
#266rockman11_zPosted 10/8/2013 1:03:34 PM
RemakeMe posted...
And the only reason 360 seemed like a bigger library at the time was because it was released a year earlier. This time they are being release together and with THE PS4 has tons of momentum, easier to develop than the cell, worldwide recognition (more Japanese support).

I'd bet by fall 2014 the PS4 will dominate the ONE in terms of exclusivity by a huge margin... That goes for "retail" too since apparently that's all that matters around here.

I agree. I love both consoles but PS4 has a lot of momentum this it has a higher chance to dominate.
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiance of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#267DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/8/2013 1:12:17 PM
RemakeMe posted...
And the only reason 360 seemed like a bigger library at the time was because it was released a year earlier.

Wow, thats just plain wrong. I don't know why you are still arguing with history when you don't even know history.

The PS3 released in 2006 with Ridge Racer and Resistance... going up against Dead Rising, Gears of War, Chromehounds, Saints Row, Test Drive Unlimited and Viva Pinata. The Xbox also scored one of the first jRPGs with Enchanted arms that year not that it was very good.

You think 2007 was better?

PS3 had Motorstorm, F1 Championship, MLB The Show, Warhawk,Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank, Time Crisis and Uncharted Drakes Fortune.

Xbox 360 had Crack Down, Command and Conquer 3, Forza Motorsport 2, Tenchu Z, Blue Dragon, Halo 3, PGR4, Beautiful Katamari, Ace Combat 6, Naruto: Rise of a Ninja and F.E.A.R.

So where is this history of more PS3 games releasing? Would you like to continue looking at 2008 and 2009 when Xbox dominated the jRPG scene?
---