X1 controller: best for shooters

#21straymatterPosted 9/28/2013 5:55:34 PM
WM_PMC posted...
Hey look, I can post opinions too!

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/06/25/battlefield-4-designer-explains-superiority-of-dualshock-4-over-ps3-and-360-controller-mocks-the-fanboys/

I think the opinion of a FPS dev holds a little more weight than some random dude online ;)

No better than X1 they still say. Hey man they love the X1 and you love it too! And you are going to get one for the PC.
#22DelRowePosted 9/28/2013 6:09:59 PM
shawntew9935 posted...
Juvart24 posted...
Ch3wy posted...
NeoAnduril posted...
Hey look! Opinions!

Good job, you've correctly identified an opinion.

Congratulations Billy, you've passed the third grade!

Awwww I wrote down fact does that mean I fail?

Did someone forget to switch alts?

He is making a joke out of Ch3wy's post. Instead of opinion, he guessed fact, so he was wrong.
---
You are not in control.
#23Thewinner14Posted 9/28/2013 8:44:56 PM
muffinmasher posted...
rusty12000 posted...
Mouse and keyboard is the best for FPS

This.
I don't even play PC shooters, but anyone with a brain knows this is the reality.

the steambox will settle this debate as SB users will be playing against PC users in the same servers. I mean, it's possible now, but if the SB has any momentum and the dudebros start playing CoD on that with a controller (take your pick) against PC gamers with kb/m.....oh boy...
---
3DS FC: 3496-9988-4201
AC:NL dream code: 4000-2184-5956
#24BraxSimeonPosted 9/28/2013 9:16:40 PM
muffinmasher posted...
rusty12000 posted...

This.
I don't even play PC shooters, but anyone with a brain knows this is the reality.

mouse + keyboard = easiest sniping, but that doesn't necessarily mean "the best for FPS".
MOUSE = great for aiming
Keyboard = crappy 4/8-way digital movement. Maybe there's a Shift-toggle for running, but keyboard movement control is crud.

It comes down to what you thing "best" means. If it's "impossibly easy to snap aim", mouse has it all the way. If it's "serves as a fairly transparent input", then many, many people have managed to aim using everything from keyboards, joysticks, touchpads, and mice. It's all opinion, but personally I'd rather have analog movement and analog aiming. I hate tap-walking.
---
GT: Brax
13 12 4 X
#25jrr18Posted 9/29/2013 12:21:41 AM
muffinmasher posted...
rusty12000 posted...

This.

this I do like gamepads better they can't compete performance wise.
---
the world did end in 2012 it's just taking a bit to kick in.
PSN/steam jrr101
#26ImThe8thWonderPosted 9/29/2013 12:30:01 AM
Never heard of Game On and still don't understand how they prove that the XB1 controller is best for shooters from a technical standpoint. Other than the rumble triggers, the same benefits could be said about the new dualshock. It's just one of those things where unless we see most journalists claim that the XB1 controller is best for shooters, their opinion isn't going to prove much. Are only possible evidence would be first-hand experience.
---
All fanboys are equally terrible. Hypocrisy and double-standards are at every corner, nobody is a Saint.
#27lilj812Posted 9/29/2013 1:26:59 AM
BraxSimeon posted...
muffinmasher posted...
rusty12000 posted...

This.

mouse + keyboard = easiest sniping, but that doesn't necessarily mean "the best for FPS".
MOUSE = great for aiming
Keyboard = crappy 4/8-way digital movement. Maybe there's a Shift-toggle for running, but keyboard movement control is crud.

It comes down to what you thing "best" means. If it's "impossibly easy to snap aim", mouse has it all the way. If it's "serves as a fairly transparent input", then many, many people have managed to aim using everything from keyboards, joysticks, touchpads, and mice. It's all opinion, but personally I'd rather have analog movement and analog aiming. I hate tap-walking.

Any good shooter will tell you that keyboard movement is better. You want to move in the straightest line possible when jumping cover to cover.

And don't give me that zig zag non sense. You only need to zig zag when you're getting shot at and you're out in the open.
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
#28Bikes-Posted 9/29/2013 5:01:03 AM
Thewinner14 posted...
muffinmasher posted...
rusty12000 posted...

This.

the steambox will settle this debate as SB users will be playing against PC users in the same servers. I mean, it's possible now, but if the SB has any momentum and the dudebros start playing CoD on that with a controller (take your pick) against PC gamers with kb/m.....oh boy...

The steambox's official controller uses trackpads in an attempt to make the precision more like a mouse's.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#29Thewinner14Posted 9/29/2013 5:48:44 AM
Bikes- posted...
Thewinner14 posted...
muffinmasher posted...
rusty12000 posted...

This.

The steambox's official controller uses trackpads in an attempt to make the precision more like a mouse's.

I know, it tries to bridge the precision gap. It still wont be equal to kb/m. and since it's a pc people will be free to use any controller they want, so not everyone will be using the steam controller
---
3DS FC: 3496-9988-4201
AC:NL dream code: 4000-2184-5956