Microsoft should focus more on games rather than social media or entertainment.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Microsoft should focus more on games rather than social media or entertainment.
3 years ago#1
Xbox Fitness? TV? Bing?.

When i buy a gaming console, i do it so i can play games, why would i want to watch TV on an Xbox if i already have Sky (With HBO included)? Why would i want to use the Xbox for exercise if i can go to the gym or running? Why would i want to use Bing if Google exists?.

How about if they actually release more or better games, or more variety of games at least, like Nintendo or Sony, even Valve?.
PSN/Steam = retrohunter95.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS4HQWWuqP8&feature=youtu.be
3 years ago#2
Their current launch lineup, their indie program and their 300k servers seems like they're focusing on games quite a lot. After the reveal, they've basically been focused on games at conventions and the 'casual' stuff is just lightly touched upon.
Gamer Tag: MANNKILLER83
Proud Supporter of The Wonderbolts
3 years ago#3
If you're concern is STRICTLY gaming, then there's a console for you. Here a hint. It isn't X1. I would HOPE that there's a growing market of people who wanna do more than just play games. They may wanna branch out into doing other things.
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!
3 years ago#4
Well the TV stuff is a new innovation, you need to let people know about it.
Man of Steel - 26.06.13
"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards"
3 years ago#5
looks like they're focusing on everything.

Sony is the one that forgot to bring the games. Knack & Killzone? yay?

they spent all of e3 talking about their movie and music studios......while Microsoft smacked u w/ a bunch of exclusive launch titles.....TitanFall.....AND a Halo announcement
3 years ago#6
EastCoastKody posted...

they spent all of e3 talking about their movie and music studios......while Microsoft smacked u w/ a bunch of exclusive launch titles.....TitanFall.....AND a Halo announcement

To be fair the good exclusives MS talked about will not be out at launch, and to me personally games like titianfall and project spark I will play on pc even if I have an x1.
XDAO Romans
3 years ago#7
EastCoastKody posted...

Yea Titanfall that will look and run better on my PC and a halo game that we have no idea if it's in development, you xbotx sure talk allot of crap.
3 years ago#8
I agree with TC. My game console should be able to do absolutely nothing that I don't want it to do. I won't buy a game console that has sports games because I'll never play them. Why would I want to pay more for hardware just so it can support sports games? They should take out the sports GPU and put in a second FPS GPU, imo.
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
3 years ago#9
Foxx3k posted...
I agree with TC. My game console should be able to do absolutely nothing that I don't want it to do. I won't buy a game console that has sports games because I'll never play them. Why would I want to pay more for hardware just so it can support sports games? They should take out the sports GPU and put in a second FPS GPU, imo.

sports GPU LOL.
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!
3 years ago#10
L96A1BOSS posted...
EastCoastKody posted...

Yea Titanfall that will look and run better on my PC and a halo game that we have no idea if it's in development, you xbotx sure talk allot of crap.

Considering there are pretty specific details on the Halo game and a trailer, simple logic says it is in development.
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Microsoft should focus more on games rather than social media or entertainment.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived