Honestly Cloud will make this be above gaming PCs for a while.

#1LostVoyagerPosted 9/28/2013 11:39:52 AM
With hardware rendering you are stuck with limited resources but with servers to upload the computational load and rendering to...

You can have graphics beyond your dreams.

Not saying Xbox One will be better than everything but most PCs and the PS4 can not compete. I heard Stambox is using cloud to though so that is a graphic rival.
#2blax34dmPosted 9/28/2013 11:45:28 AM
Sigh
#3XBOXvsPCPosted 9/28/2013 11:46:25 AM
I'm curious to see how this is gonna work on improving graphics. It may be just PR talk.
Let's wait and see.
#4catzrul2002Posted 9/28/2013 11:47:36 AM
I'm gonna give the benefit of the doubt and say yes, the 'cloud' can process better graphics through the use of the internet.

But the problem is...

The internet in most of the world cannot handle what the 'cloud' supposedly does, it is already bottlenecked.
---
Fingers crossed for Sony to enable PSN name change!!
#5sworderPosted 9/28/2013 11:51:18 AM
lol PCs have had the Cloud for years
#6Dev0311Posted 9/28/2013 11:54:27 AM
LostVoyager posted...
With hardware rendering you are stuck with limited resources but with servers to upload the computational load and rendering to...

You can have graphics beyond your dreams.

But I dreamt about Ryse in 1080p/60fps with 150k poly characters. Crytek dreamt about that too.
#7o0stoneduk0oPosted 9/28/2013 11:57:17 AM
Where did you get your time machine from?
---
I don't smoke dope, I don't drink bourbon, all I want to do is shake my turban.
#8coltsfan4ever31Posted 9/28/2013 12:00:57 PM
You have to give it up to Microsoft's pr when it came to the cloud bs. It's completely stuck in the mindset of the clueless. Great job Microsoft. You guys get an A+ for the "cloud" talk. ;)
---
---"If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score?"-Vince Lombardi
#9AIIisonPosted 9/28/2013 12:07:15 PM
Agreed, I am glad one company is finally thinking progressively. I feel as if Sony is a backwoods hillbilly christian in comparison to a suave New York gentleman.

Everyone accuses those supporting moving forward as being shills even though if we were paid by Microsoft we would type longer and more elegant responses to the mindless hate coming from those stuck in the past.
Face it, the day of the PC is coming to an end... Piracy and the enabling devices to use outside power (ALA Cloud processing) is the dagger in the PC's last heart as far as king of gaming.

PCs will still be used for like facebook and **** though.
#10sworderPosted 9/28/2013 12:11:46 PM
AIIison posted...
Agreed, I am glad one company is finally thinking progressively. I feel as if Sony is a backwoods hillbilly christian in comparison to a suave New York gentleman.

Everyone accuses those supporting moving forward as being shills even though if we were paid by Microsoft we would type longer and more elegant responses to the mindless hate coming from those stuck in the past.
Face it, the day of the PC is coming to an end... Piracy and the enabling devices to use outside power (ALA Cloud processing) is the dagger in the PC's last heart as far as king of gaming.

PCs will still be used for like facebook and **** though.

The Cloud is not the future. Streaming technology is the future. The cloud does garbage processes to help out the hardware you already own. Gaikai processes everything and can be streamed to literally any device.

Guess who implemented streaming first, and who proceeded to immediately copy them?

Nice try bro