Another PROJECT SPARK Recap, Terrain Tint, 2D Side-scrolling, Loot, & more.

#1zerooo0Posted 9/28/2013 11:36:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCx1CUu3BdE

Highlights

-Deep into Brains Editing
-Someone made an Inventory system like the Zelda games
-You can program the brains to make the enemies drop LOOT/You can find loot in the games you make.
-2D Side-scrolling with Metroid, Sonic, & Mario like features./How to make a 2D Side-scroller.
-Terrain Tint(Like you can edit the ground from say a woodland texture to more like a Blood color) Potential for horror games.
-Weather effects like blowing of the Snow
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some of the bigger highlights of the video to me, he goes into better detail but it's for people who can't watch the video right now. I wonder if we will be able to make some Megaman like levels with the 2D features?

Seriosly I wouldn't even mind if the X1 goes into a little drought with a game like Project Spark. I'm going to be making some Zelda like games maybe as big as OOT?(I think that's the right abbreviation)
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#2snowboard340Posted 9/28/2013 12:04:44 PM
Getting really hyped for this game. Can't wait until it comes out. More and more stuff for it being announced every week is just awesome.
#3zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2013 12:07:13 PM
snowboard340 posted...
Getting really hyped for this game. Can't wait until it comes out. More and more stuff for it being announced every week is just awesome.

Indeed, it's cheap & easy marketing for them by doing the live streams. It also gives this board something good to talk about lol. When this game comes out I'm going to try to make a Borderland/Megaman style 2D Side-scroller with LOTS of loot drops.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#4QuinnandGoblinPosted 9/28/2013 12:08:34 PM
Game does look pretty damn amazing, cant wait to give it a burl.
---
NinendoID- Grey-Armada .... psn- armada66 .... xbl- greyarmada....3ds-0345-0608-4393
#5XBOXvsPCPosted 9/28/2013 12:09:11 PM
Definitely gonna get it. I love the possibilities :)
#6snowboard340Posted 9/28/2013 12:09:26 PM
zerooo0 posted...
snowboard340 posted...

Indeed, it's cheap & easy marketing for them by doing the live streams. It also gives this board something good to talk about lol. When this game comes out I'm going to try to make a Borderland/Megaman style 2D Side-scroller with LOTS of loot drops.

I don't even know what I want to make yet. I'll probably start off simple with a 3d platformer to get used to how things work, but there are so many possibilities to go off that I'm not sure what I want to do after that.
#7zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2013 12:11:35 PM
snowboard340 posted...
zerooo0 posted...
snowboard340 posted...

I don't even know what I want to make yet. I'll probably start off simple with a 3d platformer to get used to how things work, but there are so many possibilities to go off that I'm not sure what I want to do after that.

I'm just sort of doodling ideas in my Universities & German classes right now, so I can have a general idea...(DO NOT TAKE GERMAN IN COLLEGE) I got me a couple of ideas that I'm going to try to make with the Level Linking & some recreations of my old favorite maps from Star Wars: Battlefront 2.
---
#8Evel138Posted 9/28/2013 12:16:23 PM
I'm more interested in this game than just about any of the others. Can't wait to play it.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Lucky Number
http://fav.me/d6gbf9y
#9zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2013 1:52:27 PM
Evel138 posted...
I'm more interested in this game than just about any of the others. Can't wait to play it.

Indeed, this will surely make up the time for the indies to come in 2014. Who knows maybe Project Spark could let some of us become indie developers someday through it?
---
#10BS_InfinitePosted 9/28/2013 2:15:49 PM
Adjusting weapon stats is something I'm excited to see. I think it will make RPG type games a lot more viable now
---
--
-