I had an epiphany today- Why am I so naive? why am I still buying into XBOX?

#1corcoran_chrisPosted 9/28/2013 12:57:38 PM
Guys as a supporter of both systems- someone who has both pre ordered after seeing the ryse photos and the direct feed forza vids it now finally makes sense.

My main gaming machine was the 360, 90% vs 10% ps3 over the past 7 years so logically the new Microsoft system was the first console on my radar, the one I was most excited for. I have the pre conceived notion that it would be best, they know what they are doing, they did things right last gen and up until now I still held onto that idea. Even after the policy fiasco and the rumors/bad news I still had faith- up until now.

It seems like all the rumors are starting to show some truth- every single game has changed for the worse that we have seen ( only the exclusives....) and zero gameplay from multi plat games. The fact that these titles looked awesome during the reveal and now look worse I feel really cheated.

Does anyone else here start to get the feeling that yes, Microsoft is starting to mess up? they had next gen in the bag and it as theirs to loose? I think the biggest thing was letting go of the idea that they were the "best" and not accepting PS4 as potentially better. yes, it feels like im turning my back on and old friend- but in reality that old friend lied, cheated, took advantage and tried to steal my money.
#2fretless58Posted 9/28/2013 1:02:10 PM
corcoran_chris posted...
Does anyone else here start to get the feeling that yes, Microsoft is starting to mess up?

...Starting? They've been messing up royally ever since this console was revealed.
---
http://fretless94.deviantart.com/
#3lilj812Posted 9/28/2013 1:03:39 PM
Is Microsoft STARTING to mess up? No, they messed up as soon as it was revealed. You were naive (self admittedly) to what was going on, but they started messing up from the beginning and it's snowballing hard.
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
#4corcoran_chris(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2013 1:05:02 PM
Well messing up can be viewed many ways

the fact that all I care about is the games- and Microsofts console played them and looked good while doing it is all I cared about. Now its failing even on that- with their own exclusive titles. where as PS4 seems to be getting constant improvements towards launch.
#5XBOXvsPCPosted 9/28/2013 1:05:24 PM
You should definitely not buy it - millions will
#6carryonifucanPosted 9/28/2013 1:07:06 PM
corcoran_chris posted...
Does anyone else here start to get the feeling that yes, Microsoft is starting to mess up?

I felt they messed up at the reveal and haven't really done anything positive since then. People say the 180's are because they listened to customers, but anyone with any sense knows that's not why they did it.

I've wanted so bad to like this system since I heard about it, but nothing MS is doing is making me feel that way. From the forced Kinect and the additional $100, to the games being rushed/unfinished. I really wish MS would have just waited and released when everything was actually ready.
#7lilj812Posted 9/28/2013 1:08:10 PM
XBOXvsPC posted...
You should definitely not buy it - millions will

Pre orders disagree with you.
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
#8SoulTrapperPosted 9/28/2013 1:34:55 PM
corcoran_chris posted...

Keep in mind that what we are currently getting is a boosted version of the xbox, what they originally revealed was even less capable.

Microsoft doesn't see the xbox one as a video game console, nut as a multimedia box.
Video games are still there, but they are not the only thing they're banking on anymore.

I feel they tried betting on too many horses and forgot that they need the gamers to get their console out there.
They took their fans for granted and assumed they'd stick around regardless, they misunderstood their market position and assumed Xbox fans would be like Apple fans and be okay with whatever they threw at them at whatever price.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#9Troll_DirectoryPosted 9/28/2013 1:43:47 PM
lilj812 posted...
Is Microsoft STARTING to mess up? No, they messed up as soon as it was revealed.

I agree with this part. The TC has this backwards. They screwed up in June. But, a couple weeks later they STARTED to reverse their stupid ass mistakes. And now, they've actually got their train back on the rails. Of all places for M$ to receive praise from some of the gaming press, TGS is the last place I would expect. They still have a ways to go, if they are going to get people to pick them over Sony. But they have done a lot since June, and still have several weeks to go. Years, if we're counting overall sales.
#10Aone1987Posted 9/28/2013 1:47:20 PM
Why hate Sony when there is no valid reason too?