The ryse downgrade is actually an upgrade.

#1knightimexPosted 9/28/2013 12:49:36 PM
You've all heard the saying, Less is more.

After a good level of study of this image:
http://cdn.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/RyseComparison2.jpg

I've come to the conclusion that the *new* images appeal to me more than the old.

The lion emblem on the knight the the right looks more natural and smooth giving the illusion of more detail.
The *old* build looks fake, and over the top, as if the developer tried too hard to make it look good, yet failed.

Old = Too sharp, takes away from everything as a whole.
New = Smooth, gives a more natural look.
---
Games I'm currently playing: Star Ocean 2 (Ps1), Legend of Zelda OoT (N64).
#2PorungaPosted 9/28/2013 12:51:29 PM
Sorry, I hate to burst your denial bubble, but it looks worse to me.. WAY worse. More than I thought it would.
#3RyuuHou25Posted 9/28/2013 12:54:36 PM
Confirmed TC needs glasses in every day life, as they obviously have some sort of vision problem where less sharp and detailed looks better.

You see everything in life and it's a bit blurry looking most likely. Get to an eye doctor. That's a vision problem.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A
#4AzaneAzerPosted 9/28/2013 12:56:11 PM
not sure if trolling, or just really really dedicated Xbot
#5True_FoeHammerPosted 9/28/2013 12:58:25 PM
So... worse graphics are... better?

Your argument isn't even based around with the worse graphics bringing a higher framerate or anything. Just that worse graphics... are better? All other things equal?

Have I entered the mother****ing Twilight Zone?
#6embrandedonePosted 9/28/2013 1:02:06 PM
Up is down, right is left...hold on to your hats, kids, cuz this is about to get wa~aa~acky!
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board
#7knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2013 1:05:27 PM(edited)
RyuuHou25 posted...
Confirmed TC needs glasses in every day life, as they obviously have some sort of vision problem where less sharp and detailed looks better.

You see everything in life and it's a bit blurry looking most likely. Get to an eye doctor. That's a vision problem.

When the game is in motion it's not going to make a damn bit of difference.

If the look of this image is to your disliking I suggest never playing on console ever, and stick strictly to pc,

You sir, have a hard life when it comes to gaming graphics.
For that, I pity you. Dearly.
---
#8Foxx3kPosted 9/28/2013 1:05:48 PM
You can chop those pictures up in any number of ways to prove any number of points.

I'd like for somebody to chop out the characters and tell me that the background looks better in the "before" picture.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#9knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2013 1:14:59 PM(edited)
There's more detail in the background in the new build.
Look how barren the background is in the old one.

Oh, but that's irreverent!
Look at his shoulder, it's missing 6,000 triangles!!
S***iest graphics Ev4r!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL
Look at the neck of the guy on the right in the old image.
He has an underdeveloped shadow.

It's not there in the new build.

You can also see extremely high levels of clipping in the old one as well.
I guess clipping = good graphics.
LMAO
---
#10dutch2099Posted 9/28/2013 1:09:50 PM
IMO, I dislike them both. The designers seem to have taken the Japanese route of character design where a more powerful graphical platform just means more detail for the sake of more detail. Square Enix' Final Fantasy games are the worst for this, ever since 8 the character designs have become more and more "fey". All ribbons, bells and straps. It takes away from the power of the character's core design. This armor in Ryse is too intricate, almost too fancy to believe that anyone would go to battle while garbed in this manner. Too much trim
---
To quote a famous philosopher, "it". That is all