Other than the trend on hating Ryse, is it actually a good game?

#1jim200Posted 9/28/2013 4:04:06 PM
I'm thinking of pre-ordering it as it's the only launch game I have interest in and I want a launch game to buy.

I'm not into mindless zombie games (Dead Rising 3) and that seems to be the only other good game coming out at launch.

Forza looks great but I'm not a racing fan.

I like action/adventure, RPG, and Simulation games best.

Should I go along with the pre-order, or is Ryse looking so bad so far it doesn't warrant a purchase?

Thanks.
---
PSN: Jemi200 ::: NNID: Jemi200 ::: 3DS FC: 5129-0276-3428 Name: Jemi
I Pre-Ordered an Xbox One and PS4 Within Hours of Each Other on June 10th, 2013
#2Pinoy441Posted 9/28/2013 4:07:26 PM
So far, Ryse seems like an attempt to steal the God of War crowd.

And copies are always inferior to the original. Along with the fact that they showed us the super easy qte's everywhere mode as a first impression.
---
*grabs popcorn*
#3MrImpatient35Posted 9/28/2013 4:07:28 PM
The main bashing I've seen about Ryse is about the QTE thing, which can EASILY be fixed by just playing on the harder difficulty...nightmare mode.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!
#4PorungaPosted 9/28/2013 4:14:11 PM
I haven't really seen enough from it to form a full opinion, but from what I HAVE seen it looks like a pretty shallow, repetitive, button mashing kind of game with some QTEs thrown in. It honestly doesn't look very fun. Although this may have changed, I haven't been keeping tabs on it very much so I could be wrong.
#5Foxx3kPosted 9/28/2013 8:36:33 PM
The combat system seems really shallow - and I'm talking about what leads up to the "QTEs."

But I like the way blocking works and I hear that it's brutally difficult... so I'm interested. I'll probably buy it because I feel obligated to buy an exclusive.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#6True_FoeHammerPosted 9/28/2013 8:38:32 PM
Foxx3k posted...
The combat system seems really shallow - and I'm talking about what leads up to the "QTEs."

But I like the way blocking works and I hear that it's brutally difficult... so I'm interested. I'll probably buy it because I feel obligated to buy an exclusive.

You're going to buy a piece of entertainment because you feel 'obligated?' Is Microsoft holding a gun to your face?
#7Foxx3kPosted 9/28/2013 8:40:45 PM
True_FoeHammer posted...
Foxx3k posted...

You're going to buy a piece of entertainment because you feel 'obligated?' Is Microsoft holding a gun to your face?

You're silly.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#8True_FoeHammerPosted 9/28/2013 8:41:37 PM
Foxx3k posted...
True_FoeHammer posted...
Foxx3k posted...

You're silly.

So is your reason for buying the game.
#9Foxx3kPosted 9/28/2013 8:42:45 PM
True_FoeHammer posted...
Foxx3k posted...
True_FoeHammer posted...
Foxx3k posted...

You're silly.

So is your reason for buying the game.

I'm sorry you feel that way.
---
#10SoulTrapperPosted 9/29/2013 2:22:58 AM
It doesn't really look like much of a game as much as a glorified tech demo.

It's very much on rails and there has been little to no news about the single player. Most things we hear about is the multiplayer, which leads me to believe the single player isn't much to look forward too.

The multiplayer looks rather monotonous as it's kill all enemies, defend X, destroy X etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UXhXZ4dk8s

It's a great setting, a decent looking game (although it's graphics have been downgraded now and there is no footage of what it looks like after the downgrade yet) and a very poor execution.
---
PSN: El_Coon