How are the console comparisons between XB1 and PS4 being accurately made...

#1TheBorderColliePosted 9/28/2013 5:03:46 PM
...when we don't even have full technical details that have been released yet by Sony?

I personally don't give a rip which machine has better specs; it's almost always the 'weaker' console that ends up being more successful anyway, proving that the public doesn't give a **** about specs in the end.

But I'm curious how all of these "factual" statements are being made by die-hard supporters....when the full data isn't even known.
---
Proud supporter of the PS4 and Xbox #1
FACT: If you have privacy concerns about Kinect 2.0, then you better not have a smartphone either.
#2LordcrabfoodPosted 9/28/2013 5:26:15 PM
Its just insecure children that have no life, they spend their time worshipping their precious corporate messiah. All these negative posts you see are just these sad individuals trying to convince themselves that the console they choose to play on, somehow makes them superior. We all know the truth about these trolls though, so in the end the only thing they accomplish is confirming what a sad and pathetic life it is that they lead.
#3True_FoeHammerPosted 9/28/2013 5:47:18 PM
The weakest console is also usually the cheapest. That's what drives sales, because it's a lower barrier for entry. So, with the PS4 being the cheapest (of the serious next-gen consoles), what do you guess will happen?
#4TigercmlPosted 9/28/2013 5:55:00 PM
Considering how many developers came out and said that the PS4 is stronger and has better hardware, I think that is proof enough that PS4 is the stronger system. But I'm sure most on this board will think that's all b.s.
#5TurtlePowahPosted 9/28/2013 6:05:30 PM
We know from the developers who are working on both consoles. They have been unhappy with the Xbox One.
#6TheBorderCollie(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2013 6:05:44 PM
True_FoeHammer posted...
The weakest console is also usually the cheapest. That's what drives sales, because it's a lower barrier for entry. So, with the PS4 being the cheapest (of the serious next-gen consoles), what do you guess will happen?

You also get more hardware for that price, though. Plus, you are assuming that the gap will always be there. The buying public overall ultimately cares most about software....that's what drives success.

Tigercml posted...
Considering how many developers came out and said that the PS4 is stronger and has better hardware, I think that is proof enough that PS4 is the stronger system. But I'm sure most on this board will think that's all b.s.

The reason why it's perceived as "B.S." (or at least with an air of skepticism) by many is that a lot of those devs have ties to Sony in some way. On the flip side, you also have many others claiming that they are essentially on-par with what they can do.

And like it or not, it is rather strange that Sony is so hesitant to reveal what the PS4 actually has under the hood in total.
---
FACT: If you have privacy concerns about Kinect 2.0, then you better not have a smartphone either.
#7TheBorderCollie(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2013 6:06:50 PM
TurtlePowah posted...
We know from the developers who are working on both consoles. They have been unhappy with the Xbox One.

... Not all of them. Many are quite impressed.

Again, why isn't Sony confirming all of this with hard facts??
---
#8SolisPosted 9/28/2013 8:03:31 PM
TheBorderCollie posted...
...when we don't even have full technical details that have been released yet by Sony?

I personally don't give a rip which machine has better specs; it's almost always the 'weaker' console that ends up being more successful anyway, proving that the public doesn't give a **** about specs in the end.

But I'm curious how all of these "factual" statements are being made by die-hard supporters....when the full data isn't even known.

Uhh, what? Sony announced long ago the actual GFLOPS of the GPU as well as the memory type and bandwidth. And did you even watch any of the presentations given by Mark Cerny? He gets about as damn detailed as you can possibly get in a technical analysis of the hardware.

You'd have to be extremely na´ve and fanatical to not realize where the source of this information is coming from.

TheBorderCollie posted...
Again, why isn't Sony confirming all of this with hard facts??

They did long ago. A better question is, why isn't Microsoft?
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#9Foxx3kPosted 9/28/2013 9:22:29 PM
But the PS4 is 50% more powerful because the complexities of hardware design are irrelevant it's fair to reduce it to a single metric of arbitrary 'power' so let's just stop now right?
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#10TheBorderCollie(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2013 10:50:06 PM
Uhh, what? Sony announced long ago the actual GFLOPS of the GPU as well as the memory type and bandwidth. And did you even watch any of the presentations given by Mark Cerny? He gets about as damn detailed as you can possibly get in a technical analysis of the hardware.

So you're saying that Sony has released the speed of the CPU and every single relevant tech spec of the PS4??
---