Pachter: Console Predictions

#1embrandedonePosted 9/29/2013 1:47:53 AM
http://www.examiner.com/article/ps4-to-outsell-xbox-one-at-launch-predicts-pachter

I honestly don't know how to feel about this. A known MS shill saying such things *Shivers*
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board
#2darkphiresagePosted 9/29/2013 1:59:06 AM
well it looks like the X1 is set to dominate.
---
"Dat b**** crazy."
"Ya, b****** be trippin." - every guy ever and his best friend at some point in life.
#3suzukimatsuiPosted 9/29/2013 2:09:27 AM
darkphiresage posted...
well it looks like the X1 is set to dominate.

Lol....
#4True_FoeHammerPosted 9/29/2013 2:34:25 AM
Well, wasn't this so ****ing brave of Pachter? A console with well over 1 million preorders alone selling more than one million by the end of the year? INSANITY!
#5LICKWIDPAlNPosted 9/29/2013 5:31:12 AM
embrandedone posted...
http://www.examiner.com/article/ps4-to-outsell-xbox-one-at-launch-predicts-pachter

I honestly don't know how to feel about this. A known MS shill saying such things *Shivers*

This. If the Pach himself says this then the XBone is ij a world of hurt.
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain
#6nb003_99Posted 9/29/2013 5:32:44 AM
#lolpachter
---
"DRM aside, all of Microsofts moves have been as intended."
- Hentaidoji
#7JusticeSwordPosted 9/29/2013 5:36:11 AM
True_FoeHammer posted...
Well, wasn't this so ****ing brave of Pachter? A console with well over 1 million preorders alone selling more than one million by the end of the year? INSANITY!

Gamestop has over a million ps4 pre orders, who knows what the global results are, & also other retailers like amazon?
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#8TheM00dPosted 9/29/2013 5:51:36 AM
Pachter is an idiot. He's not predicting anything, he's just stating what the numbers already tell us. Can't believe that people still listen to him.
---
GT- CCCC0MB0BREAKER
Good example. I'm sure terrorists go around saying "terrorist" all the time where they live, let alone have kinects. - TBONE_OG
#9mrshowtime333Posted 9/29/2013 6:02:05 AM
The moron doesnt know the Dec.31st date on Amazon is a placeholder for the standard editions.
#10OkayPlayer1Posted 9/29/2013 10:12:36 AM(edited)
That was the worst analysis I've ever seen. His predictions are based solely off two things. Jack Tretton told him that they have over a million preorders with more units beyond that, and Xbox One is sold out on Amazon when he checked but still showing delivery by Dec 31. That's it?!? The only accurate thing stated is that both consoles will sell everything they produce, so the only thing that matters when it comes to sales predictions is the supply chain of either company and which console production has the highest yield.

It was recently reported that Xbox One worldwide shipment numbers for fourth quarter (ending March 2014) dropped from 7 million to 6.2 million so Xbox will have produced that much worldwide at least by then. If you extrapolate Tretton's statement to assume that with 1 million preorders and a large support beyond that, 3 million by the end of the calendar year and another 3-4 million by the end of the March 2014 is feasible and puts both the consoles within a couple hundred thousand units of one another. You won't see any real separation between the two until Christmas 2014.