Pachter: Console Predictions

#11mike468Posted 9/29/2013 10:28:08 AM(edited)
He doesn't know ****. He was saying the Xbox One would do better back in March:

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a464716/new-xbox-to-win-against-playstation-4-says-analyst-michael-pachter.html

Bigger 180 than MS.

Even if he does turn out to be correct and those numbers are pretty accurate, 1/2 a million units is no big deal. After all the fanboys on both systems get their fix for launch day, its going to start coming down to who has the better games and the more hyped games in the media to convince the more casual gamers.

Even if MS trails Sony, I could easily see MS keeping pace with them through out 2014 and then take the lead with holiday 2104 and Halo 5. Probably the 3rd biggest selling franchise besides GTA and COD, and the top selling console exclusive franchise between either MS or Sony. It will move units.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#12fretless58Posted 9/29/2013 10:29:10 AM
mike468 posted...
Even if MS trails Sony, I could easily see MS keeping pace with them through out 2014 and then take the lead with holiday 2104 and Halo 5. Probably the 3rd biggest selling franchise besides GTA and COD, and the top selling console exclusive franchise between either MS or Sony. It will move units.

Wow, no Halo on Xbone until 2104? Man, I knew it would be bad, but that's ridiculous.
---
http://fretless94.deviantart.com/
#13HiddenRoarPosted 9/29/2013 6:23:59 PM
I'm amazed Patcher isn't out of a job and on the streets, starving, right now.
#14zephirrainesPosted 9/29/2013 6:27:36 PM
If preorders meant something then the vita wouldnt be such a failure. Truth is that at launch both systems will sell out and whoever supplies more will win the short run. Its a marathon not a one month sprint.
#15coltsfan4ever31Posted 9/29/2013 6:29:37 PM
I seriously didn't know this. Thanks TC for posting the most awesome news I have read in a long time. I'm sure Sony is ecstatic to hear Pachter's prediction.
---
---"If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score?"-Vince Lombardi
#16Troll_DirectoryPosted 9/29/2013 11:38:35 PM
TheM00d posted...
Pachter is an idiot. He's not predicting anything, he's just stating what the numbers already tell us. Can't believe that people still listen to him.

The funny thing is, you just accidentally described exactly what his job is and why he gets paid so much. He's always said he gets paid to explain numbers to investors, not make predictions.
#17NeoMonkPosted 9/29/2013 11:42:08 PM
I can't listen to this guy or take him seriously at all anymore, once you hear his BS it's just laughable

First he said MS would outsell Sonys console 3 to 1
Then he said the PS4 would outsell the XB1 by %40
Then it was %33
Now it's %25

He has been saying the DS is dead for 2 years... Meanwhile... SALES... yep

He said the WII U would turn around
Then that it wouldnt
then that nintendo was dead
then it wasn't

This guy has done more 180s than Microsoft, badumdum!
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#18TheM00dPosted 9/30/2013 12:45:50 AM
Troll_Directory posted...
TheM00d posted...
Pachter is an idiot. He's not predicting anything, he's just stating what the numbers already tell us. Can't believe that people still listen to him.

The funny thing is, you just accidentally described exactly what his job is and why he gets paid so much. He's always said he gets paid to explain numbers to investors, not make predictions.

I want his job then. People should pay me to tell them things that they can easily read for themselves.
---
GT- CCCC0MB0BREAKER
Good example. I'm sure terrorists go around saying "terrorist" all the time where they live, let alone have kinects. - TBONE_OG
#19VonTrillerPosted 9/30/2013 1:17:27 AM
OkayPlayer1 posted...
That was the worst analysis I've ever seen. His predictions are based solely off two things. Jack Tretton told him that they have over a million preorders with more units beyond that, and Xbox One is sold out on Amazon when he checked but still showing delivery by Dec 31. That's it?!? The only accurate thing stated is that both consoles will sell everything they produce, so the only thing that matters when it comes to sales predictions is the supply chain of either company and which console production has the highest yield.

It was recently reported that Xbox One worldwide shipment numbers for fourth quarter (ending March 2014) dropped from 7 million to 6.2 million so Xbox will have produced that much worldwide at least by then. If you extrapolate Tretton's statement to assume that with 1 million preorders and a large support beyond that, 3 million by the end of the calendar year and another 3-4 million by the end of the March 2014 is feasible and puts both the consoles within a couple hundred thousand units of one another. You won't see any real separation between the two until Christmas 2014.

Clown really thinks Xbone will sell 7mm by March.

Smh, get to ass, son.
---
Remaster. Sexy Remaster.
#20Troll_DirectoryPosted 9/30/2013 2:07:13 AM
TheM00d posted...
Troll_Directory posted...
TheM00d posted...

I want his job then. People should pay me to tell them things that they can easily read for themselves.

You can have that job. All you need to do, is to find several wealthy investors who have absolutely no extra time to read these things for themselves. Pachter doesn't even get paid to do his show on GT. He just does it for the fun, and probably somewhat for the exposure.