Anybody else wish they had kept the 360's rotating D-Pad design?

#1DarkReign2022Posted 9/29/2013 5:31:13 AM
Honestly, all of the praise I've seen and heard for the new controller, this is really the only complaint I have about it. A lot of other people hated the original 360 D-Pad, understandably, but the rotating pad addressed this issue perfectly and left the 8-directional input intact. How am I supposed to play 3D fighting games like Dead or Alive 6, Tekken 7, and Soul Calibur with 360 degree input combos when the new D-Pad only goes in 4 directions? Analog sticks simply aren't comfortable and are too unwieldy for the precise nature of a fighter.
#2TurtlePowahPosted 9/29/2013 6:37:57 AM
It's the opposite 360 moves are WAY easier to do on a 4 D pad buttons. If it really bothers you though buy a Arcade Joystick.
#3don_bananaPosted 9/29/2013 7:56:23 PM
Clearly tc doesn't remember or wasn't born before we had analogue sticks as standard on our control pads
---
PSN: donbanana
XBOX 360 : Don Banana
#4RollnThunder213Posted 9/29/2013 9:01:23 PM
I think this dpad solves all the problems.

For those that hated the disc, it's 4 directional with no chance of hitting in between and the wrong direction.

For those that either liked the disc or found it useful in some situations, it's slightly recessed in a bowl like cut out. So rolling around from one to the other still won't be all that difficult.
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213