I don't know why everyone thinks the XBox One will be in short supply

#1SaxonPosted 9/29/2013 5:16:44 AM(edited)
Maybe you haven't noticed, but the new normal for a console launch is the Wii-U launch in which there were more than enough to go around because almost nobody bought it. Why is that you ask? Well, I'll tell you... it was the economy and the great recession preventing it from becoming a breakout success right away like the Wii, the 360 and PS3 before it that launched before the economic meltdown.

I see the Xbox One and PS4 having a tough holiday season as most gamers have no choice but to stick with current gen hardware.
#2whitelytningPosted 9/29/2013 5:21:34 AM
CNN just reported that the recession is over.

No I'm kidding, its been over for about three years now.
---
http://i.imgur.com/iZdWIKJ.jpg
#3Saxon(Topic Creator)Posted 9/29/2013 5:25:46 AM
I bet some pre-orders won't even be picked up at Gamestop because they can't come up with enough trade ins to make a deal happen.

Xbox 360 trade in would get 'em something like 50 bucks, same goes for the PS3...that's a far cry from from 400-500 bucks they need.

#4SunDevil77Posted 9/29/2013 5:34:37 AM
The entertainment industry is doing better and better every year.
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#5DisgaeaNutPosted 9/29/2013 5:45:59 AM
Xbox One pre-orders are selling out because it is a limited "Day One" edition with a special controller and special achievement bundled with the console. It will have some value added beyond release whereas the other consoles will not.

People are also banking on it being worth some money to resell. The PS3 was initially hard to pre-order and get a hold of for a few weeks and then you could find them everywhere because it wasn't in demand and the price was too high.

The Xbone won't be that hard to find because you will have a lot of returns once people see there is no market for price jacking at the holidays.
#6DarkHieiPosted 9/29/2013 6:02:50 AM
Please. Recession. Are you serious? People are spending more money than ever. Just look at the preorder numbers people are throwing around. If anything, people out there who are still struggling are those cannot budget their money properly. If you've heard of Dave Ramsey then you should know there are families out there that live off of less than $40,000 income with multiple mouths to feed, and have their cars and house completely paid off. Yeah you have to live extremely carefully. But it's possible. So you can't really say there's a recession which ended a while back. The housing market is on the rise too.
Not that there aren't people out there struggling with money, but it's hardly an excuse for people not buying consoles. And the Wii U I believe also suffered shortage because they struggled with producing that handheld screen unit.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12
#7chrish909Posted 9/29/2013 6:38:44 AM
I can see mass ps4 preorders being canceled. Im sure people preordered it thinking they would release games or announce some. When nov 15 comes around, people will begin to realize they are dropping 400 on killzone and forced psn. Fyi killzone is not a system seller, never has been,
---
Sony promised 30 first year exclusives for ps4 first year. Too bad they are mostly indy titles.
#8BigAl519Posted 9/29/2013 7:09:25 AM
chrish909 posted...
I can see mass ps4 preorders being canceled. Im sure people preordered it thinking they would release games or announce some. When nov 15 comes around, people will begin to realize they are dropping 400 on killzone and forced psn. Fyi killzone is not a system seller, never has been,

lol you are funny! I suppose you consider the overdone zombie series DR to be a system seller do you? I mean, the last one was just such a hit with the mediocre sales and 6-7/10 reviews!

Or maybe we could talk about Killer Instict! The unfinished free to play arcade fighter. Or is that pay to win? Can't tell anymore with all these cheap nostalgia cash-ins.

Or how about Crimson Dragoon. Sure back in the 80's and some of the 90's those on rail shooters were fun, such as Time Crisis, but people don't care about them anymore, not to mention when Kinect is thrown into the mix.

Maybe RYSE is your system seller? HA I couldn't keep a straight face with that one. A QTE game that offers nothing and even had to cut its graphics just to run properly.

So really the Xbone has nothing going for it. Third party games will look and play better on the PS4 as its more powerful and easy to develop for. The $500 price tag with the forced Kinect and everything behind a paywall. And then there is MS's reputation for faulty hardware.

So really, what DOES the Xbone have going for it? Dedicated servers? That's a very minor thing that means nothing to anyone besides the hardcore FPS crowd. "Cloud"? Again, something 90% of the user base doesn't care about or even understand. So really, what major selling points does the Xbone have that appeals to the masses? Can anyone truthfully answer this question?
---
90% DVR 10% Gaming all thrown into one!
#9Hucast9Posted 9/29/2013 7:15:05 AM
Xbox One will be in supply because 2 consoles are launching this year. If the Xbox One was the only console launching this year, then it would be in short supply.

The Wii U is a console that uses a strange tablet controller as its main gimmick. I don't think it's a great idea to compare Wii U sales to either the PS4 or the Xbox One. In my opinion, not very many people want the Wii, whereas many people do want the PS4 and Xbox One. Why? It's because of that damn tablet controller and how weak it is compared to PS4 and Xbox One when it ccomes to graphics.
#10LovecraftiangodPosted 9/29/2013 7:21:32 AM
The reason the Wii u did bad was it had no games at launch wasn't that great of an upgrade from the Wii. The Xbox 1 is the same and after launch the Xbox 1 has far fewer exclusive titles coming out than the ps4. The Xbox will not be hard to find because not a lot of people want it compared to ps4
---
PSN kolobos212 The time has come when the normal revolt against time,space, and matter H.P. Lovecraft