Battlefield 4 runs at a lower resolution than the PS4 version on Xbox One

#131YeomanlyPosted 10/10/2013 9:36:57 AM
The most recent interview from a DICE dev on a european site.

- Both consoles are easy to develop for, does not understand internet saying one is hard
- PS4 is not as powerful as the paper specs being thrown around
- Both versions are nearly identical
- 1 console may pull ahead in a few years due to optmisation not power
- XBO has the best personalisation to free up the CPU
- Will be buying a PS4 as it is released in his country at launch

Falls in line with what we have heard from real sources so far, anonymous sources don't count. :D
#132Phange 2Posted 10/10/2013 10:24:32 AM
Fall in line with what a company being paid for exclusivity contracts by Microsoft would say.
---
Bacon.
Playstation Network: Phange
#133sworderPosted 10/10/2013 10:32:45 AM
Yeomanly posted...

Yeomanly posted...

If your source is the ene3 magazine, neither of these things were said. Nice job at twisting facts.

He said that the Xbone hardware is more personalized so it takes LONGER to optimize, not that it frees up the CPU.

"The console from Microsoft is the one that is more personalized and requires a greater initial period of habituation, but in our case, and specifically with our engine has become easier to achieve good levels of optimization."

The stuff about PS4 wasn't even mentioned, you blatantly made it up.

Unless you are talking about a different source, which you will have to provide a link for
#134Ramsus082Posted 10/10/2013 10:38:39 AM
What's the spin for the Xbox being harder to develop for and it's "personalization" issues that requires more time spent optmizing?

"It's customized"

I love PR.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#135Phange 2Posted 10/10/2013 10:39:14 AM
Whelp.
---
Bacon.
Playstation Network: Phange
#136MetroidFan9999Posted 10/10/2013 10:52:20 AM
sworder posted...
Yeomanly posted...

Yeomanly posted...

If your source is the ene3 magazine, neither of these things were said. Nice job at twisting facts.

He said that the Xbone hardware is more personalized so it takes LONGER to optimize, not that it frees up the CPU.

"The console from Microsoft is the one that is more personalized and requires a greater initial period of habituation, but in our case, and specifically with our engine has become easier to achieve good levels of optimization."

Unless you are talking about a different source, which you will have to provide a link for

Ouch.
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#137Exodus_PrimePosted 10/10/2013 10:55:18 AM
My washer and dryer are better than yours because it heats up my clothes 2.5 minutes faster than any washer and dryer you guys have :-P
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#138khardboredPosted 10/10/2013 11:45:23 AM
sworder posted...
Yeomanly posted...

Yeomanly posted...

I had mentioned this same article up a few posts and as a big of an Xbox One fan I am, you're right. Unless that part was sourced elsewhere, he made it up.
---
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
#139assassin10133Posted 10/10/2013 12:20:01 PM
MRL3G3ND posted...
really tired of people making excuses...

last gen xbox 360 debuted and ushered in the HD console generation... later they gave up the requirement that all games had to be at least 720p, in order to increase framerate...understandable...they were working with 512mb of RAM...

here we are 8 years later and they can't do any better with 16x the RAM and capabilities?

Yeah I'll wait until they get their ish together before I drop a half a grand on this unfinished bullcrap

I'll be playing BF4 & Watchdogs on PC...which I hope will hold me over until there is an actual reason to buy these half assed consoles...

You will never find me arguing that PC isn't the best option for gaming period as long as price isn't an issue, I just think the power difference between the PS4 and XB1 isn't big enough that we'll see much of a difference if any in 2-3 years.
#140Shacky_101Posted 10/10/2013 12:35:57 PM
FusionC posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
FusionC posted...

I copied mine straight from the original gamespark article, I went straight to the source instead of getting it from a 3rd party. heres a link to the article so you can get your own translation

http://www.gamespark.jp/article/2013/09/29/43766.html

So AGAIN, they are BOTH going to be 720p.

Don't forget to add the reason why: the xbox version is holding back the ps4 version.

The ps4 version can already run higher than 720p at this point, they're still working on getting the xbox version to try and do the same.

This says all you need to know: the xbox is holding it back.

By buying an xbox, youre effectively holding back next gen.

Your blatant trolling aside, I dont sodding care why it is they are both running at 720p. The topic title is misleading and this thread needs to be closed. If you want to complain about the XB1 holding back the PS4 the PS4 board is that way <---------------------------------- feel free to go there and leave this board. I assure you, no one, myself included, will miss you.

Butthurt fanboy here!
---
To be or not to be, William Shakespeare sucks.