Battlefield 4 runs at a lower resolution than the PS4 version on Xbox One

#21sworderPosted 9/29/2013 10:03:34 AM
mrshowtime333 posted...
Please strive to be smarter people. We have know PS4 is 720p for over a month now.

No. PS4 runs at 900p
#22FusionCPosted 9/29/2013 10:07:42 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
FusionC posted...
Apparently the TC didnt READ...which doesnt surprise me BUT if he had he would have read this

Update** After a review of the product QA personnel of DICE booth, it was that the frame rate and resolution of the PS4 version product version and Xbox One that is aimed at the same. We modify the contents of the article to match.

So can we close this topic now since the title is wrong? They will both run at the same resolution and frame rate

I'll help you copy paste it, since you seem to be having some trouble with that:

After the review of the product, during a Q&A session with the personnel at the DICE booth, we learned that the developer aims to have the same frame rate and resolution for the Xbox One and PS4 retail versions. We modified the contents of the article to match. Final specifications are unknown until officially published by EA DICE.

Which means that currently, the ps4 version is capable of running at a resolution above 720p and they're trying to get the xbox version to do the same.

This only shows what people have been pointing out: the xbox is harder to develop for, has weaker harware and is currently plagued by bad drivers.

The last one can be fixed, the first two are permanent.

And this difference is there right from the start of the gen, which means it will most likely only get bigger, especially in exclusive games.

It also shows the issue we will be faced with next gen: games are being held back by the xbox one hardware.

I copied mine straight from the original gamespark article, I went straight to the source instead of getting it from a 3rd party. heres a link to the article so you can get your own translation

http://www.gamespark.jp/article/2013/09/29/43766.html

So AGAIN, they are BOTH going to be 720p.
---
For the Horde!!!!
#23SoulTrapperPosted 9/29/2013 10:19:50 AM
FusionC posted...

I copied mine straight from the original gamespark article, I went straight to the source instead of getting it from a 3rd party. heres a link to the article so you can get your own translation

Don't forget to add the reason why: the xbox version is holding back the ps4 version.

The ps4 version can already run higher than 720p at this point, they're still working on getting the xbox version to try and do the same.

This says all you need to know: the xbox is holding it back.

By buying an xbox, you're effectively holding back next gen.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#24FusionCPosted 9/29/2013 10:24:31 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
FusionC posted...

Don't forget to add the reason why: the xbox version is holding back the ps4 version.

The ps4 version can already run higher than 720p at this point, they're still working on getting the xbox version to try and do the same.

Your blatant trolling aside, I dont sodding care why it is they are both running at 720p. The topic title is misleading and this thread needs to be closed. If you want to complain about the XB1 holding back the PS4 the PS4 board is that way <---------------------------------- feel free to go there and leave this board. I assure you, no one, myself included, will miss you.
---
For the Horde!!!!
#25zephirrainesPosted 9/29/2013 10:32:04 AM
FusionC posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
FusionC posted...

Your blatant trolling aside, I dont sodding care why it is they are both running at 720p. The topic title is misleading and this thread needs to be closed. If you want to complain about the XB1 holding back the PS4 the PS4 board is that way <---------------------------------- feel free to go there and leave this board. I assure you, no one, myself included, will miss you.

Mods here only close topics that say anything negative about Sony.
#26SoulTrapperPosted 9/29/2013 10:32:53 AM
FusionC posted...

So you're just going to ignore the fact that the xbox version is holding back the ps4 version and call it "trolling"?

The topic title isn't misleading at all: the xbox version currently runs at a lower resolution than the ps4 version.

I'm not complaining, I'm simply stating facts.

Whether someone will miss me or not isn't exactly relevant, what is relevant is that people buying an xbox one will be responsible for holding back next gen multiplatform games (or at least this one).
---
#27straymatterPosted 9/29/2013 10:59:57 AM(edited)
It could be the other way around, this info was taken out of context from almost two months ago,
the real rumor is the X1 runs 1080/60fps while the PS4 is 720 upscaled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ViEj_SMmbU
#28SoulTrapperPosted 9/29/2013 10:41:10 AM
straymatter posted...
It could be the other way around, this info was taken out of context from almost two months ago,
the real rumor is the X1 runs 1080/60fps while the PS4 is 720 upscaled.

Can you read dates?

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/09/29/xbox-one-retail-version-of-battlefield-4-will-still-run-at-720p-60-fps-ea-representative-confirms/
---
#29zephirrainesPosted 9/29/2013 10:44:17 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
FusionC posted...

Where does it say the ps4 version is held back
Because of the xbox? Because we knew the ps4 was at 720 before we knew about the xbox.

Oh and give a link that says exactly that it was held back or you are full of it.
#30FusionCPosted 9/29/2013 10:48:18 AM
zephirraines posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
FusionC posted...

Where does it say the ps4 version is held back
Because of the xbox? Because we knew the ps4 was at 720 before we knew about the xbox.

Oh and give a link that says exactly that it was held back or you are full of it.

Just a heads up hes going to post this article that says while it was running at 720p at a show that in the "test environments" it was running at a higher resolution BUT they dont mention the FPS while running at that higher resolution.
---
For the Horde!!!!