Xbox One Stage Show Twitter Storm Kicks Off. Sexism, misogyny, and giveaways?

#11TheBionicRockPosted 9/29/2013 12:32:33 PM
mrshowtime333 posted...
Nobody on earth can honestly look at her and know shes a woman. "it" would have been what I went with.

Calling someone an "It" is never acceptable, it's a word that's used to refer to objects, not human beings. If you can't figure out someone's gender and you can't be bothered to ask then just go ahead and guess, unless they're overly sensitive they're not going to throw a fit over it and no reasonable person will look down on you for making such an innocent mistake.
#12sexbone(Topic Creator)Posted 9/29/2013 12:40:59 PM
"this person" instead of "it" is better
was the comedian so afraid n confused to the point called her it ?
still not a good way to communicate with people
---
sexbox one by micro&soft : always on, always connected, always watching, doesn't do any 180.voice command : sexbox turn on, sexbox watch AV, sexbox my home.
#13Foxx3kPosted 9/29/2013 12:41:52 PM
sexbone posted...

According to the article you posted, he did refer to her as 'this person."
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#14PorungaPosted 9/29/2013 12:42:14 PM
This person is transgender, so it is a little harder than simply looking or asking what they identify themselves as. But calling them "thing" or "it" is really not acceptable.. regardless of circumstances.
#15sexbone(Topic Creator)Posted 9/29/2013 12:47:50 PM
Foxx3k posted...
sexbone posted...

According to the article you posted, he did refer to her as 'this person."

oh sry
i forgot
---
sexbox one by micro&soft : always on, always connected, always watching, doesn't do any 180.voice command : sexbox turn on, sexbox watch AV, sexbox my home.
#16rj_91Posted 9/29/2013 1:21:18 PM
Oh god lmao, this just keeps getting better and better, Microsoft have made their console launch a complete shambles
---
Valar Morghulis
PSN: rjdabest
#17CapnStankyPosted 9/29/2013 1:22:37 PM
If you're going to dress like an idiot like that, you're going to get called "it". No evidence whatsoever the comedian referred to her as "it" because she was transgendered. But that won't stop the white knights from riding in on their pretty ponies to save her.
#18CapnStankyPosted 9/29/2013 1:24:57 PM
rj_91 posted...
Oh god lmao, this just keeps getting better and better, Microsoft have made their console launch a complete shambles

Only a moron would think this has anything to do with Microsoft or the Xbox brand. The gay and lesbian community rate companies for how friendly they are towards gays/lesbians. Microsoft's last rating was a 100/100. They're at the top. But dont let that stop you from saying idiotic things because of a stupid console war you're fighting in.
#19PorungaPosted 9/29/2013 1:32:14 PM
CapnStanky posted...
rj_91 posted...

Only a moron would think this has anything to do with Microsoft or the Xbox brand. The gay and lesbian community rate companies for how friendly they are towards gays/lesbians. Microsoft's last rating was a 100/100. They're at the top. But don't let that stop you from saying idiotic things because of a stupid console war you're fighting in.

This comedian was hired by microsoft, he was their representative during this event. His behavior is reflected on them. If a person goes out in public as a representative of their company (even if they were merely wearing their uniform off duty in public) and does something that upsets or offends people, that reflects poorly on the company and that person is likely in big trouble. I know people that have gotten fired for things like this.

This person did something insensitive and offensive while being a microsoft representative at a microsoft event. His behavior is on microsoft. And really.. I cannot believe you are such a microsoft fanboy that you would defend something like this. Microsoft apparently can do no wrong.. even by proxy.
#20coltsfan4ever31Posted 9/29/2013 2:05:27 PM
Wow,that's pretty messed up.I looked at the pic and actually thought she was a guy too. Seems like an honest mistake by the host that got out of hand very quickly.
---
---"If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score?"-Vince Lombardi