Where will Xbox one and playstation 4 be in 1 year?

#31aj4x94Posted 9/30/2013 8:44:46 AM
Playstation 4 will keep trucking on while Microsoft buries the remaining Xbox Ones next to the ET cartridges.

All joking aside, they'll both sell fine, but it's hard trying to imagine the One outselling the PS4 at this point.
---
Playing: Hotline Miami, System Shock 2, GTA V, Siren Blood Curse, ICO/Shadow of the Colossus, Splinter Cell Blacklist
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94
#32Hucast9Posted 9/30/2013 9:02:30 AM
By the end of 2014, the PS4 will be ahead ofthe Xbox One by as much as 50% more console sold. This is due to 3 reasons:

- The $100 price difference
- Two consoles are going to be released in November
- The general idea that you're getting better graphics for less money when you buy PS4

I may buy the Xbox One first, then PS4 a year later just because of the controller. Sony continues to use the same type of stick layout which I flat-out don't like. Yes, I will pay the $100 extra just to be able to use offset sticks.

Do not even bother coming in here stating that there are Xbox 360 controller clones out there for PS3. I have stated a million times that all the aftermarket controllers that I have tried have been garbage due to dead zones and stick sensitivity issues.
#33shanafanPosted 9/30/2013 9:28:33 AM
James_4ort posted...
EastCoastKody posted...
Xbox was the preferred console in America last gen.

Due to the controller and Xbox live. First Person Shooters have become what the masses want...and xbox is the lead platform for first person shooters

Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts, TitanFall, Destiny and Halo 5 say Xb1 will sell the most. In america at least

America has voted xbox out.. no one wants halo anymore. Titanfall is an EA game, so enjoy the "exclusive" while it lasts.

Only the blinded casuals will still buy Microsoft hardware.

America has voted Xbox out.. haha, is this like Family Feud?
---
XBL / PSN / Wii U : shanafan
3DS Friend Code: 4656 6931 2297
#34EastCoastKodyPosted 9/30/2013 9:35:43 AM
not sure how America has voted Microsoft out.

Since they sold twice what Sony did last gen, in America.

More ppl prefer the XB controller. More ppl are on XBL. More ppl in America bought 360 games over PS3 games.
#35shanafanPosted 9/30/2013 9:36:37 AM
EastCoastKody posted...

More ppl prefer the XB controller. More ppl are on XBL. More ppl in America bought 360 games over PS3 games.

Mic drop.
---
XBL / PSN / Wii U : shanafan
3DS Friend Code: 4656 6931 2297
#36SirLemontPosted 9/30/2013 10:13:10 AM
In a year's time, the PS4 WILL be leading the pack in sales. Not enough to completely bury the X1, but enough to where developers will take notice, and develop more content for that base.

The X1 will have a strong Christmas, but 2014 remains unknown. If there aren't any hardware failures and once developers get more familiar with the hardware, then we'll see better titles. And while Titanfall and Halo may move units, the X1 will NEVER catch up to the PS4 in sales. The PR they've done up to this point guarantees that. The system will sell well, but the question is will it sell well enough for investors to cease calling for its demise.

The Wii U is a wild card. By next year, it'll have the software to back up the hardware, and the price drop will sweeten the deal. But I can't help that there's some sort of bias against Nintendo. Analysts and game journalists are quick to paint a gloom-and-doom upon Nintendo, due to the Wii U's architecture being inferior, but if the worst-case scenario does happen with the X1, Nintendo will look all the wiser.
#37SORS_IMMANISPosted 9/30/2013 10:14:24 AM
EastCoastKody posted...
xb1 will be in lead

lol
#38GondolinRisesPosted 9/30/2013 10:29:59 AM
They will both be in my living room. Lol at xb1 trolls.
---
Can't keep a good man down. More Fe + C than you.
#39violentdissmayPosted 9/30/2013 10:44:00 AM
EastCoastKody posted...
Xbox was the preferred console in America last gen.

Due to the controller and Xbox live. First Person Shooters have become what the masses want...and xbox is the lead platform for first person shooters

Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts, TitanFall, Destiny and Halo 5 say Xb1 will sell the most. In america at least

Halo will help the X1, but the people Ive been talking to are far more in favor of PS4, it doesnt matter what country you live in, forced Kinect, forced online and drm are going to put people off.
And yes of course I realize that MS has changed policies, its still going to have an impact though
---
It's not good fences that make good neighbors. It's deceased neighbors that make good neighbors. - Rat
#40Lefty128kPosted 9/30/2013 12:11:06 PM
EastCoastKody posted...

And yet more Americans are preordering PS4.