"Xbox One Presenter Humiliated Me on Stage, Says Transgender Journalist"

#61HalecticPosted 9/30/2013 2:46:56 PM
People should actually learn about gender identity and sex (as well as biology) before commenting on such topics
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#62Ramsus082Posted 9/30/2013 2:56:40 PM
aiyobro posted...
What about the doctor that cut up her body and is pumping her full of cancer causing hormones.

Did he humiliate him/her?

No, those doctor's hopefully gave this citizen some comfort with their body, so that they can start to enjoy it and love themselves. The presenter humiliated her. Read the link
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#63Ramsus082Posted 9/30/2013 2:59:06 PM
aiyobro posted...
Look I don't hate transgender or other people for being offended, I'm just cautious about people that are close to me..

I feel like it's harder for people to point out certain things with out being labled a hater. It's like making an observation about your parents and them getting mad. It's like the same exact thing.

I think the issue might be that you point out your very valid and personal opinions in front of people who are offended by your perspective. That's not your problem, no, but it might be your fault.

It's like that rule, "if you have to ask somebody if they think you're racist.....you're probably racist".

I don't want to assume too much about you personally, I'm just making a point..
---
#64Ramsus082Posted 9/30/2013 3:01:39 PM
Nate_Dihldorff posted...
The people who cry Political Correctness are the biggest offenders. They make transgendered folk look bad by unintentionally giving them the stigma that being transgendered is a form of disability. Look at the amount of liberal jackheads in the NeoGAF thread. Makes me have a massive facepalm everytime I read a post saying that it's okay for them to pretend to be a sex they were not born as. Sorry, if you were born with two X (or an X and a Y) chromosomes throughout your body, then your sex associated with that is the sex that you are. No amount of fantasy or cancer-inducing hormone therapy will change that. People who support that kind of attitude is why the world is getting increasingly worse.

And there's my two cents.

I think there's plenty of good reasons to support the attitude that an adult can choose to live a life that they want to live, and that it's their choice to live that life, and my choice not to be an ass about it as if it affects my own life personally. I don't see much wrong with that attitude.
---
#65HalecticPosted 9/30/2013 3:07:29 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
Nate_Dihldorff posted...
The people who cry Political Correctness are the biggest offenders. They make transgendered folk look bad by unintentionally giving them the stigma that being transgendered is a form of disability. Look at the amount of liberal jackheads in the NeoGAF thread. Makes me have a massive facepalm everytime I read a post saying that it's okay for them to pretend to be a sex they were not born as. Sorry, if you were born with two X (or an X and a Y) chromosomes throughout your body, then your sex associated with that is the sex that you are. No amount of fantasy or cancer-inducing hormone therapy will change that. People who support that kind of attitude is why the world is getting increasingly worse.

And there's my two cents.

I think there's plenty of good reasons to support the attitude that an adult can choose to live a life that they want to live, and that it's their choice to live that life, and my choice not to be an ass about it as if it affects my own life personally. I don't see much wrong with that attitude.

XX and XY may determine physical sex, but someone's brain can be wired to be of the female gender, which can cause gender dysphoria with the outside not matching the inside.

Remember every human that exists on the planet originally was supposed to be a woman, it is why men have nipples.

There are also people born with a extra chromosome, such as XXY
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#66ZheakkPosted 9/30/2013 3:20:08 PM
Halectic posted...

Remember every human that exists on the planet originally was supposed to be a woman, it is why men have nipples.

This made me laugh a little bit. It is true that males and females develop the same for roughly the first six weeks of pregnancy, but that doesn't really equate at all to: men were "originally supposed to be women".
#67LUMEIIPosted 9/30/2013 3:31:06 PM
So we were all supposed to be hermaphrodites with breasts?
---
Lalalalalalalalalala, ooh
#68BadTopicIsBadPosted 9/30/2013 3:39:18 PM
Kooky_von_Koopa posted...
What a jerk.

Yea, shame on that journalist.
---
But I'm not saying which.
#69BadTopicIsBadPosted 9/30/2013 3:43:51 PM
Nate_Dihldorff posted...
TheApd_Returns posted...
Whether you are a liberal crybabby that thinks she's a she or a conservative crybabby that thinks he's a he, there's no reason to be an ass to someone just because they're transgender, period. Even if the story is fake.

We're not being an ass toward someone because they are transgender; we're ousting the truth in regards to a transgender that happens to be an ass.

And this seems to be the case every. Damn. Time

This so much!
---
But I'm not saying which.
#70NeoMonkPosted 9/30/2013 3:54:15 PM
Didn't the other thread already get shut down for offtopic what's going on here with this one?

It's fake, Kotaku got punk'd and she's mentally unstable move on with your fake outrage somewhere else.
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator