Does the next gen $100 difference matter?

#31IminyourclosetPosted 9/30/2013 7:35:23 AM(edited)
SithMasterDK posted...
Look at the rumors of BF4. Apparently they are gimping the PS4 version to make the Xbox Ones look on par with it. Why would developers so that unless Microsoft pays for that to happen? An on every game??

To be honest I wish they wouldn't do that. Why gimp a game, unless it's to make it run smoother. I will be happy with whatever graphics the 1 puts out. I have a couple games on my high end PC and 360. I prefer the 360 version most of the time (unless load times are painted into the picture.)

Maybe I wasn't clear. There is clearly going to be a difference in games except in EA games because EA are a money-grabbing cancer that don't care about the quality of the product, only the money, and will happily accept the ultimatum proposed by MS if it means more money.

In actual games (i.e one not intentionally gimped by their developers to make it seem like the X1 can match the PS4), there will be a clear difference.
---
"I think all you gotta do is find that little black kid, and doesn't that start the whole backdoor option?" -WHiTE_LickR
#32adonfrazPosted 9/30/2013 7:51:59 AM
It's a bigger deal because the X1 has worse specs and costs more.
---
XBL GT: Loyal Catalyst
PSN ID: Loyal_Catalyst 3DS FC: (Loyal) 0533-4535-6191
#33djrudenPosted 9/30/2013 8:33:31 AM
Costing 25% more than the competition while having inferior hardware specs will make a pretty big difference IMO.
#34Cowboy082288Posted 9/30/2013 8:43:59 AM
To answer the TCs question. How much the difference in price matters just depends on the individual. For example, for me the difference in price means almost nothing. I spend far more on my fishing hobby than I will on either of these consoles (I own a boat). A friend of mine has a sound system that's way more expensive than even the highest end PC.

For some though (mostly younger people) it will make a big difference. A college student working part time will probably care a lot more about that 100 dollars, than a middle class person in their 30s, 40s.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam - cowboyoni