I'm so glad I cancelled my Xbox One preorder a few days ago

#1ChrisObamaPosted 9/29/2013 9:00:11 PM
Normally I am a first day console buyer since the original Xbox days, but after having purchased the Wii U last December and feeling a little let down in how the industry refuses to support it, as well as the changing focus in this industry in how it is moving towards mobile gaming instead of home console gaming, I am starting to have a cautious approach to the console industry when it comes to buying brand new consoles. This is a feeling I've never had before and would buy consoles indiscriminately since the thought would never cross my mind that it would be a flop.

I will admit I was caught up in the hype for the Xbox One after made the drm changes, but with the trickle of information that has been released for these new consoles (PS4/Xbox One) and the subpar Xbox One launch title release, I feel Microsoft and the Xbone will end up leaving a lot of gamers disappointed come November, myself included if I bought one due to these new consoles not living up to the hype.

Recently realizing this, I ended up cancelling my second Xbox One preorder that I was able to manage to get after having cancelled my first Xbox One preorder a month prior and used the money that I had saved towards it on a 360 slim (my 3rd Microsoft console actually) instead since it has an already established library and more games are coming in the future. In the meantime, I will wait and watch to see if the Xbox will survive the coming year during its impending drought or if it will flounder just like the Wii U is currently doing due to a lack of interest and lack of sales; the same could happen for the PS4 too, but I am not interested in it so I could careless if it survives or not. Anways, no way am I getting burned again on my money like I did with my Wii U even if I do love Nintendo and the novelty of my Wii U despite barely playing it. If in a year, more games are released and this console looks to be successful in terms of sales, which I hope it does, then I will pick one up.

Anyways, I advise you guys to do the same. This new generation is totally up in the air whether it will be successful or not. People as a whole are just not interested in console gaming anymore except for us hardcore gamers. I just don't see console gaming lasting very long, which sucks as I've been gaming on a console since the Atari 2600/Colecovision days. :(
---
Not changing this sig until I get laid. 07/09/2013
#2SunDevil77Posted 9/29/2013 9:00:57 PM
Hmm.....alt, much?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/67362051
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#3RollnThunder213Posted 9/29/2013 9:01:50 PM
/blogfaqs
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213
#4Orange_ApplesPosted 9/29/2013 9:07:52 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Hmm.....alt, much?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/67362051

I've never seen a level 31 alt before, but this TC does only have 1 post, so it is probably this guy's main alt.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#5ChrisObama(Topic Creator)Posted 9/29/2013 9:10:59 PM
Im not trolling I'm just telling how it is. Im sure it is a great system but I just dont want to happen what happend to the wii u and that's bombing and having no games.I'll be sure to pick this up around the 2014 holidays
---
Not changing this sig until I get laid. 07/09/2013
#6motoraptorPosted 9/29/2013 9:11:37 PM
You're not buying the system on day one because you're uncertain how it will be received, that's fair.

But then you urge others not to buy it as well... well if no one bought it on day one then of course it will be received poorly. Flawed logic.

Early adopters are a part of every product's life cycle.
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#7Pcmonster87Posted 9/29/2013 9:27:53 PM
ChrisObama posted...
Im not trolling I'm just telling how it is. Im sure it is a great system but I just dont want to happen what happend to the wii u and that's bombing and having no games.I'll be sure to pick this up around the 2014 holidays

You're considering you wrote this in two different boards with alt accounts.
---
Verizon Wireless Employee, Android developer/tech support
If it's a smartphone... I use it, but not if it's an iPhone.
#8Neutron15Posted 9/29/2013 9:52:10 PM
its the same post on the ps4 board, lol
---
I WISH AGNI'S PHILOSOPHY BECOMES FINAL FANTASY XVI
#9grampamurkedPosted 9/29/2013 9:57:57 PM
I didn't make it past your name.
---
Xbox One on day one. Gonna miss my job, well not really.
#10teehee23Posted 9/29/2013 11:06:28 PM
ChrisObama posted...
.....Anyways, I advise you guys to do the same. .................as I've been gaming on a console since the Atari 2600/Colecovision days. :(

Oldguy, why would we take advice from you?
---
I don't deserve to be so happy. :)