X1 controller really is going to have to go some ways to beat the SaberTooth.

#1DEMONPANDA212Posted 9/29/2013 9:21:44 PM
I've always wanted one and I finally got to try one, seriously, they're awesome!

Considering the 360 pad has been so dominant for so long, something that I personally thought was a joy to use for 90% of the time (Only downsides are the D-Pad and the spongy buttons, both of which are significantly improved on the SaberTooth, which more than borrows design elements from the 360 pad) then the X1's 40 improvements, are REALLY going to have to be drastic to combat this, because honestly, this should be the new industry standard.

It adds 2 multi touch triggers that sit where your "flip the bird" fingers naturally sit, so you can just flick up or down, thus giving you 4 more commands. And because of the design, it's virtually impossible to accidentally catch them.

Then between the regular triggers and bumpers sit 2 more buttons, then there's another 2 to program the controllers' settings and extra buttons (which if this design became standard, then the buttons would come pre programmed) as well as the analogue's sensitivities to make them more or less responsive depending.

So Razer, have managed to put 8 more buttons on a pad without compromising anything and they've made it so that you can customise the sensitivity beyond that of the game, which usually, the game NEVER lets you aim fast enough, as well as touching up a lot of other things.

Going back to the new buttons, the 4 buttons (in the shape of 2 gun rack hooks turned 90 degrees) on the back of the pad can be used to do all the functions of the 4 face buttons, which means no more needing to take your thumb off the aiming analogue in order to reload, melee, open doors etc... Thus giving you quite the edge.

And as I say, if this became standard, then it could become like having extra keys when playing P.C games, where each button could be used for an extra feature, team talk buttons, specific weapon buttons instead of just bashing Y to cycle through your whole arsenal etc...

I can see me buying one for every console if they expand the range, for now, I'll be using it on P.C to compliment my other Razer gear (Bit of a fan as I use a Razer headset, mouse, mouse mat and keyboard) and on my 360 to give me an edge close to that of a mouse and keys setup.
---
3DS (XL) 4854-6425-2855
3DS (Zelda) 2320-6650-1378
#2mike468Posted 9/29/2013 9:52:36 PM
I personally like the new design on the XBO controller. The d-pad looks better.

I've also owned the Razer Onza (the Sabertooth's predecessor). I hated the coating and sharp edges on it. The buttons and stick tension where nice on it, but the tensions wear out fast. From what I read, the Sabertooth's stick tensions are done digitally, which I think is weird. It sounds like there no resistance in the sticks at all.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#3xninjagrrlPosted 9/30/2013 3:56:46 AM
Hows the longevity of that Razer product? Ive never had their products last much past the warranty. Im hoping theyve improved since last I tried em.
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.
#4Viper187666Posted 9/30/2013 10:06:45 AM
Yeah, I had an Onza. It only lasted me a couple months. The rubber on the left stick actually wore apart. The bare stick had nasty sharp edges and stick extensions wouldn't go on without the rubber. Then the controller quit working entirely to the point it wouldn't even power on when plugged in. I'm still considering trying the Sabertooth, but I'm concerned with the durability.

Am I the only one who thinks we should all be screaming at MS right now for a version of the XB1 controller that works on 360? They wouldn't give us backward compatibility. I say they should at least do this. After putting up with flaws in the 360 controllers (d-pad, slow turn, stick drift) for 8 years, we deserve access to the improved version.
#5Ph00pPosted 9/30/2013 11:45:20 PM
I had an Onza and the responsiveness of the triggers went wonky, the left trigger would respond to be depressed all the way, then only being pressed very hard. I ended up taking it apart and tooling around with it, unscrewing a screw that held tension of the part that held the button to the circuit board fixed it 100% until it stopped working, so I got in contact with Razer, they told me cut the chord take a pic, so I did they sent me a replacement one, low and behold, same story with the replacement one, interestingly enough I noticed black masking tape on the inside part of the triggers(the part that presses up against the controller) I figured it was their ghetto fix for their problems, but nope never did fix that issue!

I wanted a SaberTooth despite all that hassle, because I liked the idea of the extra buttons, I loved the Onza extra buttons made Fallout 3 and F NV way more fluid.
#6a_riot04Posted 10/1/2013 12:49:59 AM
TC, I'd love to hear from you re: your sabertooth after 6 months.
#7Pixx0Posted 10/1/2013 10:49:52 PM
a_riot04 posted...

I have two of those for my PC, been past way that. They still work flawlessly. Best 360 pad variant I ever used.
---
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#8NerdimusPrimePosted 10/1/2013 10:53:16 PM
a_riot04 posted...

And I'd love to hear from someone who uses the Xbox one controller after a similar time period. If they are made anything like the 360 controllers, the analogs will have some walk by then and will not stay centered after 1 year. MS has piss poor quality control when it comes to hardware manufacturing.
---
Troll logic: say something utterly moronic and when someone takes the time to point out your stupidity, you win!
#9DeimirPosted 10/2/2013 2:55:04 AM
The Onza is my favorite controller of all time. I just wish they would last longer than three months. I've had three of them fail on me to various degrees, am currently using a fourth, and have a fifth one sitting still in box for when this one goes out, since I'm pretty sure Razer discontinued them.

Anyone who says Microsoft has crappy quality control has clearly never tried Razer products. In addition to the aforementioned controllers I've also had two of their mice fail on me, unsurprisingly both in the same manner (cord failing, causing the mouse to lose connection to the PC) despite getting them 6+ years apart.

I do have a Razer keyboard that still works, though I stopped using it a couple months back in favor of a Logitech G710+ keyboard because the Razer Black Widow was too loud.
---
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f2b_1371011276
#10NerdimusPrimePosted 10/2/2013 9:23:27 AM
Deimir posted...
The Onza is my favorite controller of all time. I just wish they would last longer than three months. I've had three of them fail on me to various degrees, am currently using a fourth, and have a fifth one sitting still in box for when this one goes out, since I'm pretty sure Razer discontinued them.

Anyone who says Microsoft has crappy quality control has clearly never tried Razer products. In addition to the aforementioned controllers I've also had two of their mice fail on me, unsurprisingly both in the same manner (cord failing, causing the mouse to lose connection to the PC) despite getting them 6+ years apart.

I do have a Razer keyboard that still works, though I stopped using it a couple months back in favor of a Logitech G710+ keyboard because the Razer Black Widow was too loud.

Saying some 3rd party has worse manufacturing practices isn't a defense.. " I know MS devices suck, but Razer is worse!"
---
Troll logic: say something utterly moronic and when someone takes the time to point out your stupidity, you win!