Killzone devs believed Ryse was running on high-end PCs. They were proved wrong.

#101Ramsus082Posted 10/2/2013 6:38:37 PM
^^PS4 fanboys are suffering from denial and grief? It seems like the entire industry and all of it's consumers understand the PS4 as being the graphically superior console. What are you referring to, Forza5 at 1080p/60fps? So is GT6. On the PS3. I don't really think anybody cares about it too much.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#102assassin10133Posted 10/2/2013 7:42:34 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
^^PS4 fanboys are suffering from denial and grief? It seems like the entire industry and all of it's consumers understand the PS4 as being the graphically superior console. What are you referring to, Forza5 at 1080p/60fps? So is GT6. On the PS3. I don't really think anybody cares about it too much.

I get what you're saying but that's not really the best way to compare, you could run super Mario 1 at 1080P/60, but it'll still look like crap by today's standards. You can get any X360/PS3 game to run at 1080P/60 if you cut enough out, so it really depends on what the game is all doing to make that impressive and I don't think anyone sensible is going to argue that Forza 5 will look better than GT6
#103assassin10133Posted 10/2/2013 7:54:16 PM
Iminyourcloset posted...
Troll_Directory posted...
Iminyourcloset posted...
Guys, it's already been shown they were running on PCs, which I've already posted a link to:

http://hexus.net/gaming/news/industry/56841-microsofts-e3-xbox-one-demos-ran-nvidia-powered-pcs/
Nice try. From your own link: "It should be noted that there were also several other game developers running Xbox One game demos on actual Xbox One development hardware at E3. The above photos represent just one game dev's choice to show off its upcoming Xbox One game title."

Congrats, you just exposed Lococycle again. Welcome back to June. Wasn't this already covered in this very topic?

Did you not read my post? You think they'd run a couple of games on PCs and the rest were Xbox Ones? Would you only accept it as truth if a PC from every game had broken down and someone happened to get a picture of it and upload it?

They would have made sure their star games were running on the best hardware they had, which means if minor games were on PCs, Ryse definitely was.Seriously, why would they only run SOME of the games on PCs?

Edit: Oh, you cut out the part of my post which answered what you just said. Gosh, why would that be?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-hands-on-with-xbox-one

From the article about Ryse at E3: "We could access the console's menu by pressing the Xbox Home button, and by selecting the Ryse window, we could switch back to play again very smoothly. Yes, there's no doubt about it - this is definitely running on "real deal" Xbox One hardware."

You were saying?
#104assassin10133Posted 10/2/2013 7:56:39 PM
Iminyourcloset posted...
Troll_Directory posted...
Even though you're trying to imagine a scenario that would prove you wrong, that's still supposition. I'd rather deal with reality. You can't cite a link to suit your purposes, and then repudiate the same link when it doesn't. And remember this topic is still about Ryse, no matter how desperately you want it to be about Lococycle. Try again, I guess. But please, try harder. These rehashed posts are uninspired.

Not one part of that post was backed up by anything. 'Nope, nope, you're wrong, nope, try again, nope' is not an argument. And "You can't cite a link to suit your purposes, and then repudiate the same link when it doesn't", when did I do this?

Ryse at E3 played with 150,000 polygons per character. Since E3 they've confirmed this isn't possible and have downgraded it to 85,000 or something. That alone is proof it was running on a high end PC at E3 and they were just hoping the X1 would be able to catch up by the time of release, but it couldn't.

I haven't seen them say it wasn't possible, just that they lowered the poly count to essentially make other things look better, to get a better balance rather than have one standout point and the rest just ok
#105Xeeh_BitzPosted 10/2/2013 8:07:47 PM
Crytek always makes claims and fails to back it up. It's been happening for years and years, before they even started messing with consoles.
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!
#106assassin10133Posted 10/2/2013 8:25:56 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Crytek always makes claims and fails to back it up. It's been happening for years and years, before they even started messing with consoles.

Actual I thought they always came through in the graphics department but fell short in the gameplay department, and this whole thread I about graphics, not gameplay.
#107Xeeh_BitzPosted 10/2/2013 8:37:10 PM
assassin10133 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

Actual I thought they always came through in the graphics department but fell short in the gameplay department, and this whole thread I about graphics, not gameplay.

That's what I'm referring to, they promise X about graphics.

Promised all kinds of things for Crysis 3 for PC, then at release, blamed consoles.
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!