Killzone devs believed Ryse was running on high-end PCs. They were proved wrong.

#91sworderPosted 10/1/2013 2:44:50 PM
zephirraines posted...
Damn internal polygons we cant see!! Atleast the power of the ps4 allows all its games like driveclub and kill zone to always run at 60fps...... Oh wait....

internal polygons we can't see? do you even know how graphics work?
#92Ramsus082Posted 10/1/2013 3:06:21 PM
zephirraines posted...

Damn internal polygons we can't see!
internal polygons we can't see!
polygons we can't see!
we can't see!

Wat
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#93Ramsus082Posted 10/1/2013 3:11:52 PM
Wanna know why Forza5 running at 1080p isn't that interesting? So is GT6. On the PS3. A racing game looking pretty isn't nearly as impressive as any other genre doing the same.

On that note, did anyone know that Titanfall is 720p on the XboxOne? I just found this out today. Huh.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#94Troll_Directory(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2013 3:59:54 PM
Iminyourcloset posted...
Edit: Oh, you cut out the part of my post which answered what you just said. Gosh, why would that be?
The rest of your post was supposition. We know from several reports (including your own link LOL) that only one game was using high-end PCs. And, we know why. This was all settled months ago. The topic here is Ryse, which was confirmed to be on dev-kits. Try to keep up.
#95IminyourclosetPosted 10/1/2013 4:06:02 PM(edited)
Troll_Directory posted...
We know from several reports (including your own link LOL) that only one game was using high-end PCs.

Find me anything that says this.

'A hundred demos stations were set up, but one broke down and was found to actually be a PC running better hardware than the X1 has. This clearly means only this demo station was using a PC, the rest were X1s, because Microsoft confirmed that they were'
---
"I think all you gotta do is find that little black kid, and doesn't that start the whole backdoor option?" -WHiTE_LickR
#96Troll_Directory(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2013 4:32:24 PM
Iminyourcloset posted...
We know from several reports (including your own link LOL) that only one game was using high-end PCs.

Find me anything that says this.

'A hundred demos stations were set up, but one broke down and was found to actually be a PC running better hardware than the X1 has. This clearly means only this demo station was using a PC, the rest were X1s, because Microsoft confirmed that they were'
^ Even though you're trying to imagine a scenario that would prove you wrong, that's still supposition. I'd rather deal with reality. You can't cite a link to suit your purposes, and then repudiate the same link when it doesn't. And remember this topic is still about Ryse, no matter how desperately you want it to be about Lococycle. Try again, I guess. But please, try harder. These rehashed posts are uninspired.
#97IminyourclosetPosted 10/2/2013 3:47:48 AM
Even though you're trying to imagine a scenario that would prove you wrong, that's still supposition. I'd rather deal with reality. You can't cite a link to suit your purposes, and then repudiate the same link when it doesn't. And remember this topic is still about Ryse, no matter how desperately you want it to be about Lococycle. Try again, I guess. But please, try harder. These rehashed posts are uninspired.

Not one part of that post was backed up by anything. 'Nope, nope, you're wrong, nope, try again, nope' is not an argument. And "You can't cite a link to suit your purposes, and then repudiate the same link when it doesn't", when did I do this?

Ryse at E3 played with 150,000 polygons per character. Since E3 they've confirmed this isn't possible and have downgraded it to 85,000 or something. That alone is proof it was running on a high end PC at E3 and they were just hoping the X1 would be able to catch up by the time of release, but it couldn't.
---
"I think all you gotta do is find that little black kid, and doesn't that start the whole backdoor option?" -WHiTE_LickR
#98HENTAIDOJIPosted 10/2/2013 6:20:16 AM
The_Darkwalker posted...
I don't believe for one second that anyone from Guerilla walked up to a member of the Ryse team and basically said, "I don't believe that this is really running on an Xbox One dev kit! I think it's running on a high end PC! I want you to open this cabinet right this instant and prove it isn't!"

I mean, c'mon. Seriously? And even if someone did, do you actually think the Ryse devs would just put up with that and go, "Derp! Welp, ok! We sure don't want Guerilla being mad at us, guess we better do it, doyeeeeeeeeeee!!!!"

Just because someone says something, not just on the Internet but in life in general, doesn't make it true. People need to stop being so gullible.

Disbelief is the quintessential nature of Xbox since the dawn of time. One of the negative results when the hardware is partially based on altering the fabric of reality to achieve impossible results.

Like grief its matter of stages

1) Disbelief.. It looks so good must be CG
2) Incomprehension - How is it possible it looks like CG
3) Denial - Ok its not CG..but it was runnong on a high end pc
4) Lies - It was downgraded
5) Hate - I hate that it looks better than the original footage...
6) Fear..and it scares me
You'll notice there isn't an acceptance stage.

As the games are near gold it would appear the ponies are transitioning from stages 4/5.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#99TwinmoldPosted 10/2/2013 6:55:08 AM
Lmao this board is great. Ponies shouting about how there is no proof, and this is a baseless claim, but anything negative about the Xbox One is taken at face value because NeoGaf never lies. They think we don't notice. ;)
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf
#100Exodus_PrimePosted 10/2/2013 7:02:26 AM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
The_Darkwalker posted...
I don't believe for one second that anyone from Guerilla walked up to a member of the Ryse team and basically said, "I don't believe that this is really running on an Xbox One dev kit! I think it's running on a high end PC! I want you to open this cabinet right this instant and prove it isn't!"

I mean, c'mon. Seriously? And even if someone did, do you actually think the Ryse devs would just put up with that and go, "Derp! Welp, ok! We sure don't want Guerilla being mad at us, guess we better do it, doyeeeeeeeeeee!!!!"

Just because someone says something, not just on the Internet but in life in general, doesn't make it true. People need to stop being so gullible.

Disbelief is the quintessential nature of Xbox since the dawn of time. One of the negative results when the hardware is partially based on altering the fabric of reality to achieve impossible results.

Like grief its matter of stages

1) Disbelief.. It looks so good must be CG
2) Incomprehension - How is it possible it looks like CG
3) Denial - Ok its not CG..but it was runnong on a high end pc
4) Lies - It was downgraded
5) Hate - I hate that it looks better than the original footage...
6) Fear..and it scares me
You'll notice there isn't an acceptance stage.

As the games are near gold it would appear the ponies are transitioning from stages 4/5.

A lot of the fanboys seem to be suffering from this, it's sad because they spend more time posting on here than they do on their preferred console board, if you notice some of them only live/exists to post topics on this board you never see them post on their console of board. About Neogaf that place should be raided and burnt to the ground with the locusts from Gears Of War.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.