Crytek: 900P is a choice! Honest!

#31Ramsus082Posted 9/30/2013 2:52:01 PM
Skynet82997 posted...

Sure - but that only applies to PS4 games, right? Not XB1 games?

Both of them should improve. It's just disappointing for many reading about another exclusive being downgraded, especially one that was hyped primarily on it's technical specs. If the technical specs get downgraded, that's something worth talking about.

So, this downgrade of Ryse doesn't bode well for the future of the XB1, but KZ being unable to run at 60 FPS and maintain its visuals doesn't mean the same thing for the PS4?

PS4 games will get better, while XB1 games will not.

Downgrading because you bit off more than you can chew at launch, and setting reasonable expectations for your targets at launch and hitting those are two different things. The latter happens all the time, everywhere. The former is a sign of poor-planning, poor experience, or poor hardware. In this case, it's probably a combination of the first two. They'll get better at this, nobody is saying otherwise. But it sucks that they downgraded such an ambitious title. That's all.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#3282xenoPosted 9/30/2013 2:52:32 PM
Skynet82997 posted...
82xeno posted...
Skynet82997 posted...
82xeno posted...
....they never "downgraded" framerate on the single player campaign in KZ: SF....it was always targeted for 30fps.

....smh you guys are grasping....

Either way - it's not running in 1080p at a locked 60 FPS with all the visual whistles and bells - indicating the limitations of the hardware.

You guys can't stop pointing out how massive a difference there is in power - well, if the PS4 is orders of magnitude more powerful than the XB1, as the Sony trolls suggest, why can't it run this at a locked 60 FPS without visually downgrading the graphics?

Because Xbox "trolls" were the first to claim "60fps superiority" with Forza 5.

It's an asinine argument when anything since the NES could run 60fps if developers really wanted to.

Both these consoles will have limitations. The X1 will have slightly more.

Building up these pointless arguments comparing exclusive framerates is ridiculous.

I agree - but Sony trolls have haunted this board since E3 doing exactly that.

Actually it was the X1 trolls that have latched onto the framerate argument at E3 with Forza 5, it was the Sony trolls that really only needed MS's policies to troll.

Yeah since X1 policy reversals, the Sony trolls moved to framerate.

But really, what PS4 game would you say Sony trolls even had a framerate argument at E3?
---
Shwing
#33Skynet82997Posted 9/30/2013 2:54:23 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
Skynet82997 posted...

Sure - but that only applies to PS4 games, right? Not XB1 games?

Both of them should improve. It's just disappointing for many reading about another exclusive being downgraded, especially one that was hyped primarily on it's technical specs. If the technical specs get downgraded, that's something worth talking about.

So, this downgrade of Ryse doesn't bode well for the future of the XB1, but KZ being unable to run at 60 FPS and maintain its visuals doesn't mean the same thing for the PS4?

PS4 games will get better, while XB1 games will not.

Downgrading because you bit off more than you can chew at launch, and setting reasonable expectations for your targets at launch and hitting those are two different things. The latter happens all the time, everywhere. The former is a sign of poor-planning, poor experience, or poor hardware. In this case, it's probably a combination of the first two. They'll get better at this, nobody is saying otherwise. But it sucks that they downgraded such an ambitious title. That's all.

So, we believe the Guerilla guys that they never targeted 60 FPS for KZ single player, but the Crytek guys who are saying they made the choice to run Ryse at 900p are liars, right?

I mean, that's the entire point of this thread, eh?
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#34Ramsus082Posted 9/30/2013 3:20:49 PM
Skynet82997 posted...

So, we believe the Guerilla guys that they never targeted 60 FPS for KZ single player....

Even if they did, they never advertised their game on the basis of the exact technical specs it would be running, complete with slides and boards showing precise polygon counts and all that jazz. So even if they did shoot for 60fps single player, reality bit them in the ass and they lowered their expectations, and more importantly ours, before they figured they could start making promises with a ridiculous amount of specificity and try and live up to that.

I'm sure every developer wants their games to run at 60fps. The fact that the vast majority do not does not mean that every single one of those was "downgraded".

Ryse was downgraded, KillZone has not. You can say this is a big deal, you can say it's not a big deal, but you can't really say it's not an issue at all. It's the truth of the matter.

but the Crytek guys who are saying they made the choice to run Ryse at 900p are liars, right?

No, I don't believe anyone forced them at gunpoint to run at 900p, clearly that's a call that they made personally for Ryse. The point is that they made this choice because they bit off more than they could chew. Hardware sucks, their experience with it sucks, or their planning and vision sucks. It's probably the latter two.

I mean, that's the entire point of this thread, eh?

Not sure what the point of the thread is other than to try and cut through some of their damage control and PR-speak and have a discussion about the downgrade and what this means, if anything. I'm sure there's a lot of threads about this already, and I'm sure there's even more posts telling everyone there's more threads about this, and that this shouldn't matter to anyone and that Sony fans are the worst and etc etc etc.
---
#35LICKWIDPAlNPosted 9/30/2013 3:34:07 PM
Looks like we got an XBone thread hall monitor in here folks.
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain
#36jjordan0002Posted 9/30/2013 3:46:25 PM
The might PS4 exclusive will not run at 60fps in single player only 30fps.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/26/killzone-shadow-falls-framerate-isnt-locked-at-60-and-heres-why
---
Xbox Live: D3ad1yV1rus
#37sworderPosted 9/30/2013 3:55:47 PM
jjordan0002 posted...

Multiplayer is all that matters for framerate
#38IminyourclosetPosted 9/30/2013 3:59:05 PM
jjordan0002 posted...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/26/killzone-shadow-falls-framerate-isnt-locked-at-60-and-heres-why

"The graphics in this primarily-multiplayer game beats us only in multiplayer"
---
"I think all you gotta do is find that little black kid, and doesn't that start the whole backdoor option?" -WHiTE_LickR
#39chrisromans123Posted 9/30/2013 4:25:39 PM
jjordan0002 posted...

True, but it is also 1080p not 900p.
---
XDAO Romans
#40Ramsus082Posted 9/30/2013 4:37:59 PM
They're saying the frame rate dips with tons of activity, that's not unheard of. There's a lot of security for posters here in the word "locked" when they hear that DR3 is targeting 30fps, but frame rate stutters happen.
---