Holding Back

#21Exodus_PrimePosted 9/30/2013 8:24:26 AM
So you're saying that Killzone (a console exclusive) a game that can't do 60FPS at all times from the almighty PS4 graphics wonder is because the Xbox One is holding it back? ok gotcha....
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#22Rdeal2Posted 9/30/2013 8:27:52 AM
Iminyourcloset posted...
Rdeal2 posted...
Iminyourcloset posted...
Rdeal2 posted...
If that is a rule why did some games on PS3 look and run better than the 360 versions?

They said they reserve the right to, not that they will immediately ban the game because of a small difference (and as I said, it wasn't as strong a factor this gen since versions ended up being fairly similar). This gen has a more significant difference.

If you seriously think they are gonna downgrade a game you are a true sony pony,i am going to laugh my arse off if some of the games run better on the Xbox One

The idea of MS doing this is unthinkable? Despite various inside sources saying they're doing it, and despite the PS4 already being shown to be able to run it better, and the fact that MS did crap like this to get an edge for the whole of last gen?

'lol nope u ponies hahahah'

Why bother...

Lmao 90% of multiplats ran and looked better on the 360 so your telling me that they did that because MS told them to?you would think if the 360 was holding back the PS3 the PS3 would at least be able to achieve the same framerate and where was it shown that the PS4 version of BF4 ran better?
#23IminyourclosetPosted 9/30/2013 8:32:54 AM(edited)
Exodus_Prime posted...
So you're saying that Killzone (a console exclusive) a game that can't do 60FPS at all times from the almighty PS4 graphics wonder is because the Xbox One is holding it back? ok gotcha....

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-26-guerrilla-killzone-shadow-fall-multiplayer-runs-at-60-fps-a-lot-of-the-time

1080p 60fps multiplayer. The 30fps is for single player only.

Rdeal2 posted...
Lmao 90% of multiplats ran and looked better on the 360 so your telling me that they did that because MS told them to?you would think if the 360 was holding back the PS3 the PS3 would at least be able to achieve the same framerate and where was it shown that the PS4 version of BF4 ran better?

I've already answered this. This rule didn't apply much last gen, since the 360 usually had the graphical edge anyway through being easier to develop for.They're wheeling it out now in force as a desperate move to boost early sales.
---
"I think all you gotta do is find that little black kid, and doesn't that start the whole backdoor option?" -WHiTE_LickR
#24Rdeal2Posted 9/30/2013 8:38:21 AM
You said and the fact that MS did crap like this to get an edge for the whole of last gen.how did they do crap like this if they were the better console in the first place
#25Exodus_PrimePosted 9/30/2013 8:39:59 AM
Iminyourcloset posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-26-guerrilla-killzone-shadow-fall-multiplayer-runs-at-60-fps-a-lot-of-the-time

1080p 60fps multiplayer. The 30fps is for single player only.

Rdeal2 posted...

I've already answered this. This rule didn't apply much last gen, since the 360 usually had the graphical edge anyway through being easier to develop for.They're wheeling it out now in force as a desperate move to boost early sales.

Soo you're saying it's okay for Killzone to run the campaign at 30FPS but not Xbox One games? the 60FPS drops from time to time in multiplayer..again it didn't answer why this graphics wonder machine can't keep it up all the time...what's holding it back? the devs? Xbox One? Bill Gates?
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#26IminyourclosetPosted 9/30/2013 8:40:11 AM
I was specifically referring to paying for exclusive DLC rights, paying to get it released on 360 a few months or a year earlier, things like that.

The notion that they're demanding multiplat games be scaled down to X1 level or they won't sell them should not be surprising.
---
"I think all you gotta do is find that little black kid, and doesn't that start the whole backdoor option?" -WHiTE_LickR
#27IminyourclosetPosted 9/30/2013 9:29:42 AM(edited)
Exodus_Prime posted...
Soo you're saying it's okay for Killzone to run the campaign at 30FPS but not Xbox One games? the 60FPS drops from time to time in multiplayer..again it didn't answer why this graphics wonder machine can't keep it up all the time...what's holding it back? the devs? Xbox One? Bill Gates?

Killzone is 60fps 1080p multiplayer.

Battlefield is essentially a multiplayer game like CoD (who buys it for the campaign?), and can only run at 720p 60fps.

'Drops from time to time' ain't really enough to claim they're both flawed. And, adding in a tidbit I heard on that other topic you pasted this message into:

Demon_Acker posted...
ejay8320 posted...
Wasn't it clarified that the drops were only due to extreme situations like when 24 players all throw a grenade at the exact same time?

Yes.

---
#28SearchmanV16(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2013 9:26:36 AM
Iminyourcloset posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...

Killzone is 60fps 1080p multiplayer.

Battlefield is essentially a multiplayer game like CoD (who buys it for the campaign?), and can only run at 720p 60fps.

'Drops from time to time' ain't really enough to claim they're both flawed

Yeah, exactly. I find the notion of people playing campaign to be a small group of people. For me, I always used to finish campaigns before multiplayer, but Halo 3 really changed that because of the Cortana mission. Heck, I didn't even the Black Ops 2 campaign until earlier this year when I was bored. If it is a game famous for a story and mp, then I will play it: ie Halo, Gears of War, Killzone, etc. If it is BF or COD, forget about it. MP all the way.
---
Let's go Heat, Jaguars, Panthers, Canes, and Yankees.
Current Devices: HTC One, Nexus 7 2013 model 32 GB.