I don't think Xbox is strong enough of a brand for the $500 Xbox One pricetag

#11straymatterPosted 9/30/2013 10:40:35 AM
They hit the right price for the day one edition, after the consoles launch and the holidays they have some leeway to make some deals.
#12Hucast9Posted 9/30/2013 10:44:49 AM(edited)
Shovel_Break posted...
There was a time where Xbox was almost the new PlayStation, but the PS3 had a turnaround and is even ahead of the 360 in worldwide sales. Xbox just isnt what it could have been, not with PlayStation getting so much popularity again and the hype the PS4 has.

The way you say that someone would think that the PS3 is ahead by millions or tens of millions of consoles. PS3 is ahead of the Xbox 360 by a measly and meaningless few hundred thousand consoles. Is that lead significant enough to draw any conclusion? Absolutely not.

Wasn't the original Xbox $500? I think that the $500 for Xbox One is acceptable, but sure in a perfect world it would've been better if it was $399. I predict that it will be $399 around the end of 2014. They will want to get it at $399 as soon as possible. Their plan is to get as many $499s as possible, then to switch to $399 asap.
#13SithMasterDKPosted 9/30/2013 10:42:35 AM
I dunno... I hardly hear ANYTHING about Playstation, good or bad. There's absolutely no publicity for it compared to the xbox (at least on the east coast.)
---
Currently playing- Dark Souls(PC), Pokemon Showdown, GTA V, and good old fashioned foosball.
#14SORS_IMMANISPosted 9/30/2013 10:45:01 AM
The brand is strong enough, just not after the complete PR disaster that was E3.
#15Satchmo25Posted 9/30/2013 10:45:34 AM
SithMasterDK posted...
I dunno... I hardly hear ANYTHING about Playstation, good or bad. There's absolutely no publicity for it compared to the xbox (at least on the east coast.)

there's really not a lot to say about it, it's the MehStation 4
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
#16Pupu27Posted 9/30/2013 11:03:01 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#17Pupu27Posted 9/30/2013 11:05:03 AM
TheRealPhattyJ posted...
Pupu27 posted...
Shovel_Break posted...
There was a time where Xbox was almost the new PlayStation, but the PS3 had a turnaround and is even ahead of the 360 in worldwide sales. Xbox just isnt what it could have been, not with PlayStation getting so much popularity again and the hype the PS4 has.

I really think that a $500 pricetag is something the Xbox One MIGHT have gotten away with if there was no PS4, but with the PS4 around and only $400..... people will not bite. Xbox just doesnt have the brand power and the competition is too steep

PS3 is the biggest failure in history of home console, it's not turning around anything at all. What's Sony is hoping right now is to empty all of their stockpile of PS3 to recoup some of the losses. XBox brand is not successful either but it's still in a better situation than the Play Station brand at the moment. And the extra $100 in price added a lot of features into XBone that PS4 gamers can't even get in their dreams (superior cloud services, much much better natural interface controller in Kinnect and a truly home entertainment system rather just a plain video games player).

with RROD replacement sales the 360 sold around 77 million, according to most sites. the same places say the PS3 has sold over 80 million units. Last time I checked, 80 million was more than 77 million. Sony lost what, now?

You can find this information yourself, if you want.

I was not talking about the number of PS3 sold vs Xbox360. I referred to it as the biggest failure in financial sense of home consoles. PS3 sold with a lost on each of the unit and the whole generation costed Sony billions of dollars. It basically wiped out all the profits that Sony got from PS and PS2 generations, nearly 20 years of work flushed down the toilet.

360 suffered lost too but not on the same scale, and it was the first console of Microsoft on the market so lost was expected.
---
Freedom of speech is just an excuse for trolling.
#18SaintSeiyaXPosted 9/30/2013 11:07:54 AM
TheRealPhattyJ posted...
Pupu27 posted...
Shovel_Break posted...

I really think that a $500 pricetag is something the Xbox One MIGHT have gotten away with if there was no PS4, but with the PS4 around and only $400..... people will not bite. Xbox just doesnt have the brand power and the competition is too steep

PS3 is the biggest failure in history of home console, it's not turning around anything at all. What's Sony is hoping right now is to empty all of their stockpile of PS3 to recoup some of the losses. XBox brand is not successful either but it's still in a better situation than the Play Station brand at the moment. And the extra $100 in price added a lot of features into XBone that PS4 gamers can't even get in their dreams (superior cloud services, much much better natural interface controller in Kinnect and a truly home entertainment system rather just a plain video games player).

with RROD replacement sales the 360 sold around 77 million, according to most sites. the same places say the PS3 has sold over 80 million units. Last time I checked, 80 million was more than 77 million. Sony lost what, now?

You can find this information yourself, if you want.

The only reason the PS3 sold more than the Xbox is because the Japanese market will never accept an American console. Exclude Japan & the Xbox has a nice lead on the PS3. In America only, the Xbox far outsold the PS3, which is where software is sold most. Hell, the 360 has sold over 100 million more copies of games than the PS3......like that's insane.

I do agree that M$ shouldn't have charged so much for the X1, but they will learn their lesson.
---
#1 N.Y. Knicks Fan - X360: P 1 L L zZz ; PSN: ExodusIllusion - http://killakadafi.dvdaf.com/owned
#19WTFNightmarePosted 9/30/2013 11:08:18 AM
Shovel_Break posted...

cuz ps3 was worth 600
---
I'll Teach You Fear
#20MilesTeg420Posted 9/30/2013 11:12:36 AM
No console can do really well at $500. Microsoft is stupid for thinking $500 is an acceptable price.