I don't think Xbox is strong enough of a brand for the $500 Xbox One pricetag

#31ilikehamandhaloPosted 9/30/2013 11:40:25 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#32Shovel_Break(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2013 5:30:05 PM
RemakeMe posted...
If PS3 becomes anything like the PS2 it will sell for many many years all around the world and make profit easy.

The software should sale even better due to having a large robust PSN library to choose from. And PS+ could offer free games (even PS4) games to those who decide to get one much later on. They may have not made much with PS3's in terms of profit but a good indication they will and will definitely surpass the 360 by a large margin when all is said and done.

PS3 will be selling for at least 5 more years
---
Naughty Dog's "The Last of Us"
Gaming has reached a new level (Only on PlayStation)
#33IzecPosted 9/30/2013 5:43:48 PM
Microsoft is the company that thinks:

Bing can beat Google
Windows Phone can beat iPhone/Android/BlackBerry
Internet Explorer can beat Chrome/Firefox

They do not understand the concept of having a weak brand name. Success with Xbox 360 and Windows OS has made them arrogant.
---
Throwback Mode 4 Lyfe
#34IzecPosted 9/30/2013 5:50:19 PM
ilikehamandhalo posted...
$500 is fine and it will sell, a lot. More then PS? There is absolutely no way in this universe to tell. PS fanboys love to point out how the PS3 'caught up' to 360 last gen

That's the point, PS3 got destroyed until they dropped the price, and took ages to recover (they still lose to 360 in America though).

Difference is, PS3 had free online and stronger hardware to fall back on against 360. XB1 has no such advantage against PS4; the hardware is weaker and the online costs more.
---
Throwback Mode 4 Lyfe
#35NewMoonShadowPosted 9/30/2013 5:58:44 PM
Pupu27 posted...
PS3 is the biggest failure in history of home console,

.......... what are you, thirteen? Fifteen? This cannot be a serious statement. Honestly.
#36Pupu27Posted 9/30/2013 6:11:02 PM
Izec posted...

Bing can beat Google

They do not understand the concept of having a weak brand name. Success with Xbox 360 and Windows OS has made them arrogant.

This one is off topic but:
- Bing is better than Google if you live in the US
- Windows Phone is killing BlackBerry in enterprise environment, has much better performance than Android and has a better user interface than IOS. The only thing it's lacking right now is apps but it has more apps than Android at the same time frame.
- Internet Explorer 9-10 destroyed Firefox. 2 or 3 years back Firefox was winning but right now it's not even a contest.

XBox brand in my opinion is more popular than Play Station at the moment. It's however not at the same level as Nintendo yet.
---
Freedom of speech is just an excuse for trolling.
#37TheRealPhattyJPosted 9/30/2013 6:29:12 PM
Pupu27 posted...
TheRealPhattyJ posted...
Pupu27 posted...
Shovel_Break posted...
There was a time where Xbox was almost the new PlayStation, but the PS3 had a turnaround and is even ahead of the 360 in worldwide sales. Xbox just isnt what it could have been, not with PlayStation getting so much popularity again and the hype the PS4 has.

I really think that a $500 pricetag is something the Xbox One MIGHT have gotten away with if there was no PS4, but with the PS4 around and only $400..... people will not bite. Xbox just doesnt have the brand power and the competition is too steep

PS3 is the biggest failure in history of home console, it's not turning around anything at all. What's Sony is hoping right now is to empty all of their stockpile of PS3 to recoup some of the losses. XBox brand is not successful either but it's still in a better situation than the Play Station brand at the moment. And the extra $100 in price added a lot of features into XBone that PS4 gamers can't even get in their dreams (superior cloud services, much much better natural interface controller in Kinnect and a truly home entertainment system rather just a plain video games player).

with RROD replacement sales the 360 sold around 77 million, according to most sites. the same places say the PS3 has sold over 80 million units. Last time I checked, 80 million was more than 77 million. Sony lost what, now?

You can find this information yourself, if you want.

I was not talking about the number of PS3 sold vs Xbox360. I referred to it as the biggest failure in financial sense of home consoles. PS3 sold with a lost on each of the unit and the whole generation costed Sony billions of dollars. It basically wiped out all the profits that Sony got from PS and PS2 generations, nearly 20 years of work flushed down the toilet.

360 suffered lost too but not on the same scale, and it was the first console of Microsoft on the market so lost was expected.

the 360 and ps3 started to be sold at a profit for both companies at about the same time, as they were reported in the same article on either ign or gamespot, can't remember which.

and, uh, i'm sorry but the 360 was Microsoft's SECOND console on the market. also, i'm sorry to be the one to have to tell you this but every console is always sold at a loss to the manufacturer. if they sold their consoles for a profit than nothing, all the way back to the colecovision years, would have been affordable to enough people. Companies like Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, etc that manufacture consoles make their money off of the licensing rights as every company that wants to make/publish a game for that console has to pay to do so. The PS4/XboxDone are going to be the first consoles to ever come out the gate at a profit to the parent company.
#38NewMoonShadowPosted 9/30/2013 7:54:18 PM
TheRealPhattyJ posted...
and, uh, i'm sorry but the 360 was Microsoft's SECOND console on the market. also, i'm sorry to be the one to have to tell you this but every console is always sold at a loss to the manufacturer. if they sold their consoles for a profit than nothing, all the way back to the colecovision years, would have been affordable to enough people. Companies like Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, etc that manufacture consoles make their money off of the licensing rights as every company that wants to make/publish a game for that console has to pay to do so. The PS4/XboxDone are going to be the first consoles to ever come out the gate at a profit to the parent company.

That's not true, actually. The original Wii was also sold for a small profit-per-unit, mostly because they were just GameCubes with a different physical design.
#39Lefty128kPosted 9/30/2013 8:20:32 PM
EastCoastKody posted...
so the company that sold twice as many 360's as Sony sold PS3's in America.....isn't a strong enough brand?

Americans preordered more PS4s than XBones at every major retail and online store.

What does that tell you?
#40COBRAxDFWxPJPosted 9/30/2013 9:29:46 PM
Pupu27 posted...
Izec posted...

Bing can beat Google

This one is off topic but:
- Bing is better than Google if you live in the US
- Windows Phone is killing BlackBerry in enterprise environment, has much better performance than Android and has a better user interface than IOS. The only thing it's lacking right now is apps but it has more apps than Android at the same time frame.
- Internet Explorer 9-10 destroyed Firefox. 2 or 3 years back Firefox was winning but right now it's not even a contest.

XBox brand in my opinion is more popular than Play Station at the moment. It's however not at the same level as Nintendo yet.

all that is opinion. but if we are talking opinions, yours is in the minority.

by popular opinion:

Google>bing

apple=android>blackberry>nokia>windows phone

Chrome=Firefox>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Internet Explorer.

Playstation>Xbox.