Cancelled My Preorder

#1SearchmanV16Posted 9/30/2013 10:05:27 AM
Blogfaqs/Cool Story dudebros. I cancelled my Xbox One preorder because none of my friends are buying it except two people on my Xbox Live friends list. I kept the PS4 one since everyone is getting it, the games will have better graphics at some point in the middle of the console generation, no paywall, better, no need for a hinky dinky camera, Microsoft's stance on multiplatform games is BS to customers(having a crappier product doesn't mean you can demand stuff like that at the expense of Sony consumers), Halo has gone downhill with your AA and Boltshot, and the PS4 is a lot cheaper to own. I told you my story was great, now, what do I get? I prefer a cookie or an award via mail. Nothing negative please, I only want cool prizes. One of those "topics" eh? Glad to help out. Knowing that aspect in my life is important for the masses on this site.
---
Let's go Heat, Jaguars, Panthers, Canes, and Yankees.
Current Devices: HTC One, Nexus 7 2013 model 32 GB.
#2shanafanPosted 9/30/2013 10:26:27 AM
My eyes hurt from trying to read that.
---
XBL / PSN / Wii U : shanafan
3DS Friend Code: 4656 6931 2297
#3GambitbuzzkillPosted 9/30/2013 10:27:09 AM
Dude no one cares so keep it moving it.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#4Skynet82997Posted 9/30/2013 10:31:05 AM
Enjoy your PS4.
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#5BigAl519Posted 9/30/2013 10:35:32 AM
Smart move man! Now if only the other sucke... I mean MS fans, could follow suit!
---
90% DVR 10% Gaming all thrown into one!
#6Bigdaddy422Posted 9/30/2013 10:52:22 AM
Im the exact opposite. I didnt cancel my PS4 preorder, i plan on selling it for a profit, hopefully.

I reserved the Ps4, day one, as i have been a sony gamer for many generations. I said "Hell No" to Xbox Ones policies, but I was left a sour taste in my mouth, when comparing exclusive launch titles.

When Xbox reversed their policies, i quickly reserved one online. Pound for pound Xbox One blows Ps4 out of the water with launch exclusives. Killer Instinct, Dead Rising, Forza, and Titanfall will be day one buys for me.

I had already decided on BF4 for my FPS so I wasnt planning on getting Killzone anyways. So that would leave me with about 4 months before Infamous, the only exclusive that excites me, comes out.

I am not buying a system at launch to end up just waiting for some true next gen exclusives, not ports and indies.

Couple that with Xbox Ones many features; such as, Rumble triggers, exclusivity deals, Tv integration, Kinect, and Smartphones; it really is a no brainer on which system offers more.

Sure Ps4 has better specs, so didnt the Ps3, but i need more out of my system then just a graphics update. I need innovation, or my interest in gaming will continue to wane as I grow older.
#7SaintSeiyaXPosted 9/30/2013 10:56:42 AM
Playstation fans must have forgotten about the PS1 and the PS2 being one of, if not the weakest, out of all consoles in their gen. Yet, those were the best systems during their lifespan because of the games.
---
#1 N.Y. Knicks Fan - X360: P 1 L L zZz ; PSN: ExodusIllusion - http://killakadafi.dvdaf.com/owned
#8BERZERKER17Posted 9/30/2013 10:57:18 AM
Skynet82997 posted...
Enjoy your PS4.

---
R.I.P TimeSplitters 4, R.I.P FreeRadical, 21st December 2008.
XBL Gamertag: Catalytic Flash
#9MilesTeg420Posted 9/30/2013 10:59:44 AM
SaintSeiyaX posted...
Playstation fans must have forgotten about the PS1 and the PS2 being one of, if not the weakest, out of all consoles in their gen. Yet, those were the best systems during their lifespan because of the games.

They released first though. When they released, they were the most powerful consoles on the market at the time.
#10Satchmo25Posted 9/30/2013 11:01:20 AM
Bigdaddy422 posted...
Im the exact opposite. I didnt cancel my PS4 preorder, i plan on selling it for a profit, hopefully.

I reserved the Ps4, day one, as i have been a sony gamer for many generations. I said "Hell No" to Xbox Ones policies, but I was left a sour taste in my mouth, when comparing exclusive launch titles.

When Xbox reversed their policies, i quickly reserved one online. Pound for pound Xbox One blows Ps4 out of the water with launch exclusives. Killer Instinct, Dead Rising, Forza, and Titanfall will be day one buys for me.

I had already decided on BF4 for my FPS so I wasnt planning on getting Killzone anyways. So that would leave me with about 4 months before Infamous, the only exclusive that excites me, comes out.

I am not buying a system at launch to end up just waiting for some true next gen exclusives, not ports and indies.

Couple that with Xbox Ones many features; such as, Rumble triggers, exclusivity deals, Tv integration, Kinect, and Smartphones; it really is a no brainer on which system offers more.

Sure Ps4 has better specs, so didnt the Ps3, but i need more out of my system then just a graphics update. I need innovation, or my interest in gaming will continue to wane as I grow older.

makes sense, but the pony squad will hate you :)
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.