Cancelled My Preorder

#11SearchmanV16(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2013 11:25:52 AM
This is the first time I will buy a system at launch. I got the PS1 in 1997, a PS2 in 2003, an Xbox 360 in 2007 and 2012(slim), and a PS3 in 2012. For me, most of my games I play are multiplatform. I did play Mass Effect (once a Microsoft exclusive), Halo, Gears of War, and Forza. On PS3, I just played some of the older first party titles like Infamous, but I did own Uncharted and MLB The Show. Ratchet and Clank were good on the PSP though. Little Big Planet looks great for the PS3 as well. People just need to realize that just because Sony didn't pull out the big guns for the PS4 at launch, it doesn't mean that the system will not have any good first person titles. You realize that the first person titles that are great are being released now have lower graphics? Ryse is at 900p. Halo and Titanfall are there, but how long will Halo survive? I was a huge fan, but Reach and Halo 4 were terrible. I preordered and picked Halo 3 ODST, Halo Reach, and Halo 4 at launch. The armor abilities were terrible and ruined the series for a fan like myself. Sure, us Sony guys have KZ SF as our biggest launch, but it is a quality FPS. I had it on the PS3 (free MP version) and I enjoyed it. It was a different experience, but great. Now, what does Epic have in stock with Gears? Not a fan of Dead Rising 3. Played #2 and got really bored and not into the endless Zombie swarms to get from safehouse to safehouse. Titanfall will come onto PS4 at some point, keep that in mind. All that Microsoft has imo is the Kinect 2.0(not into motion control gaming), HDMI In port, and some select decent 1st party games. Keep in mind too, the PS4 is an investment. If you don't like it now, it will get better once devs can optimize the platform to its potential and Sony publishes some new first party titles.
---
Let's go Heat, Jaguars, Panthers, Canes, and Yankees.
Current Devices: HTC One, Nexus 7 2013 model 32 GB.
#12zinsindettaPosted 9/30/2013 12:32:04 PM
Wow now we can all sleep at night!
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#13embrandedonePosted 10/1/2013 3:40:17 AM
Good luck, have fun.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board
#14IzecPosted 10/1/2013 3:51:43 AM(edited)
SaintSeiyaX posted...
Playstation fans must have forgotten about the PS1 and the PS2 being one of, if not the weakest, out of all consoles in their gen. Yet, those were the best systems during their lifespan because of the games.

PS1 and PS2's competition was annoying to develop for/unpopular, which is why they got the most games.

PS4 is both most popular and easiest to develop for while also being strongest. It will undoubtedly get the most games UNLESS MS keeps shelling out cash for exclusives.
---
Throwback Mode 4 Lyfe
#15Madness2012Posted 10/1/2013 4:16:14 AM
Bigdaddy422 posted...
Im the exact opposite. I didnt cancel my PS4 preorder, i plan on selling it for a profit, hopefully.

I reserved the Ps4, day one, as i have been a sony gamer for many generations. I said "Hell No" to Xbox Ones policies, but I was left a sour taste in my mouth, when comparing exclusive launch titles.

When Xbox reversed their policies, i quickly reserved one online. Pound for pound Xbox One blows Ps4 out of the water with launch exclusives. Killer Instinct, Dead Rising, Forza, and Titanfall will be day one buys for me.

I had already decided on BF4 for my FPS so I wasnt planning on getting Killzone anyways. So that would leave me with about 4 months before Infamous, the only exclusive that excites me, comes out.

I am not buying a system at launch to end up just waiting for some true next gen exclusives, not ports and indies.

Couple that with Xbox Ones many features; such as, Rumble triggers, exclusivity deals, Tv integration, Kinect, and Smartphones; it really is a no brainer on which system offers more.

Sure Ps4 has better specs, so didnt the Ps3, but i need more out of my system then just a graphics update. I need innovation, or my interest in gaming will continue to wane as I grow older.

Could not have said it better myself......Have fun with your PS4 TC,i will be loving my XBOX ONE.....
#16BastichlivesPosted 10/1/2013 4:26:19 AM
Just wondering why TC decided to buy the "inferior" console just because he thought his friends would.
When he finds out they're not its a pile of rubbish.
Sheep.
---
Haters gonna hate.
#17BloodyDove2vsPosted 10/1/2013 4:29:02 AM
One more for the good guys.
---
Seriously?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp8aNBFFaw0
#18SunDevil77Posted 10/1/2013 4:57:03 AM
SearchmanV16 posted...
Blogfaqs/Cool Story dudebros.

I love when people post this like it makes their topic immune to being blogfaqs.
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#19werkz_destroyzPosted 10/1/2013 9:26:49 AM
SearchmanV16 posted...
This is the first time I will buy a system at launch. I got the PS1 in 1997, a PS2 in 2003, an Xbox 360 in 2007 and 2012(slim), and a PS3 in 2012. For me, most of my games I play are multiplatform. I did play Mass Effect (once a Microsoft exclusive), Halo, Gears of War, and Forza. On PS3, I just played some of the older first party titles like Infamous, but I did own Uncharted and MLB The Show. Ratchet and Clank were good on the PSP though. Little Big Planet looks great for the PS3 as well. People just need to realize that just because Sony didn't pull out the big guns for the PS4 at launch, it doesn't mean that the system will not have any good first person titles. You realize that the first person titles that are great are being released now have lower graphics? Ryse is at 900p. Halo and Titanfall are there, but how long will Halo survive? I was a huge fan, but Reach and Halo 4 were terrible. I preordered and picked Halo 3 ODST, Halo Reach, and Halo 4 at launch. The armor abilities were terrible and ruined the series for a fan like myself. Sure, us Sony guys have KZ SF as our biggest launch, but it is a quality FPS. I had it on the PS3 (free MP version) and I enjoyed it. It was a different experience, but great. Now, what does Epic have in stock with Gears? Not a fan of Dead Rising 3. Played #2 and got really bored and not into the endless Zombie swarms to get from safehouse to safehouse. Titanfall will come onto PS4 at some point, keep that in mind. All that Microsoft has imo is the Kinect 2.0(not into motion control gaming), HDMI In port, and some select decent 1st party games. Keep in mind too, the PS4 is an investment. If you don't like it now, it will get better once devs can optimize the platform to its potential and Sony publishes some new first party titles.

Get to the point....xbox or sony? thats all you have to say....
---
Gt: werkz destroyz
#20Ryan-06Posted 10/1/2013 2:23:42 PM
lol tc posted same on PS4 board. just changed a few words. Good job guys!
---
http://i.imgur.com/40W5r.jpg -wisdom
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth. Want to move to Canada.