Microsoft streaming service called Rio - Report. Could play 360 games on X1.

#31scoobydoobydontPosted 9/30/2013 5:34:31 PM
Spyro did not have achievements.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#32Lefty128kPosted 9/30/2013 6:12:47 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
Spyro did not have achievements.

Yup, yer right. It's Spyro 2, not Spyro.

But I'm still right. Xbox did not have it first.
#33Mr_arizonaPosted 9/30/2013 8:59:08 PM
TBONE_OG posted...
zerooo0 posted...
m.gamespot.com/news/microsoft-streaming-service-called-rio-report-6415122

We knew they had the Halo 4 demo running on it, but we didnt have the code name which is Rio. All this cloud/streaming stuff definitely sounds interesting & I cant wait/hope it gets expanded on in the future.

If I can stream games I own, then great. If not, I think I'll just use my 360.

But a nice service indeed.

Yeah as good as it sounds they will state how it can't determine the game you owned on 360 so we will need you to purchase it again at our inflated prices.
It's funny how games I find for $5 or $10 in stores are still $20 on the marketplace.
---
http://i.imgur.com/HLzCM.gif
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9286/tennisskirtblow.gif
#34Cowboy082288Posted 9/30/2013 9:12:04 PM
Halectic posted...
Jello743 posted...
Halectic posted...
Jello743 posted...
rusty12000 posted...
Looks like they are copying Sony.

and Sony copied Onlive.

Case closed.

Gaikai existed before Onlive and before Sony had anything to do with them, so Sony did not copy anything.

Nope.

OnLive - "Founded San Francisco (2003)"
Gaikai - "Founded November 2008"

Thank you, and have a nice day.

Ya i checked the dates again, however one thing is true..

Gaikai was founded in Oct. 2008, it was not bought by Sony until July 2, 2012

So Sony did NOT copy Onlive, Gaikai had nothing to do with Sony until it got bought in 2012

Microsoft Rio however is MS copying Sony, just like how MS has copied every decision Sony has made with the PS4 except a price reduction.

Omg that sounds like weird politician logic in an effort to cover up the fact that your original assertion was wrong.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam - cowboyoni
#35DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/30/2013 9:22:49 PM(edited)
Lefty128k posted...
zephirraines posted...
Sony copied achievements, social features, indy support and online paywall. So who carees.

The mention of achievements indicates that you think Sony copied all this from Xbox.

Spyro on PS1 had achievements before Xbox existed.

PC's had social features before Xbox existed.
Same with indie games and online paywalls.

And....you obviously care....LMAO. Otherwise you would have just kept your trap clapped.

*facepalm*

Someone does not know what an achievement is...

Also, MS's innovations weren't for inventing many of the online features of XBL. It was for structuring them to be efficient and user friendly. Are we seriously going to compare XBL to what had existed on PC gaming? Before XBL, I had to open Ventrillo, Team Speak, XFire, MSN, AIM and Google Talk in order to communicate at a level that is completely devoid of the efficiency and simplicity of XBL. Even then, it was limited to close friends or a select few. It was not easy to just make friends on PCs like on XBL.

Sony 100% copied them and PC gaming is doing the same now.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#36bloodlover4everPosted 9/30/2013 10:58:10 PM
DeadLock25 posted...
Lefty128k posted...
zephirraines posted...
Sony copied achievements, social features, indy support and online paywall. So who carees.

The mention of achievements indicates that you think Sony copied all this from Xbox.

Spyro on PS1 had achievements before Xbox existed.

PC's had social features before Xbox existed.
Same with indie games and online paywalls.

And....you obviously care....LMAO. Otherwise you would have just kept your trap clapped.

The point being made is that Xbox popularized achievements, cross game chat, entertainment apps, and indie support (which did start earlier on Xbox despite what some believe) which SONY adopted as well. SONY did not come up with streaming, they simply adopted the model just like MS is doing and announced it earlier. I dare mention OnLive as an earlier streaming service (not necessarily the first) but I think that might be too logical for some to comprehend. Nobody copied anybody. Companies adopt features from the competitor if those features are attractive and good. Complaining about something that has zero effect on you makes you look like a childish ignorant f***.

The idiotic fanboys screaming "MS copied SONY" at the moment fail to realize how much the Xbox platform influenced the Playstation, and vice versa.

This might be hard to grasp for a lot of the idiot fanboys above, but correlation does not equal causation. They also cant seem to understand that something like this takes months of work and prep, so they sure as hell did not start working on it after sony announced gaikai.

Apparently any hint of good news is unacceptable on this forum and must be spun in a negative manner so as to please the idiotic cry babies who cant accept the idea of good things happening to a platform they have no interest in.

Well said specially for achievements, MS had built a base for this and I remember reading an article about how they created it as its current form.
Sony is not an innovative company, this goes in my opinion to Nintendo.
#37bloodlover4everPosted 9/30/2013 11:03:13 PM
Mr_arizona posted...
TBONE_OG posted...
zerooo0 posted...
m.gamespot.com/news/microsoft-streaming-service-called-rio-report-6415122

We knew they had the Halo 4 demo running on it, but we didnt have the code name which is Rio. All this cloud/streaming stuff definitely sounds interesting & I cant wait/hope it gets expanded on in the future.

If I can stream games I own, then great. If not, I think I'll just use my 360.

But a nice service indeed.

Yeah as good as it sounds they will state how it can't determine the game you owned on 360 so we will need you to purchase it again at our inflated prices.
It's funny how games I find for $5 or $10 in stores are still $20 on the marketplace.

How they will know the games you own if you have a hard copy? Not the digital one?