Buying an Xbox One

#1auntfafajkPosted 9/30/2013 10:42:35 AM
I have one on pre order, but I'm either gonna sell it or drop the preorder. I'm planning on buying a pc. Should I drop the preorder or buy it and sell it? Do you think I'll make a profit on it? Thanks!
---
I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
#2josuna123Posted 9/30/2013 10:45:08 AM
Hey look just another AppraisalFAQS topic.
#3BigAl519Posted 9/30/2013 10:47:11 AM
No you won't make a profit. The Xbone is in low demand and unless MS bungles the release, there will be many available at launch as well.

Your best bet is to ditch it now and get that PC!
---
90% DVR 10% Gaming all thrown into one!
#4Exodus_PrimePosted 9/30/2013 10:48:59 AM
BigAl519 posted...
No you won't make a profit. The Xbone is in low demand and unless MS bungles the release, there will be many available at launch as well.

Your best bet is to ditch it now and get that PC!

Lol @ bungles
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#5TrickyPonyPosted 9/30/2013 10:49:36 AM
Day One edition or regular edition? Reason I ask is I think the Day One ed's are going to be better able to fetch a higher price after launch. If it's regular edition I say drop the preorder. My Gamestop told me they will have a lot of stock of both the PS4 and X1 at launch, more than enough to fill preorders and still satisfy walk up's
#6auntfafajk(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2013 10:50:17 AM
Day One
---
I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
#7TrickyPonyPosted 9/30/2013 10:59:56 AM
I'd say keep it and flip it. I really do think you can ask for a higher price than retail, just wait until the brick and mortar stores sell out and the Day One isn't available online and then advertise it, I'm sure someone will pay a $50-$100 premium for it at least.

If that sounds like too much premium, keep in mind how much the PS3/360 commanded at launch. Granted there were shortages of which we don't know how the X1/PS4 will play out, but my CEO HAD to have a PS3 for his son at Christmas and told me to find him the cheapest one I could, I ended up buying a PS3 for $1400 off Ebay for him - that was the cheapest around. I was floored, people go nuts at Christmas for their kids.

The hard part here will be finding a parent who knows what the Day One edition has over the regular edition. I don't think they will relate as much value to it as a kid would and not many kids have that kind of cheese laying around.