How come no one is excited about TV on Xbox One

#11TreGoodaPosted 9/30/2013 11:04:21 AM
Djnardu posted...
Am I the only one that cringes During the Samsung "Hi TV" commercial?

I mean the kids is holding the freaking remote in his hand yet he holds the remote to his mouth and say "hi tv"...

This is how I feel about XBOX TV integration. It will be a cool gimmick to try around for a bit..But eventually probably unplug the cable box from the xbox and run everything into my receiver.

Well, you obviously don't play computer games while trying to watch the Sunday Ticket. There are a million scenarios this will be useful for but you can't see 2 inches in front of your face.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#12SS_MetalSonicPosted 9/30/2013 11:05:35 AM
I am very excited.
---
PSWiiPC60DS - Sonic Generations, Asura's Wrath, Sleeping Dogs, Metro 2033, Borderlands, Darksiders 2, El Shaddai, Far Cry 3, Halo 4, Skyrim, Tomb Raider
#13motoraptorPosted 9/30/2013 11:06:33 AM
Can't wait for this in combination with Snap mode. With hockey starting, it's going to be great to snap hockey and gaming instead of picture-in-picture overlaying on the game's UI
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#14shads3055Posted 9/30/2013 11:48:18 AM
I don't know how it works TV and xbox yet to really be exciting but I will be when I get the sytem and plug it in. if you can play and watch tv all in one imput mode that's cool
#15Exodus_PrimePosted 9/30/2013 11:52:23 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
GondolinRises posted...
Doritos and mountain dew yeah merica. TV football yeah yeah.

Idiocracy. It is happening.

When you add that into the equation it sounds like a stroke of genius! Now I can control my tv with Doritos dust on my hands and not ruin a controller in the process. Thanks, Microsoft!

But then how will the ponies use their DualShock 4 touch screen with their fingers full of Taco Bell sauce that they bought with their 5$ lunch box from Taco Bell?
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#16Dev0311Posted 9/30/2013 11:55:34 AM
Not exciting at all...
#17mmm_BabyBoyPosted 9/30/2013 11:56:09 AM
Iminyourcloset posted...
'You don't have to push an extra button to watch TV now.'

Thank ****, I was getting exhausted

I've replaced the "****" with every curse word I know and I can't make any sense of this. I've got to know the word that was censored.
#18DjnarduPosted 9/30/2013 12:01:47 PM
TreGooda posted...
Djnardu posted...
Am I the only one that cringes During the Samsung "Hi TV" commercial?

I mean the kids is holding the freaking remote in his hand yet he holds the remote to his mouth and say "hi tv"...

This is how I feel about XBOX TV integration. It will be a cool gimmick to try around for a bit..But eventually probably unplug the cable box from the xbox and run everything into my receiver.

Well, you obviously don't play computer games while trying to watch the Sunday Ticket. There are a million scenarios this will be useful for but you can't see 2 inches in front of your face.

A million huh?

Well for me if I'm really into watching sports or a tv show i watch sports or a tv show I really dont need to be on Live to do so...I dont want to have live TV running next to a game I'm playing. If there's something I really want to watch Ill stop playing the game or record the show..

And if its for fantasy league having a laptop or ipad next to me pretty much does the same exact thing.
---
i7 3700k 4.8GHz, 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1900Mhz, GTX 690
#19NeoMonkPosted 9/30/2013 12:04:14 PM
We watch TV on our computer & phones now...

MS is 20 years late to the party.
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#20embrandedonePosted 9/30/2013 12:06:17 PM
GondolinRises posted...
Doritos and mountain dew yeah merica. TV football yeah yeah.

Idiocracy. It is happening.

---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board