How come no one is excited about TV on Xbox One

#31tadmfpolePosted 9/30/2013 8:03:36 PM(edited)
TreGooda posted...
Djnardu posted...
Am I the only one that cringes During the Samsung "Hi TV" commercial?

I mean the kids is holding the freaking remote in his hand yet he holds the remote to his mouth and say "hi tv"...

This is how I feel about XBOX TV integration. It will be a cool gimmick to try around for a bit..But eventually probably unplug the cable box from the xbox and run everything into my receiver.

Well, you obviously don't play computer games while trying to watch the Sunday Ticket. There are a million scenarios this will be useful for but you can't see 2 inches in front of your face.

Name a few of them. Since it is right in front of me and I can't see it enlighten me please.
---
my current game collection
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/tadmfpole/games/owned
#32TreGoodaPosted 10/1/2013 4:59:42 PM
Djnardu posted...
TreGooda posted...
Djnardu posted...

I mean the kids is holding the freaking remote in his hand yet he holds the remote to his mouth and say "hi tv"...

This is how I feel about XBOX TV integration. It will be a cool gimmick to try around for a bit..But eventually probably unplug the cable box from the xbox and run everything into my receiver.

Well, you obviously don't play computer games while trying to watch the Sunday Ticket. There are a million scenarios this will be useful for but you can't see 2 inches in front of your face.

A million huh?

Well for me if I'm really into watching sports or a tv show i watch sports or a tv show I really dont need to be on Live to do so...I dont want to have live TV running next to a game I'm playing. If there's something I really want to watch Ill stop playing the game or record the show..

And if its for fantasy league having a laptop or ipad next to me pretty much does the same exact thing.

You obviously don't have as much equipment as me then. I think you should stick with having a terrible setup and leaving these features to the big boys.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#33OneFastRamPosted 10/1/2013 5:13:48 PM
Djnardu posted...

I actually have a Samsung ES8000 with the 2013 Smart Evo kit. the motion and voice control work great, and you dont have to use the remote it recognizes it without the remote. the remote also has a touch pad included for swiping and zoom etc.

honestly though theyre gimmicks that i rarely use now. Its a neat trick and fun to wave or speak and do things but its hardly mindblowing. This is one big reason ive not been that impressed with the Xbox One. My TV already does pretty much everything the One does except play games and microsoft seems increasingly disinterested in the actual gaming aspect.
#34TreGoodaPosted 10/1/2013 5:14:51 PM
OneFastRam posted...
Djnardu posted...

I actually have a Samsung ES8000 with the 2013 Smart Evo kit. the motion and voice control work great, and you dont have to use the remote it recognizes it without the remote. the remote also has a touch pad included for swiping and zoom etc.

honestly though theyre gimmicks that i rarely use now. Its a neat trick and fun to wave or speak and do things but its hardly mindblowing. This is one big reason ive not been that impressed with the Xbox One. My TV already does pretty much everything the One does except play games and microsoft seems increasingly disinterested in the actual gaming aspect.

Yeah, but I have 3 tvs, 2 gaming computers and 8 consoles all in the same room. The XBOX One features are going to be helpful in this scenario.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#35HellsControllerPosted 10/1/2013 5:17:11 PM
That's not true. MS is very excited about it. That counts for something right?
---
I spilled Spot Remover on my dog....Now he's gone
#36PorungaPosted 10/1/2013 5:18:09 PM
Wildspark posted...
SORS_IMMANIS posted...
mmm_BabyBoy posted...
I've replaced the "****" with every curse word I know and I can't make any sense of this. I've got to know the word that was censored.

Thank f*** is a common expression.

I've literally never heard anyone say that.

Nor have I
#37Golden MavenPosted 10/1/2013 5:20:31 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
Honestly what more do you people want?

I dunno TC, you come off as a bit of a try hard. That said, I think you should try harder.
#38Moose_Of_WoePosted 10/1/2013 6:36:02 PM
I can already watch TV.
#39Bigdaddy422Posted 10/1/2013 6:50:11 PM
I think those who arent excited are children playing games off their parents tv.

I am excited because i have invested heavily in my entertainment center and the Xbox One will be an integral part of it now.

Being able to switch on the go from watching tv, to gaming, will be a great experience.

This isnt the key reason i chose to main an XboxOne over the Ps4, but it is definitely a contributing factor.
#40gabe2247Posted 10/1/2013 7:51:06 PM
I'm curious how through all of the XB1 tv talk that I've seen anywhere that no one seems concerned that your XB1 will ALWAYS have to be on. Now coming from a company that brought us the RROD from overheating I'm a little concerned that having to run my XB1 ALL the time even to watch tv will most likely greatly reduce the lifespan of the system.
---
PSWiiU603DSPVITA owner PSN, Gamertag, Nintendo ID: Gabe2247:. 3ds fc 3523-2146-9915