How come no one is excited about TV on Xbox One

#41Laylow12Posted 10/1/2013 9:03:30 PM
At least they haven't called it a water cooler. Oh wait...
---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#42NerdimusPrimePosted 10/1/2013 9:17:51 PM
You mean for a mere $500, I can watch TV on my TV?( cable box and DVR not included) That sounds fantastic! And instead of a remote control, I can wave my arms or shout at the TV? Thank god, as a gamer, the remote control was so intimidating with all those buttons!

This is the best deal I've seen since that nice man sold me those magic beans!
---
Troll logic: say something utterly moronic and when someone takes the time to point out your stupidity, you win!
#43mike468Posted 10/1/2013 9:50:55 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
This will enhance your TV experience big time. You don't have to push an extra button to watch TV now. There is a big Halo TV deal in place. You might even get achievements for watching TV. Honestly what more do you people want?

Nobody is really excited because MS doesn't have a whole lot going on with content. The halo series seems like it will be cool, but if MS really want to get people on board with exclusive programming content, they need more than just a halo tv series to convince everyone it's more than half*****. Just look at 1v vs 100.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#44zephirrainesPosted 10/1/2013 9:54:41 PM
Xbox owners are excited for all the games instead.
#45kyncaniPosted 10/2/2013 8:42:30 AM
mmm_BabyBoy posted...
Iminyourcloset posted...
'You don't have to push an extra button to watch TV now.'

Thank ****, I was getting exhausted

I've replaced the "****" with every curse word I know and I can't make any sense of this. I've got to know the word that was censored.

Thank [insert favorite deity], I was getting exhausted.

IF exhausted THEN Kinect.propose("doritos")
#46THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 10/2/2013 8:45:50 AM
Because we REALLY needed another way to access Television....
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#47DjnarduPosted 10/2/2013 9:04:14 AM
TreGooda posted...
Djnardu posted...
TreGooda posted...
Djnardu posted...
Am I the only one that cringes During the Samsung "Hi TV" commercial?

I mean the kids is holding the freaking remote in his hand yet he holds the remote to his mouth and say "hi tv"...

This is how I feel about XBOX TV integration. It will be a cool gimmick to try around for a bit..But eventually probably unplug the cable box from the xbox and run everything into my receiver.

Well, you obviously don't play computer games while trying to watch the Sunday Ticket. There are a million scenarios this will be useful for but you can't see 2 inches in front of your face.

A million huh?

Well for me if I'm really into watching sports or a tv show i watch sports or a tv show I really dont need to be on Live to do so...I dont want to have live TV running next to a game I'm playing. If there's something I really want to watch Ill stop playing the game or record the show..

And if its for fantasy league having a laptop or ipad next to me pretty much does the same exact thing.

You obviously don't have as much equipment as me then. I think you should stick with having a terrible setup and leaving these features to the big boys.

And you know how my home theater is set up how?

Oh right you don't. Your'e talking out of your ass and making a statement that EVERYONE wants the Xbox one TV features.
---
i7 3700k 4.8GHz, 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1900Mhz, GTX 690
#48Exodus_PrimePosted 10/2/2013 9:08:19 AM
People are excited just like people are excited about the Kinect, they just won't send you a personal e-mail about it to a nobody on a message board.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#49kidwgmPosted 10/2/2013 10:19:12 AM
Djnardu posted...
TreGooda posted...
Djnardu posted...
Am I the only one that cringes During the Samsung "Hi TV" commercial?

I mean the kids is holding the freaking remote in his hand yet he holds the remote to his mouth and say "hi tv"...

This is how I feel about XBOX TV integration. It will be a cool gimmick to try around for a bit..But eventually probably unplug the cable box from the xbox and run everything into my receiver.

Well, you obviously don't play computer games while trying to watch the Sunday Ticket. There are a million scenarios this will be useful for but you can't see 2 inches in front of your face.

A million huh?

Well for me if I'm really into watching sports or a tv show i watch sports or a tv show I really dont need to be on Live to do so...I dont want to have live TV running next to a game I'm playing. If there's something I really want to watch Ill stop playing the game or record the show..

And if its for fantasy league having a laptop or ipad next to me pretty much does the same exact thing.

Then don't. But its a great option for people that do.
---
GT: Kid Whimsical 3DS FC: 4811-7436-8881
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii and Wii U.)