why is the xbox one the ugly step child of next gen?

#11METALINGUS5150Posted 9/30/2013 4:31:17 PM
The Wii U is a far more attractive platform to me than the Xbone.
lol
#12sworderPosted 9/30/2013 4:31:27 PM
only 4 of those games are from Nintendo and only 1 is a new IP

Nintendo needs to start innovating and stop rehashing
#13Dannyson97Posted 9/30/2013 4:43:16 PM
sworder posted...
only 4 of those games are from Nintendo and only 1 is a new IP

Nintendo needs to start innovating and stop rehashing

I said the company had good exclusives, I didn't say they were from Nintendo.
And again using the the same charecters isn't the same as rehashing.
Rehasing to me is when the same gameplay is used over and over in the same game series course of watleast 4 games, with very little improvements. I'll admit New Super Mario Bros was rehashing, but Super Mario 3Dland isn't a rehash.
Though to most people on these boards, if you like a game it's a sequal, if you don't like it it's a rehash.
---
I'm pro Nintendo, my friend is pro Sony,
my other friend is pro Microsoft.
#14MagliannoPosted 9/30/2013 4:46:49 PM
Dannyson97 posted...
_Elite_Bushido_ posted...
Dannyson97 posted...
The Wii U still has a reason to exist, if you own a PC or PS4 you have the 3rd party support, the Wii U has great exclusives, and is 200$ cheaper, you can't get Nintendo on any other console. Most people won't buy th Xbox one if they have a PS4, or decent PC, but the Wii U is a good companion console.

great exclusives? i dont think rehashing the same crap over 30 years is "great"

Using the same charecter in a game isn't rehashing.
Bayonneta
Sonic Lost worlds
The Wonderful 101
Pikimin 3
X
Zombie U
Scribblenauts
Lego City Undercover
Super Smash Bros U
Wind Wind Waker HD
All games and series that have existed for less then 30 years, and again the new 1st party games like Mario and Donkey kong aren't rehashes they
And to be fair they are more refreshing then the all these shooters.

Who on Earth hypes up Sonic games in 2013? And yes, Mario and Donkey Kong are rehashes because they're cartoon mascot games. Nintendo has only been making those for the past few decades now. They need to step outside of their comfort zone and try more ideas. No, that doesn't mean shooters and there's nothing wrong with having cartoon mascot games. But when the majority of your upcoming lineup is cartoon mascot games, you have a variety issue.
---
Stealing IP addresses since 2011.
#15Dannyson97Posted 9/30/2013 4:55:02 PM
Maglianno posted...
Dannyson97 posted...
Dannyson97 posted...
The Wii U still has a reason to exist, if you own a PC or PS4 you have the 3rd party support, the Wii U has great exclusives, and is 200$ cheaper, you can't get Nintendo on any other console. Most people won't buy th Xbox one if they have a PS4, or decent PC, but the Wii U is a good companion console.

Bayonneta
Sonic Lost worlds
The Wonderful 101
Pikimin 3
X
Zombie U
Scribblenauts
Lego City Undercover
Super Smash Bros U
Wind Wind Waker HD
All games and series that have existed for less then 30 years, and again the new 1st party games like Mario and Donkey kong aren't rehashes they

Who on Earth hypes up Sonic games in 2013? And yes, Mario and Donkey Kong are rehashes because they're cartoon mascot games. Nintendo has only been making those for the past few decades now. They need to step outside of their comfort zone and try more ideas. No, that doesn't mean shooters and there's nothing wrong with having cartoon mascot games. But when the majority of your upcoming lineup is cartoon mascot games, you have a variety issue.

Quite a few people will get hyped for a Sonic games.
As for the cartoon mascot games, it's kinda of Nintendo's thing, each game has different gameplay, and that's were it counts.
It's no worse then Microsoft going for the mostly realistic route.
Nintendo will definitely step out of the box when the Wii U install base picks up.
I think I should point out that I don't think the Wii U will win sales wise this Gen just that they'll make a profit. No PS4 will win. But the TC says the Wii U is worse then then Xbox one and I just don't agree.
---
I'm pro Nintendo, my friend is pro Sony,
my other friend is pro Microsoft.
#16RakesusPosted 9/30/2013 4:57:17 PM
Maglianno posted...
Dannyson97 posted...
Dannyson97 posted...

Bayonneta
Sonic Lost worlds
The Wonderful 101
Pikimin 3
X
Zombie U
Scribblenauts
Lego City Undercover
Super Smash Bros U
Wind Wind Waker HD

When they're making a lot of money off of them, why is it a problem?
---
Back from the dead.... or maybe just Tokyo.
#17RakesusPosted 9/30/2013 4:58:08 PM
aj4x94 posted...
ReggieBush09 posted...
Lovecraftiangod posted...
Nintendo didn't try all the crap Microsoft did to sctew consumers

you seriously still holding that against em?

You asked a question, and he gave you a perfectly viable answer. And he's not alone in thinking that.

Microsoft isn't off the hook just yet.

Wanted to second this as well. The sheer fact they had to back-track on a lot of their ideas just to make the console sellable is something I'll continue to hold against them.
---
Back from the dead.... or maybe just Tokyo.
#18PorungaPosted 9/30/2013 5:01:26 PM
Maglianno posted...
Dannyson97 posted...
Dannyson97 posted...

Bayonneta
Sonic Lost worlds
The Wonderful 101
Pikimin 3
X
Zombie U
Scribblenauts
Lego City Undercover
Super Smash Bros U
Wind Wind Waker HD

Do you REALLY want to go there? The same could be said for microsoft exclusives. halo, forza, gears, fable.. they need to step outside of their comfort zone and try more ideas.

See how that works?
#19TrickyPonyPosted 9/30/2013 5:11:13 PM
What I see is the same thing that happens every generation of consoles... fanboys on all sides hating on the other two. X1 is the ugly stepchild of next gen according to sony and ninty fanboys. PS4 is the ugly step child to MS and ninty fanboys. WiiU is the ugly step child according to everyone else, and everyone hates PC elitists.

In other words nothing has changed, this is the status quo.
#20Lefty128kPosted 9/30/2013 6:37:30 PM
ReggieBush09 posted...
Lovecraftiangod posted...
Nintendo didn't try all the crap Microsoft did to sctew consumers

you seriously still holding that against em?

They're still doing it with their paywall.

PC, tablets, smartphones, smart TV, smart boxes, PS3, Vita, PS4.

Netflix isn't behind a paywall on any of that. You just pay for your internet and Netflix and you can watch it. No extra fee to your PC maker, or the company that made your smartphone.

Sony doesn't do it.
Why does MS with XBone?