why is the xbox one the ugly step child of next gen?

#21ImThe8thWonderPosted 9/30/2013 6:45:11 PM(edited)
I still feel like the Wii U is has more to offer to me than the XB1 (though I'm getting all 3). Wii U doesn't throw ads on my UI, its price has been lowered to a reasonable amount for what it offers, and the tablet actually seems useful to me unlike the kinect. Plus, I've got some iconic Nintendo exclusives to look forward to.

edit: also forgot to mention that not having a paywall is a huge plus for me.
---
All fanboys are equally terrible. Hypocrisy and double-standards are at every corner, nobody is a saint.
#22Dev445Posted 9/30/2013 6:51:46 PM
Porunga posted...
Maglianno posted...
Dannyson97 posted...
_Elite_Bushido_ posted...
Dannyson97 posted...
The Wii U still has a reason to exist, if you own a PC or PS4 you have the 3rd party support, the Wii U has great exclusives, and is 200$ cheaper, you can't get Nintendo on any other console. Most people won't buy th Xbox one if they have a PS4, or decent PC, but the Wii U is a good companion console.

great exclusives? i dont think rehashing the same crap over 30 years is "great"

Using the same charecter in a game isn't rehashing.
Bayonneta
Sonic Lost worlds
The Wonderful 101
Pikimin 3
X
Zombie U
Scribblenauts
Lego City Undercover
Super Smash Bros U
Wind Wind Waker HD
All games and series that have existed for less then 30 years, and again the new 1st party games like Mario and Donkey kong aren't rehashes they
And to be fair they are more refreshing then the all these shooters.

Who on Earth hypes up Sonic games in 2013? And yes, Mario and Donkey Kong are rehashes because they're cartoon mascot games. Nintendo has only been making those for the past few decades now. They need to step outside of their comfort zone and try more ideas. No, that doesn't mean shooters and there's nothing wrong with having cartoon mascot games. But when the majority of your upcoming lineup is cartoon mascot games, you have a variety issue.

Do you REALLY want to go there? The same could be said for microsoft exclusives. halo, forza, gears, fable.. they need to step outside of their comfort zone and try more ideas.

See how that works?

Project Sparks
D4
Crimson Dragon
KI
Ryse
Quatam Break
Sunset OverDrive
DR3
TF

Just saying, their's more than just Halo, Gears, and Forza now
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#23sonic_man00Posted 9/30/2013 6:59:12 PM
Dannyson97 posted...
The Wii U still has a reason to exist, if you own a PC or PS4 you have the 3rd party support, the Wii U has great exclusives, and is 200$ cheaper, you can't get Nintendo on any other console. Most people won't buy th Xbox one if they have a PS4, or decent PC, but the Wii U is a good companion console.

---
PC > 360 > PS2 > 3DS > PSP > Wii
Windows 8/AMD Dual-Core E-3000/4 GB RAM/ATi Radeon HD 6310/320 GB HD
#24savagechild89Posted 9/30/2013 7:16:52 PM
Lovecraftiangod posted...
Nintendo didn't try all the crap Microsoft did to sctew consumers

pretty much this. i dont care that they reversed all of that stuff. the console could genuinely be good. but after knowing that they really though that all the crap they tried to pull was a good idea, i seriously question where microsofts head is.

they seem pretty detached from their user base and that is never good. its even more questionable that they so easily went back on everything they had in place. they pretty much put themselves in a terrible position where no matter what they screwed themselves.

if they had left all the limitations in they would have been blackballed by gamers. since they decided to take them out they are still being blackballed by gamers since they seem to only be reacting to their wallets.

its just bad all around for them right now. they need to really wow people for a wide audience to pick this thing up. i know there are people who are genuinely excited for the xbox 1 and thats great. but the general consensus is that that thing is going to bomb unless they clear their name. everything ive seen from polls, to forums to news articles points to everyone wanting the PS4 over the xbox and its simply because they dont trust a thing microsoft says right now.

TL;DR microsoft screwed themselves with DRM
---
PSN: Savagechild89, 3DS Friendcode: 4983-5811-5759, Wii U: Littleraven89
#25Foxx3kPosted 9/30/2013 7:39:54 PM
Ps4 fanboys are just bored and would rather talk about the Xbox One than the Playstation 4.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#26TalesOfGodPosted 9/30/2013 8:33:03 PM
ReggieBush09 posted...
Lovecraftiangod posted...
Nintendo didn't try all the crap Microsoft did to sctew consumers

you seriously still holding that against em?

Anyone who doesn't is a moron or a blind fanboy.

Both are basically the same thing.

Anyways, I hope Xbox fails because Microsoft has been doing way too many things to screw the gaming (and PC) community over. -_-
#27Orange_ApplesPosted 10/1/2013 3:32:14 AM
I'm sorry, are people getting mad at Nintendo for rehashing titles? On the Xbox board?

Xbox fans should be the last people talking about rehashes.

What was the last great new IP to come out of Microsoft First Party devs?
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.