ATTN people hyping up Ryse.

#1MagliannoPosted 9/30/2013 3:41:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQTk_EpZ5ZY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTwDmA7do5M

This is what you're hyping. Why is that?
---
Stealing IP addresses since 2011.
#2BudWisenheimerPosted 9/30/2013 3:44:28 PM
They're probably hyping the single-player. The unfinished multi-player looked like a-a-a-a-a-a-ass back in A-A-A-A-A-A-August.
#3squarex8264Posted 9/30/2013 3:46:57 PM
I played it at PAX, and it seemed pretty fun. Also, I really like the setting.

I know you're joking with your first post, but in case you didn't know, the 'A' button does not attack. You do combos with 'X' and 'Y'. The 'A' button is pressed when you want to do a timed block.

Not sure what happened in the video above. The game probably hit a bug when the player needed to mash 'A' to move something, and the prompt got stuck on screen I'm guessing...
---
Gamertag: Squ4rex
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#4mcnichojPosted 9/30/2013 3:47:06 PM
1. Gladiator mode looks pretty fun actually. Now I'm more hyped.

2. God of War: SQUARESQUARESQUARESQUARESQUARESQUARESQUARESQUARESQUARE

3. I haven't really been hyping the game up on the boards, just pointing out it's an exclusive.

4. Because opinions.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. | Level 50 in Gears Judgement Demo, yes this needed to be in my sig because a thread wasn't enough
#5sworderPosted 9/30/2013 3:48:48 PM
mcnichoj posted...

You could say that about any hack and slash, even DMC and Bayonetta. Doesn't mean they don't have depth.

I don't think Ryse could possibly have any less depth than it currently does
#6maheo30Posted 9/30/2013 3:52:43 PM
I was mildly interested, but then I watched the videos. Now I'm really interested. Thanks.
---
The world should realize with increased clearness that Evangelicalism stands or falls with Calvinism. (Dr. B.B. Warfield)
#7unclekoolaid73Posted 9/30/2013 3:55:03 PM
Every time I see footage of this game it seems like it keeps getting worse and worse. Maybe its just me but...oh well.
#8ExempliGratiaPosted 9/30/2013 3:57:28 PM
Didn't they model thre fighting system after the Batman Arkham series? If you like those I don't see the reason why not to like the ryse combat.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#9koboldwarrior77Posted 9/30/2013 3:58:53 PM
I like unique multiplayer modes.

Looking forward to the multi in Batman Origins and ACIV. Hope this turns out ok.
---
Arnold is Numero Uno
#10mcnichojPosted 9/30/2013 3:59:00 PM
sworder posted...
mcnichoj posted...

You could say that about any hack and slash, even DMC and Bayonetta. Doesn't mean they don't have depth.

I don't think Ryse could possibly have any less depth than it currently does
But have either of us played it?
I bet someone playing any of those other games on easy difficulty for the first time could make those games look like they have no depth.

unclekoolaid73 posted...
Every time I see footage of this game it seems like it keeps getting worse and worse. Maybe its just me but...oh well.
Because it's more realistic and not flashy liek other games in its genre.
Same reason why I think people call GTA boring compared to SR.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. | Level 50 in Gears Judgement Demo, yes this needed to be in my sig because a thread wasn't enough