XBOX ONE DVR features will let you record video commentary for game clips

#1SolnotPosted 9/30/2013 6:34:22 PM
http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/30/4782720/xbox-one-dvr-features-will-let-you-record-video-commentary-for-game

Xbox One consoles allow players to record video commentary over pre-recorded game clips, Microsoft's Phil Harrison revealed during his Eurogamer Expo keynote attended by Polygon.

Harrison demonstrated the system's Upload Studio feature, a new addition that allows the player to record "as much or as little" footage as they want. Users can then record commentary for the clip using the Kinect camera, which will later be played in a picture-in-picture view over top of the recorded game. Additionally, you can either keep these videos private, share them with particular friends or share them publicly.

The Xbox One's Game DVR is limited to 720p resolution at 30 frames per second. Your clips are stored in the cloud and can be found in the Xbox One Guide, in your own game DVR collection and when you are looking at gamercards on the system. Additionally, Microsoft told Polygon the ability to upload gameplay capture clips to social media sites such as Facebook and YouTube will be available "in 2014."
#2SS_MetalSonicPosted 9/30/2013 6:38:51 PM
YES!
---
PSWiiPC60DS - Sonic Generations, Asura's Wrath, Sleeping Dogs, Metro 2033, Borderlands, Darksiders 2, El Shaddai, Far Cry 3, Halo 4, Skyrim, Tomb Raider
#3BoomerHelllPosted 9/30/2013 7:21:22 PM
2014..damn. can i still live stream to twitch at launch?
#4XBOXvsPCPosted 9/30/2013 7:25:13 PM
As expected.
---
"Now you're talking to me baby! That I like! Keep it coming!" - Tony Montana
#5BudWisenheimerPosted 9/30/2013 7:33:47 PM
Solnot posted...
Harrison demonstrated the system's Upload Studio feature, a new addition that allows the player to record "as much or as little" footage as they want. Users can then record commentary for the clip using the Kinect camera ...

Huh. So no more 5 minute limit?
#6CyberneticRatPosted 9/30/2013 7:37:10 PM
BudWisenheimer posted...
Solnot posted...
Harrison demonstrated the system's Upload Studio feature, a new addition that allows the player to record "as much or as little" footage as they want. Users can then record commentary for the clip using the Kinect camera ...

I think they changed it in response to the PS4's 15 minute limit but I could be wrong. Do a quick Google search or something.
---
Gamer Tag: MANNKILLER83
Proud Supporter of The Wonderbolts
#7WM_PMCPosted 9/30/2013 7:47:47 PM(edited)
CyberneticRat posted...
BudWisenheimer posted...
Solnot posted...

I think they changed it in response to the PS4's 15 minute limit but I could be wrong. Do a quick Google search or something.

Microsoft actually came out with an official statement saying that the 5 minute limit is still there. I'll see if I can find a link for it.

Edit: Found it. http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/27/microsoft-confirms-xbox-one-only-has-5-minutes-of-recording/
---
PSN: WingNut125
KiP Info: www.kipclan.info; KiP forum: www.kipclan.com
#8True_FoeHammerPosted 9/30/2013 7:52:33 PM
WM_PMC posted...
CyberneticRat posted...
BudWisenheimer posted...
Solnot posted...

Microsoft actually came out with an official statement saying that the 5 minute limit is still there. I'll see if I can find a link for it.

Edit: Found it. http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/27/microsoft-confirms-xbox-one-only-has-5-minutes-of-recording/

Seriously? A 5 or 15 minute limit for the X1 and PS4? I thought that those numbers was the amount of footage the system automatically kept, in case you came upon something really cool that you wanted to show off, but did not know to record because it didn't even happen yet.

Both systems just really disappointed me. There isn't even a real point to this feature now.
#9BudWisenheimerPosted 10/1/2013 1:48:12 AM
True_FoeHammer posted...
WM_PMC posted...
CyberneticRat posted...
BudWisenheimer posted...
Solnot posted...

Seriously? A 5 or 15 minute limit for the X1 and PS4? I thought that those numbers was the amount of footage the system automatically kept, in case you came upon something really cool that you wanted to show off, but did not know to record because it didn't even happen yet.

Both systems just really disappointed me. There isn't even a real point to this feature now.

Seems simple to me. Either you record again every 5 minutes or you record every 15 minutes. Edit together later. Use the Kinect if you have it.
#10aiyobroPosted 10/1/2013 1:52:40 AM(edited)
Why would they limit you on the amount of video you can record?

They're pretty much saying you can but we don't want you guys doing anything creative or big with it if we don't get money out of it.

it's just free advertising to them. You probably can't even put it up on youtube, you have to use their service.

Epic FAIILL