Are ya out of shape XBROS? XBOX ONE Fitness app to be free for Gold subscribers!

#1SolnotPosted 9/30/2013 6:39:02 PM
http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/games/1302706/xbox-one-fitness-app-to-be-free-for-gold-subscribers

Microsoft has revealed Xbox Fitness, a workout game which uses celebrity instructors and the new Kinect depth-sensing camera system to encourage Xbox One owners to work up a sweat.

Building on the success of various third-party fitness titles, which grew in popularity following the launch of Nintendo's motion-controlled Wii console, Xbox Fitness could be seen as a way to justify the bundling of the Kinect camera system with the Xbox One console. It's a move which increases the bundle's price above that of Sony's rival, camera-less PlayStation 4.

Microsoft says that the key feature of Xbox Fitness is the ability for the ultra-sensitive Kinect system to read a player's heart-rate without the need to wear a dedicated monitor device. Coupled with software-based muscle mapping, the title apparently provides accurate and worthwhile workouts without the player ever having to leave the comfort of the living room.

The biggest selling point, perhaps, is Microsoft's use of celebrities as the fitness instructors: Tony Horton, Shaun T, Jillian Michaels and Tracy Anderson have all been revealed in the promotional video as being available at launch, with more promised in the near future.

The software also tracks players' performance by measuring their balance, tempo and form, using the heart-rate monitoring capability to track exertion while following the instructors' videos.

Microsoft has confirmed that the game will be made free for those who pay for an Xbox Live Gold membership through to December 2014, after which it is expected to transition to a paid subscription service itself with the planned monthly cost not yet revealed.
#2Decimator11Posted 9/30/2013 6:39:43 PM
Note the final sentence.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qwW6T.jpg
#3Dannyson97Posted 9/30/2013 6:45:21 PM
Solnot posted...
http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/games/1302706/xbox-one-fitness-app-to-be-free-for-gold-subscribers

Microsoft has confirmed that the game will be made free for those who pay for an Xbox Live Gold membership through to December 2014, after which it is expected to transition to a paid subscription service itself with the planned monthly cost not yet revealed.

So I will have to pay for it? Separately from my gold subscription? Yeah I'll stick to Wii Fit.
---
I'm pro Nintendo, my friend is pro Sony,
my other friend is pro Microsoft.
#4ImThe8thWonderPosted 9/30/2013 6:57:04 PM
Who would rather pay a subscription for that instead of paying for a gym membership? Or better yet- just exercising for free at home, like jogging, for example.
---
All fanboys are equally terrible. Hypocrisy and double-standards are at every corner, nobody is a saint.
#5Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 9/30/2013 7:19:25 PM
you'll get more of a workout if you went for a 30 min run around the block then you would of several hours of that game...
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#6DeadLock25Posted 9/30/2013 7:29:02 PM(edited)
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
you'll get more of a workout if you went for a 30 min run around the block then you would of several hours of that game...

Its not a game. Its essentially all of the BeachBody workout routines like Insanity, P90X and Metamorphosis offered to you for free with achievements, stat/record tracking all in one place.

If you ever tried any of those, I guarantee you that you would realize how inaccurate your statement is.
---
GT: DeadLock25
#7DeadLock25Posted 9/30/2013 7:34:26 PM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
Who would rather pay a subscription for that instead of paying for a gym membership? Or better yet- just exercising for free at home, like jogging, for example.

It really does depend on the individual and the price of the subscription. If the price is reasonable and people do not have the time to go to the gym or they just do not want to, I can see how paying for that and having stat tracking might be attractive to some people. Instead of paying $100+ for those workout routines or a gym membership or gym equipment in your home, it might be more convenient and affordable for some to chose the program. (again, it heavily depends on the quality and price of the subscription service after the one year is up)
---
GT: DeadLock25
#8Sin_Angelus_Posted 9/30/2013 7:57:35 PM
DeadLock25 posted...
It really does depend on the individual and the price of the subscription. If the price is reasonable and people do not have the time to go to the gym or they just do not want to, I can see how paying for that and having stat tracking might be attractive to some people. Instead of paying $100+ for those workout routines or a gym membership or gym equipment in your home, it might be more convenient and affordable for some to chose the program. (again, it heavily depends on the quality and price of the subscription service after the one year is up)

Combine all that with the fact that they're trying to add a fun spin to something that some people dread doing and it might not be a half bad deal after all. If it's something that gets you to exercise regularly and it works, then it will be worth it.
#9lilj812Posted 9/30/2013 8:01:22 PM
You can get the same experience by watching and following along with YouTube videos. Completely free so no paying 2, count em, 2 subscription fees.

Ms.. You guys lose
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
#10DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/30/2013 8:14:46 PM
Its so obvious who in this topic don't exercise. I can't believe there is an idiot who thinks running for 30 minutes is even close to doing a P90X workout.

Holy hell, I am excited for this since I love P90X and am going to try and max out any achievements they have for it. Its going to really help motivate me more to expand my workout routine. Will be cool to check out others as well.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H