Seriously, kinect games, where are they?

#11CyberneticRatPosted 10/1/2013 11:00:39 PM
D4.
---
Gamer Tag: MANNKILLER83
Proud Supporter of The Wonderbolts
#12Deja Blue 03Posted 10/1/2013 11:03:56 PM
FriedLemon posted...
What I find interesting is that MS is essentially shoving kinect down people's throats claiming that it's an "intergral part of the Xbox experience" but we've yet to see any kinect games on the X1.

???

Just Dance is a launch title.
---
I love Owen Wilson. When he tried to commit suicide, I went on a hunger strike. -PresidentSears
#13CapwnDPosted 10/1/2013 11:07:41 PM
TrackIR type integration would be amazing if it works well with games. But the doucehbags here just to troll don't even know what that is.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#14NerdimusPrimePosted 10/1/2013 11:09:22 PM
FriedLemon posted...
What I find interesting is that MS is essentially shoving kinect down people's throats claiming that it's an "intergral part of the Xbox experience" but we've yet to see any kinect games on the Xbone.

I find it odd that it won't be available to demo on the Xbox One tour. If it's such a great thing, why not let people use it?
---
Troll logic: say something utterly moronic and when someone takes the time to point out your stupidity, you win!
#15Cowboy082288Posted 10/1/2013 11:37:16 PM
While I suspect most of this is a troll thread. I will say that the kinect 2.0 is an expensive device. The UI functionality is nice and all but if MS really wants to sale the concept of it I think they need a big game to do so. So far we really haven't seen any such game.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam - cowboyoni
#16NerdimusPrimePosted 10/1/2013 11:43:31 PM(edited)
Cowboy082288 posted...
While I suspect most of this is a troll thread. I will say that the kinect 2.0 is an expensive device. The UI functionality is nice and all but if MS really wants to sell the concept of it I think they need a big game to do so. So far we really haven't seen any such game.

They need to provide consumers a reason to want it....which is why I'm so perplexed at the omission of this device on the big Xbox One tour. give the people some hands on time with it so they can talk it up if it's so amazing.
---
Troll logic: say something utterly moronic and when someone takes the time to point out your stupidity, you win!
#17Cowboy082288Posted 10/1/2013 11:53:21 PM
NerdimusPrime posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...
While I suspect most of this is a troll thread. I will say that the kinect 2.0 is an expensive device. The UI functionality is nice and all but if MS really wants to sell the concept of it I think they need a big game to do so. So far we really haven't seen any such game.

They need to provide consumers a reason to want it....which is why I'm so perplexed at the omission of this device on the big Xbox One tour. give the people some hands on time with it so they can talk it up if it's so amazing.

Not saying I don't believe you but can you link somthing for that. I find is very unusual that they would not hype up/demonstrate the device.
---
#18NerdimusPrimePosted 10/2/2013 12:14:01 AM(edited)
Cowboy082288 posted...
NerdimusPrime posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...

Not saying I don't believe you but can you link somthing for that. I find is very unusual that they would not hype up/demonstrate the device.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/27/xbox-one-demo-tour-details-and-dates-announced?abthid=5245ec6e146fbedc6000001d

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/onetour

Notice they hype the new controller, Forza, DR3, and KI but no mention of Kinect. You'd think that Kinect would be the 1st thing they would want to show off since it's such a " technical marvel". The Fighter Within would be ideal to show off the sophistication of Kinect 2.0 if it worksas advertised.
---
#19Cowboy082288Posted 10/2/2013 12:15:58 AM
NerdimusPrime posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...
NerdimusPrime posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/27/xbox-one-demo-tour-details-and-dates-announced?abthid=5245ec6e146fbedc6000001d

Notice they hype the new controller, Forza, DR3, and KI but no mention of Kinect. You'd think that Kinect would be the 1st thing they would want to show off since it's such a " technical marvel". I would think The Fighter Within would be ideal to show off the sophistication of Kinect 2.0 if it works advertised.

.... even in the video of the first link there is a guy showing the kinect device..... Lets wait till some of the events to actually happen before claiming that MS is pretending there is no kinect device.
---
#20NerdimusPrimePosted 10/2/2013 12:42:54 AM(edited)
Cowboy082288 posted...
NerdimusPrime posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...
NerdimusPrime posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...

Notice they hype the new controller, Forza, DR3, and KI but no mention of Kinect. You'd think that Kinect would be the 1st thing they would want to show off since it's such a " technical marvel". I would think The Fighter Within would be ideal to show off the sophistication of Kinect 2.0 if it works advertised.

.... even in the video of the first link there is a guy showing the kinect device..... Lets wait till some of the events to actually happen before claiming that MS is pretending there is no kinect device.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/67345293

Apparently someone has already been to one of the demos and verified the lack of Kinect usage. It's a simple piece of deduction anyways: If something has been touted as a defining feature yet you fail to mention it in your ad for things to be demoed ( or any game that utilizes it's defining features) , isn't it highly likely that it won't be available for use? IGN would have mentioned " hands on with Kinect" if it was offered. you might get voice/mic interaction but I would not expect to see the advanced motion tracking they seemed to be so proud of at the e3 reveal.

Video? you mean the unboxing video on IGN? Wholly unrelated ot the article about the tour. I'm talking about using it, not looking at the thing. I want to see someone use it in real time or have a hands on demo.
---