Seriously, kinect games, where are they?

#21SparkItUpPosted 10/2/2013 5:09:53 AM
embrandedone posted...
anonymous46773 posted...
Because they're bad.

/thread

^ that pretty much sums it up

Devs don't want to develop with it beyond gimmicky things such as sound (I call GTA V out for this very gimmick with it's voice gimmick online). It really just isn't worth the hassle because it generally has always turned out bad....which brings up the question, why even have Kinect 2.0 at all?
---
http://youtu.be/Mke9EHMQMYI
Did you stand to close to the fire, like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stone...
#22yazman666Posted 10/2/2013 5:58:02 AM
Orange_Apples posted...
At launch?

Fighter Within
Just Dance 2014
Zumba Fitness: World Party

Great....enough to get an xbone....KINECT ITS A FAILURE !!!!
---
Abyss Walker, Humanity Collector, Crystal Lizzard slayer.
Artoria's Descendant, Chosen Undead.
#23kyncaniPosted 10/2/2013 9:24:27 AM
Well, you can use Kinect to watch television and earn trophies.
#24Dev0311Posted 10/2/2013 9:50:26 AM
Kinect sucks hard
#25embrandedonePosted 10/2/2013 10:45:46 AM
Curious if Xbox Fitness counts as a game.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board
#26EllesarienPosted 10/2/2013 10:50:53 AM
TC creates a thread asking why no Launch games use Kinect.

Someone posts the three LAUNCH titles that are Kinect based but it totally ignored by the trolls.

Children.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#27Cowboy082288Posted 10/4/2013 9:02:35 PM
NerdimusPrime posted...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/67345293

Apparently someone has already been to one of the demos and verified the lack of Kinect usage. It's a simple piece of deduction anyways: If something has been touted as a defining feature yet you fail to mention it in your ad for things to be demoed ( or any game that utilizes it's defining features) , isn't it highly likely that it won't be available for use? IGN would have mentioned " hands on with Kinect" if it was offered. you might get voice/mic interaction but I would not expect to see the advanced motion tracking they seemed to be so proud of at the e3 reveal.

Video? you mean the unboxing video on IGN? Wholly unrelated ot the article about the tour. I'm talking about using it, not looking at the thing. I want to see someone use it in real time or have a hands on demo.

Well I guess we can put an end to that theory, what with the pics/video popping up around the net with the kinect device displayed and being used at these events.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam - cowboyoni
#28TheGam3925Posted 10/4/2013 9:24:53 PM
SparkItUp posted...
embrandedone posted...
anonymous46773 posted...
Because they're bad.

/thread

Devs don't want to develop with it beyond gimmicky things such as sound (I call GTA V out for this very gimmick with it's voice gimmick online). It really just isn't worth the hassle because it generally has always turned out bad....which brings up the question, why even have Kinect 2.0 at all?

Kinect makes MS a lot of money. The developers making Kinect games is a different story however as 90 percent of Kinect games are pure and utter garbage.
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#29GotTruthPosted 10/4/2013 10:31:15 PM
Zheakk posted...
Because everyone won't stop b****ing about the Kinect. As soon as they announce Kinect games it will turn into "lawl, all XB1 launch games are stupid Kinect titles."

I would rain praise all day on a RTS that allowed me to control a battlefield with a HUD that I controlled with my hands like that screen interface in Minority Report, or Prometheus.....But the tech is NOT there yet, so I wont be using or supportive of the Kinect till it is.
---
You know they call it main-stream? Its because a stream is shallow.
GT: BuzzKillingt0n
#30kyncaniPosted 10/6/2013 1:06:36 PM
TheGam3925 posted...
SparkItUp posted...
embrandedone posted...
anonymous46773 posted...
Because they're bad.

/thread

Kinect makes MS a lot of money. The developers making Kinect games is a different story however as 90 percent of Kinect games are pure and utter garbage.

Yet for all those crappy games they still tried to force that thing down our throat.