Hideo Kojima thinks the cloud is important to gaming.

#1Cowboy082288Posted 9/30/2013 9:44:39 PM
Older article but think it's worth seeing giving all the talk about what cloud tech means to the game industry.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/04/16/kojima-i-do-like-sony-but-developer-is-going-multi-format-from-now-on/

“I love Sony, I have a Sony camera, but I think if you’re going to enter the cloud generation then there will be a lot of different devices involved and a lot of different ways to interact with that game world."

Hideo Kojima is one of my all time favorite developers. Hell I bought the PS3 because I wanted MGS 4. He has done many new approaches to gaming. Such as a gameboy advanced game that relied on actual sunlight to give power ups in the game. He basically created the 3D sneaking genre. (Splinter cell you cool but your no MGS)

Anyways, one of my all time fav devs saying he thinks that cloud service/computing is important for games has me sold on the idea. What do you guys think?
---
PSN/XBL/Steam - cowboyoni
#2Pokerkid777Posted 9/30/2013 9:45:32 PM
ps4 confirmed doom, X1 has won the war.
---
Tennis is the sport for gods I tell you. MOTHER****ING GODS!
#3DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/30/2013 9:47:09 PM
He sometimes makes good games, but most of the times he is just crazy. I do believe cloud will offer a lot of stuff, especially features and more massive environments, but I don't expect anything special from Kojima.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#42ndAtomiskPosted 9/30/2013 9:49:15 PM
Hideo Kojima is one of my all time favorite developers. Hell I bought the PS3 because I wanted MGS 4. He has done many new approaches to gaming. Such as a gameboy advanced game that relied on actual sunlight to give power ups in the game. He basically created the 3D sneaking genre. (Splinter cell you cool but your no MGS)

That would be Tenchu.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#5Cowboy082288(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2013 9:57:59 PM
2ndAtomisk posted...

That would be Tenchu.

That's why I said 'basically', it was not the first game with those concepts, but the execution of the game put the genre on the map. Kida like Doom for fps, or how mario bros for NES did for platformers.
---
#62ndAtomiskPosted 9/30/2013 10:19:50 PM
MGS did turn Metal Gear into a highly acclaimed franchise, but it was more of a collaboration between 3 games (MGS, Tenchu, and Thief) that put the genre on the map.
---
#7Cowboy082288(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2013 10:30:36 PM
2ndAtomisk posted...
MGS did turn Metal Gear into a highly acclaimed franchise, but it was more of a collaboration between 3 games (MGS, Tenchu, and Thief) that put the genre on the map.

I'll give Theif and honorable mention but not Tenchu :P

At any rate I think this is getting off the point. I respect Kojima and his opinion on what the cloud means to gaming.
---
#82ndAtomiskPosted 9/30/2013 10:34:32 PM
It's cool. You don't have to. And I agree.
---
#9Orange_ApplesPosted 9/30/2013 10:57:45 PM
Kojima says a lot of things. I mean, things he said eventually made this:
http://th04.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2013/251/e/2/metal_gear_solid_v__big_quiet_boss_xd_by_zombiesandwich-d6lio0e.jpg
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#10DelRowePosted 9/30/2013 10:58:16 PM
I don't think the cloud will be super effective until next gen maybe. This gen, I think using the cloud is a learning process for MS and Sony.
---
You are not in control.