Who else can't wait for Fallout 4?

#1DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/30/2013 11:05:00 PM
I really want Kinect integration in Fallout 4. This is the PERFECT game for it! Even smart glass would be cool if I could have a pip boy on my cell phone or ipad, lol!

Why is Fallout 4 perfect? Because like many wRPGs on consoles, it suffers from a really sluggish, limited and imprecise UI/control mechanism. Bringing up the pip boy was slow. Flipping through menus and items was slow. Checking things is slow. Hotkeying is slow. Everything was fairly slow.

Then we had NPCs and allies. Man interacting with them was tedious...

Of course despite this, Fallout 3 and NV are two of my favorite games last generation. But the potential to cut down on clutter and limitations has me excited. Skyrim even attempted to use Kinect so I have no doubt they will put in a real effort with this much more powerful sensor that is built into the system.

Some features I want:

Smartglass pipboy OR full motion control of pipboy (simple gesture to raise it, able to press on buttons and highlight items/things, setup way points with hands, etc)

Instant voice commands: I want to be able to say "Travel to xx", "wait 5 hours", "Wait for me in X town", "trade with me", etc. There is no reason not to give us simple shortcuts like this.

Motion hotkeys. The DPad is way way too limited. I want to be able to map more things to motions. Shake for a stim pack, wave left for a weapon change, etc.

PLEASE GIVE ME KINECT OBJECT MANIPULATION. My house on the console version looks like a mess. Trying to organize stuff with the analog stick was quite the joke. I want to be able to pick up something, easily move an rotate it and preferably, be able to manipulate an object at MULTIPLE points, not just one (so I could, for example, fold a person in half).

These are, imo, not ambitious changes and I hope to at least see some of these in my next version of Fallout.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#22ndAtomiskPosted 9/30/2013 11:18:07 PM(edited)
I remember shooting a teddie bear out of some kind of rocket launcher in one of the Fallout's for MASSIVE DAMAGE, but not much else. That being said, I'd be quick to pick up Fallout 4.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#3AvirosbPosted 9/30/2013 11:17:50 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
Why is Fallout 4 perfect? Because like many wRPGs on consoles, it suffers from a really sluggish, limited and imprecise UI/control mechanism. Bringing up the pip boy was slow. Flipping through menus and items was slow. Checking things is slow. Hotkeying is slow. Everything was fairly slow.

Then we had NPCs and allies. Man interacting with them was tedious...

That's what I have come to expect from recent Bethesda games.
I have my doubts that any Smartglass/Kinect integration is going to change that.

As for the topic title; I could wait if it meant that the future would involve a far less glitchy experience.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#4DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2013 9:04:08 AM
I'd rather it release with glitches and not get delayed. There is no way to remove all glitches from a game like that to begin with and I'd much rather have the game and wait for patches to fix whatever major issues come up. Also, games get fixed faster in the real world because more issues are quickly discovered.

No interest in having half as many games just to do what patches will be able to if I can't stand it at launch.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#5TheApd_ReturnsPosted 10/1/2013 9:23:05 AM
Fallout 3 was genuinely unimpressive, but I never played NV, so I don't understand the hype.

3 had a lack of dungeons, lack of overworld content, lack of good writing, lack of enticing loot/character develop mechanics... did NV fix any of those issues?
---
XBL: MauryPov1ch ... BF4 (PC): Chollima ... Steam: callmaury
#6Forte_SoldadoPosted 10/1/2013 10:36:42 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...
I really want Kinect integration in Fallout 4. This is the PERFECT game for it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhckuhUxcgA
---
"If someone this morning told me that a toothbrush was going to save the Normandy....I would've been very skeptical." Commander Shepard.
#7gray_fox_00Posted 10/1/2013 10:43:45 AM
TheApd_Returns posted...
Fallout 3 was genuinely unimpressive, but I never played NV, so I don't understand the hype.

3 had a lack of dungeons, lack of overworld content, lack of good writing, lack of enticing loot/character develop mechanics... did NV fix any of those issues?

I killed everyone in the first couple of towns I got to and got bored with it. My friend who always plays his games as lawfully good was very entertained by the chaos though.

It wasn't really NV's fault for not keeping my attention. Not many large sandbox games do.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#8Hucast9Posted 10/1/2013 10:46:25 AM
I can't wait. Before Fallout 3 launched I criticized it for being a game that puts you in a wasteland environment with a bunch of trash in it. After playing the game I quickly loved it. Fallout 3 is my favorite Fallout game.