So is this the generation where developers waste to BS casuals?

#11SoulTrapperPosted 10/1/2013 10:06:05 AM
This isn't the first game at or around the size.
As mentioned MGS4 was 50gb and I believe the last Uncharted game was around 40gb to download and 87 to install.

http://www.examiner.com/article/uncharted-3-digital-download-requires-87gb-of-hdd-download-size-revealed

This is nothing new, although it will be adjusting for the xbox crowd who is just getting these file sizes now.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#12SithMasterDKPosted 10/1/2013 10:10:12 AM
TC does have a point... I mean how many gigs are most of these games going to be? I know sports games probably wouldn't be but so much, but with limited space on the X1, how many games would you be able to fit on it?

Who am I kidding? By the time enough games come out to be able to fill up your hard drive M$ will have found a way for a M$ approved and manufactured external hard drive to be able to attach to your X1. Heck who knows, the only way to search through your external hard drive is with the Kinect online in sync with the Cloud, where they check every 24 hours to make sure your games serial number is connected to your X1.

This is all coming from a guy who has preordered the X1 Day 1 edition for display purposes only... @-@

Naw, actually I'm gonna be playing some CoD against the same 100 people who also bought into the X1. I'm sure we will all be on each other's friendlist by the end of November.

"Oh hey! It's xXQuickScopezXx! Let me see who all he's recently played with in the last week... Oh look at that, 15 people and we're all in the same multiplayer game! What are the odds of that?!" Friend request sent.
---
Currently playing- Dark Souls(PC), Pokemon Showdown, GTA V, and good old fashioned foosball.
#13DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 10:15:11 AM
Gonna pretend that post above me doesn't exist because it is barely intelligible.

Anyways, glad to see all the people bend over backwards to explain how its OK because MGS did it. MGS was a really terrible game. Did not have to much content, graphics was ok and forced you to install every chapter... The game was a joke for 50 gigs.

Watch, XB1 version of BF4 is going to be like 40 gigs and the PC version is going to be around 10 and you console scrubs are still going to be saying how its for "next gen content!"
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#14sworderPosted 10/3/2013 10:18:04 AM(edited)
And since I buy retail, no f***s will be given

If you want digital so bad, go to PC and stop complaining. You can attach an Xbone controller if you love it so much
#15ianthegamerPosted 10/3/2013 10:23:59 AM
why are people talking in relation to memory says writing out "gigs" and not "gb"
---
Confirmation bias (also called confirmatory bias or myside bias) is a tendency of people to favor information that confirms their beliefs or hypotheses.
#16DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 10:27:45 AM
sworder posted...
And since I buy retail, no f***s will be given

If you want digital so bad, go to PC and stop complaining. You can attach an Xbone controller if you love it so much

Yes why don't I play Dead Rising 3 and Crimson Dragon on PC. And hey, hows about moving my huge as FULL SIZE TOWER to my living room where it takes up more room and wires than everything else I have put together!

Lets make excuses for poor console practices!
---
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#17AzaneAzerPosted 10/3/2013 10:39:09 AM
My desktop isn't any more bulky than my Xbox360 to move around.

Honestly, Console gamers -Are- Casual in comparison to PC gamers, so it's not surprising that they're going that way.

Be glad Consoles are still a step up above "Microtransaction the videogame" that 99% of iOs and Android games are now.
#18DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 10:40:10 AM
Can I have a link to where you got the desktop thats similar to a 360??
---