X1 running Windows 8 games/apps?

#21RakesusPosted 10/1/2013 6:08:05 PM
Prodozul posted...
bob15x posted...
rusty12000 posted...
Windows 8 is terrible

I will never got back to windows 7 after 8.

Most people that complain about 8 are ignorant or lazy.

Or actually own it and recognize it has some serious faults.

Hear Hear!

I've used 8 for 2 months, and had 2 BSODs. I've used 7 for 3 years, and had 0.
---
Back from the dead.... or maybe just Tokyo.
#22CapwnDPosted 10/1/2013 6:13:31 PM(edited)
macmahon187 posted...
bob15x posted...
rusty12000 posted...
Windows 8 is terrible

I will never got back to windows 7 after 8.

Most people that complain about 8 are ignorant or lazy.

I agree, I hated on 8 so much but got it for the performance gains and absolutely love it. I have to admit though I've only seen the metro screen once or twice after getting a good start button back.

Nothing wrong with that. I barely used it at first, now I use it more. Mostly just bring it up by pushing the windows key, and typing the name of what I want to open. And, you can use the Netflix app on the metro screen, which has 5.1 sound. It's the only way to have netflix 5.1 audio from PC.

I have a multi monitor setup, so the metro can be confusing, and it can be an asset since it opens on the same monitor it was last used on.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#23steveboblarryPosted 10/1/2013 6:23:47 PM
Windows 8 is bad mmmmmmmkay
---
Drake the type of dude who understands were Skylar is coming from in Breaking Bad
#24chrish909Posted 10/1/2013 7:19:42 PM
Ms anniunces a new feature and people say ms isnt focusing on console gaming or its os sucks.

Sony announces charging for online aka forced psn. And the crowd goes crazy.

If windows 8 sucks, I want to know their opinion on the ps3 os or ps4 when it drops.
---
Sony promised 30 first year exclusives for ps4 first year. Too bad they are mostly indy titles.
#25khardboredPosted 10/1/2013 7:23:04 PM
chrish909 posted...
Ms anniunces a new feature and people say ms isnt focusing on console gaming or its os sucks.

If windows 8 sucks, I want to know their opinion on the ps3 os or ps4 when it drops.

The problem I have with Windows 8 on my Xbox will be that it will not be an OS developed with ONLY gaming in mind. Or at least the features of the 360 + new tech. Instead we are stuck with a 3GB OS whereas we could have freed up some valuable resources with a gaming only OS.

This is a rather minor thing and I have no real world numbers to compare anything to. I am sure everything is going to be just fine with the 5G's dedicated to a game.
---
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
#26macmahon187Posted 10/1/2013 7:32:19 PM
khardbored posted...
chrish909 posted...

The problem I have with Windows 8 on my Xbox will be that it will not be an OS developed with ONLY gaming in mind. Or at least the features of the 360 + new tech. Instead we are stuck with a 3GB OS whereas we could have freed up some valuable resources with a gaming only OS.

This is a rather minor thing and I have no real world numbers to compare anything to. I am sure everything is going to be just fine with the 5G's dedicated to a game.

What you have to understand is that some of that memory will be for gfx processing and the rest for system tasks. Like a good gfx card has 2gigs dedicated gddr5 along side say 8gigs of 1800mhz ddr3 system memory. That makes me wonder, does anyone know the speed of the memory in either condole?
---
Posted using GameFlux
#27XBOXvsPCPosted 10/1/2013 7:34:14 PM
khardbored posted...
chrish909 posted...

That tiny eSRAM will do the trick. RAM on the Xbox is not a problem; the problem is deal with that RAM.
---
"Now you're talking to me baby! That I like! Keep it coming!" - Tony Montana
#28khardboredPosted 10/1/2013 7:37:07 PM
Mac, MS already said 3GB will be dedicated to the OS features whereas developers will have 5g to play with during their development. PS4's is roughly the same, 3.5 to the OS and 4.5 to the games.

Also the Ones memory will run at 2133 and PS4 at 5xxx, I believe. This could have changed or was just old info my brain latched onto.
---
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
#29XBOXvsPCPosted 10/1/2013 7:47:07 PM
khardbored posted...
Mac, MS already said 3GB will be dedicated to the OS features whereas developers will have 5g to play with during their development. PS4's is roughly the same, 3.5 to the OS and 4.5 to the games.

Also the Ones memory will run at 2133 and PS4 at 5xxx, I believe. This could have changed or was just old info my brain latched onto.

That's why I pointed out ESRAM. We're going beyond 200GB/s here, I'm keen to see what devs are gonna do with all this bandwidth.
---
"Now you're talking to me baby! That I like! Keep it coming!" - Tony Montana
#30MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2013 8:19:33 PM
XBOXvsPC posted...
khardbored posted...

That's why I pointed out ESRAM. We're going beyond 200GB/s here, I'm keen to see what devs are gonna do with all this bandwidth.

Does anyone know if that Hypervisor thing is true? That X1 can potentially use up to 7GB of RAM?
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!