X1 running Windows 8 games/apps?

#31Golden MavenPosted 10/1/2013 7:25:09 PM
rusty12000 posted...
Baaaaaa

Great rehashed opinion you got there, now let the thinkers speak.
#32XBOXvsPCPosted 10/1/2013 7:55:35 PM
MrImpatient35 posted...
XBOXvsPC posted...
khardbored posted...
Mac, MS already said 3GB will be dedicated to the OS features whereas developers will have 5g to play with during their development. PS4's is roughly the same, 3.5 to the OS and 4.5 to the games.

Also the Ones memory will run at 2133 and PS4 at 5xxx, I believe. This could have changed or was just old info my brain latched onto.

That's why I pointed out ESRAM. We're going beyond 200GB/s here, I'm keen to see what devs are gonna do with all this bandwidth.

Does anyone know if that Hypervisor thing is true? That X1 can potentially use up to 7GB of RAM?

Couldn't find anything yet. Just rumours
---
"Now you're talking to me baby! That I like! Keep it coming!" - Tony Montana
#33khardboredPosted 10/1/2013 8:17:55 PM
XBOXvsPC posted...
khardbored posted...
Mac, MS already said 3GB will be dedicated to the OS features whereas developers will have 5g to play with during their development. PS4's is roughly the same, 3.5 to the OS and 4.5 to the games.

Also the Ones memory will run at 2133 and PS4 at 5xxx, I believe. This could have changed or was just old info my brain latched onto.

That's why I pointed out ESRAM. We're going beyond 200GB/s here, I'm keen to see what devs are gonna do with all this bandwidth.

Ah, yeah. I forgot about that 200gb throughput thanks to the esRAM. And like you said, it's going to make for some rather dramatic gameplay improvements over current gen. Especially when you consider that developers number one complaint with the 360 was lack of memory.
---
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
#34Masterchief5525Posted 10/1/2013 8:19:28 PM
bob15x posted...
rusty12000 posted...
Windows 8 is terrible

I will never got back to windows 7 after 8.

Most people that complain about 8 are ignorant or lazy.

^This x1000 People like to complain and complain about something without ever even trying it or try spending 2 minutes to get used to something different.